MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

So if this is true they are being chronologically released which makes sense to me as they can hopefully also include the accompanying tour too - true blue and who’s that girl can include wtg tour - prayer and breathless can include BA but I’m just wishing here - at least if we are getting the first 2 albums this year it means we could potentially get Warning Signs 😉 and the full virgin tour - I’m guessing a summer and Xmas release 😋

LOL!  I predict this will be you when the re-issues are finally released because you are setting yourself for a huge disappointment with all that....

306174_87506.gif

3 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I think it means “next year” as in 2025. She will personally curate them and she can’t do it while on tour. It says NEXT YEAR!!! 

Really, she cannot personally curate an album of existing material while on tour?  She has two hours every night when she starts the show late.  

Well ….. the March edition of Mojo is already out . The article also mention Bruce Springsteen 84 ‘USA’ and Prince  84 ‘Purple Rain’ 40th Anniversary releases ‘next year’ … so ‘next year’ means 2024.

Lets hope it’s something special ….  (She did hook up with Nile ! yet Bray said she hadn’t been in touch in an interview last year ) And next year doesn’t end up being the infamous ‘soon’ …. 

Edited by Rainbow
Edit (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, Rainbow said:

Well ….. the March edition of Mojo is already out . The article also mention Bruce Springsteen 84 ‘USA’ and Prince  84 ‘Purple Rain’ 40th Anniversary releases ‘next year’ … so ‘next year’ means 2024.

Lets hope it’s something special ….  (She did hook up with Nile ! yet Bray said she hadn’t been in touch in an interview last year ) And next year doesn’t end up being the infamous ‘soon’ …. 

Yeah, again people are thinking this is going to take up a lot of her time when in reality the most she has to do is approve whatever is suggested to her.  Curating isn't like putting together a new album.  It could be a matter of someone presenting her different ideas to include in the Deluxe set and she approves it.  If the material is already available and just needs to be remastered, she doesn't have to be present for that. 

This article was written in 2023 speaking for 2024 re-issues.  It's not hard to deduce this is happening in 2024.  My surprise that the DEBUT album was mentioned. Not that I am complaining, and I'm happy, but apparently they are possibly combining these re-issues in the same year since a lot of her debut album was making an impact when LAV album was originally released. 

This is exciting!  :party:

10 hours ago, McDonna said:

they are possibly combining these re-issues in the same year since a lot of her debut album was making an impact when LAV album was originally released. 

This is exciting!  :party:

That could work as an explanation.

Mojo covers their back by saying ‘expected’ to release ….

Lets hope they live up to our expectations.

12 hours ago, Rainbow said:

We really don’t need another purple rain reissue - iM a huge Prince fan and that album has had 2 releases already - they need to focus on his other 80s albums 😔

26 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well, M was once cover to this magazine, if I recall twice, one in 2012 and the other in 2014/5.

They seem to have a respect to their name, just not as famed as late Pitchfork.

They throw shade to that page on most artist forums nowadays lol

Just now, Would You Like To Try said:

They throw shade to that page on most artist forums nowadays lol

Pitchfork was once considered the "Bible of the actual good music," until M. Frangipane clocked them.

Mojo still relies to some good credibility. By the way, Mojo paid dust to M the most of her career; she only got their flowers with leaving Warner...

Just now, Anapausis said:

Strangely the magazines who used to pan or ghost her for the Warner days suddenly changed their mind to... MDNA????

Nothing against, but there are much better albums she delivered prior to Sire, Maverick & co.

You know i love mdna .....

But in general  Interscope dont do enough for her.....

21 hours ago, McDonna said:

I am not setting myself up for "tons of remixes" or demos.  I have a feeling Madonna wants to keep the re-issue as close to the original release without overbearing it with demos and mixes (especially never officially released before).  At the same time, I hope she puts something special on the re-issues because I am just not buying the same exact album that is already out there.

If that’s the case, what’s the point in releasing a “deluxe” set at all? Fans aren’t going to rush out and buy it if it’s kept close to the original release and there’s nothing new to entice fans to purchase it.  Most artists these days are releasing deluxe editions of their albums which include demos, unreleased tracks, remixes etc. Warner have signed a deal with her to personally curate deluxe, expanded versions of her landmark albums. If it’s just going to be the album and a couple of remixes, they need not bother. 

12 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

If that’s the case, what’s the point in releasing a “deluxe” set at all? Fans aren’t going to rush out and buy it if it’s kept close to the original release and there’s nothing new to entice fans to purchase it.  Most artists these days are releasing deluxe editions of their albums which include demos, unreleased tracks, remixes etc. Warner have signed a deal with her to personally curate deluxe, expanded versions of her landmark albums. If it’s just going to be the album and a couple of remixes, they need not bother. 

true but most fans will buy any crap M releases - especially the vinyl and hologram sleeves which always baffles me - the same stuff just repackaged on pretty colour vinyls is not for me - give me unreleased songs, full digital mixes and some live stuff - i have given up on her videography ever having a proper remastering from the film reels :(

4 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

true but most fans will buy any crap M releases - especially the vinyl and hologram sleeves which always baffles me - the same stuff just repackaged on pretty colour vinyls is not for me - give me unreleased songs, full digital mixes and some live stuff - i have given up on her videography ever having a proper remastering from the film reels :(

I think a lot of fans are frustrated because it’s taking so long for them to release one of these deluxe albums. Once we have had an announcement of the first one and we can see what is included, we can start to manage our expectations. I think it’s a crime that her live shows have never had a full remastered release. Especially Virgin Tour and Blond Ambition. Her back catalog has been very poorly handled in my opinion. Let’s hope it’s not too much longer until we get some sort of announcement. 

21 hours ago, McDonna said:

LOL!  I predict this will be you when the re-issues are finally released because you are setting yourself for a huge disappointment with all that....

306174_87506.gif

It sounds as though you already know exactly what is going to be included in these reissues, would you care to share? 

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

We really don’t need another purple rain reissue - iM a huge Prince fan and that album has had 2 releases already - they need to focus on his other 80s albums 😔

I asked someone on twitter on the inside with his family and they were working on Diamonds and Pearls at the time (Its out now) then Parade. FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Watch out itll end up being Batman.