MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

9 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

So be prepared for this raw jewel that came right from the Library of Congress tapes (aka the "Rain Tapes"), leaked back in late 2006 together with the Final Demo 2 (aka the "You Thrill Me demo") off Erotica:

Of course it was ready to be polished and properly mixed/mastered but Warner just said "no, it's too much, you will rework the lyrics." So M did it only to insert the amazing cover of Fever instead.

This is simply Human Nature before Human Nature. No wonder this was present to the setlist of my AntiMadonna Tour in the thread @dankpepehad created a few weeks prior to original Celebration Tour launch date.

Now if only we had this instead of actual Human Nature. I would never mind to this being included on EVERY Madonna tour.

@Honey Littlejust for clarification, this was what Warner said "ok" to be on Erotica album:

No wonder M went pissed off with such a "strategy."

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/18/2023 at 2:06 PM, steady75 said:

Didn't Shame, Dear Father and You Are The One leak in HQ quality a while ago?

I need to find those somewhere. I only have quite shitty low quality files.

Dear Father leaked around 2008 alongside with the earlier version of Secret Garden, both came to M fans' knowledge with Like an Icon biography, which happened earlier the same year this particular leak had happened so I guess both events are somehow associated. Erotica (Final Demo 2) and Goodbye to Innocence (Straight Pass Demo) were actually the very first material leaked right from the Rain tapes, two years before these Betts demos.

Shame and You Are the One leaked in 2012 in the verge of the starting of MDNA Tour. Shep Pettibone even declared by then "It's a shame Shame wasn't released," at his socials.

In between the 2006 and 2012 leaks only one demo from the Rain Tapes leaked, one for Thief of Hearts which included a cameo voice attributed to a Southern Black woman, doing the last verse M actually does in the finalized song ("bitch, now sit your ass down!"), followed a high long gag by M herself.

EDIT: @Angelman60ofc I am referring to the LQ versions which leaked first and foremost. Later on a version of Shame allegedly came from own Pettibone archives leaked too, I managed to download here on Infinity back in my 2nd time here. And a couple of years ago the content of the 2 Rain tapes leaked in full, as you all know, and of course with the original flaws of their source materials.

31 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

@Honey Littlejust for clarification, this was what Warner said "ok" to be on Erotica album:

No wonder M went pissed off with such a "strategy."

Thanks got both the videos. I haven’t heard those two versions. I like the first one you sent. Sounds very soulful. Anything but the just say roe version.

17 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Thanks got both the videos. I haven’t heard those two versions. I like the first one you sent. Sounds very soulful. Anything but the just say roe version.

Please pibecito de mi corazón read carefully this review by @club78boy:

You will be surprised with actual proof Shame and the Straight Pass version of Goodbye to Innocence were at some point considered to the final Erotica album. Of course, this was M'S INTENTION, much before she decided to include Did You Do It? on album or even to use discarded Goodbye to Innocence lyrics to the Up Down Suite remix (as the released GTI weren't officially released back when Rain maxisingle came out). I TRULY believe all these actions by Madonna were in result of the debacle with lyrics had to be changed for GTI. Of course, not only lyrics, but the whole original instrumentation as you may clearly hear from the 1st video I brought.

M has always been a rebel heart, a fighter for freedom and she would never allow by herself the original GTI version never see the light of the day, of course OFFICIALLY ON HER OWN ALBUM.

11 minutes ago, lap said:

Any olher outtakes would make Erotica better than nonsense song like DId you do it 

It's interesting; I never liked the song either and always skipped it after the initial listen. But more recently I have been playing the full album from beginning to end and the song is quite comical.  In reality, the song does fit on the album.  It's just I can see why some prefer something more Madonna, especially knowing about the unreleased demos that didn't make it.

If you don't get the social commentary  she was making by having two men speak about fucking her in the back of a cab after she poured her emotional heart out over the course of an album then that's on you. Did You Do It completely contextualized the male gaze Madonna was trying to dismantle with the whole era. the SEX book, her desires from her point of view. In many ways in preempted the backlash before the album was even released.

Only cool girls really get this. Some of us just like to read etc.

8 hours ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

GTI was a featured track discussed during M’s VF cover story in 1992 as well. The reporter even quoted some lyrics including the mispronunciation of anonymity as ‘anonyminity’.

Are you sure? Can you paste the paragraph because I can’t find any mention of it in the VF story 

14 hours ago, steady75 said:

If you don't get the social commentary  she was making by having two men speak about fucking her in the back of a cab after she poured her emotional heart out over the course of an album then that's on you. Did You Do It completely contextualized the male gaze Madonna was trying to dismantle with the whole era. the SEX book, her desires from her point of view. In many ways in preempted the backlash before the album was even released.

💯 

16 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Are you sure? Can you paste the paragraph because I can’t find any mention of it in the VF story 

I’m sorry, I think it was actually the Vogue cover story for the same month. It got confusing back then because she was everywhere all the time! Lol

…but I’ll look it up and share! 

4 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Human nature >>> Goodbye to Innocence

And I'm not sorry.

Well to a Bedtime Stories hater to say such a thing is pretty surprising to me.

21 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

I have weird feeling that this particular version is slow?

Well, the polished, finalized version meant to be on Erotica has yet to be heard; it seems only @club78boyhas done it.

17 hours ago, steady75 said:

May she included Did You Do It? as a response to Goodbye to Innocence's whole debacle, given the lyric changing was pretty much the decision of the Patryarch.

In the tape club78boy heard, Waiting was in it, DYDI not.

Much likely if it weren't for Goodbye to Innocence lyrics changing, she wouldn't resort to some Betts' rap intended as a joke to express how fucked she was at that decision.

4 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well to a Bedtime Stories hater to say such a thing is pretty surprising to me.

Well, the polished, finalized version meant to be on Erotica has yet to be heard; it seems only @club78boyhas done it.

May she included Did You Do It? as a response to Goodbye to Innocence's whole debacle, given the lyric changing was pretty much the decision of the Patryarch.

In the tape club78boy heard, Waiting was in it, DYDI not.

Much likely if it weren't for Goodbye to Innocence lyrics changing, she wouldn't resort to some Betts' rap intended as a joke to express how fucked she was at that decision.

What lyrics were censored? Do you have them?

17 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

What lyrics were censored? Do you have them?

Well, compare the lyrics present in this video:

To the lyrics present in the Just Say Roe version:

Pretty much a difference, don't you think so? Especially this third video shows what would be the intended version for Erotica:

You win a candy (not from me unfortunately) if you give the right answer about which one of the 2 first videos versions is more seemingly to the version off the 3rd video.

2 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well, compare the lyrics present in this video:

To the lyrics present in the Just Say Roe version:

Pretty much a difference, don't you think so? Especially this third video shows what would be the intended version for Erotica:

You win a candy (not from me unfortunately) if you give the right answer about which one of the 2 first videos versions is more seemingly to the version off the 3rd video.

I am so confused 🫤 I can’t think right now to put all the pieces together. Another time.

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

I am so confused 🫤 I can’t think right now to put all the pieces together. Another time.

To sum it up:

Original GTI was intended to be an anthem about selfesteem, about demanding for reflection about her life, about realizing that "let me remind you, in the end, I'm the one who gonna stand by me, always and forever."

Released GTI was just "I don't wanna say goodbye to innocence." Chorus and intro were scrapped, as well as the darker, rockified instrumentation, in favour of a Frankenstein which kept the verses but very dislocated from the chorus which succeeded.

And the version that was given the ok to be on Erotica was much more closer to the released, tamed, bizarre version than to the early, raw, slap-on-the-face one.

For sure M found in Fever (and maybe in something else) the resort to protest against this bullshit of a need to a whole new lyric to HER song.

I guess you all understand English.

7 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Human nature >>> Goodbye to Innocence

And I'm not sorry.

Agree. My issue w/all versions of it is lyrically it’s too unfocused. HN is more cohesive. Or coherent.

Another problem is for being a vitriolic lash-out track her vocals are too mumbly. She doesn’t need to scream but like, once more w/feeling. This is an issue to a lesser extent w/Thief of Hearts too.

4 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Do you mean the version "before switching lyrics to Fever"? If so I don't want it. It's still better than Just Say Roe version but still I don't wanna it. :laughing: 

I love that jazzy straight pass demo.