MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

People on here seem to also forget this campaign has mostly been for vinyl lovers  too so in my mind it’s not catering to all fans - don’t see why some of these couldn’t have been released on cd too - surely it’s cheaper 

Who’s That Girl - Super Club Mix was a Record Store Day exclusive. Record Store Day items are vinyl exclusive. 

Erotica Picture Disc - Vinyl, for obvious reasons, plus a major release for M fans. Who would have thought we would get a repress of this mega rare item?! 

Everybody 12” Reissue - This again was a Record Store Day exclusive, so it would not be offered as a CD. Plus brand new artwork. And the two tracks remastered. 

American Life Mix-Show - Again a Record Store Day exclusive. A beautiful item with incredible remixes.

The press release states. 

“2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music’s catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog, Recorded Music, with the first release to be announced soon.”

Keywords here are “multi year catalog releases.” Plus “unique releases for special events”. 

So far the first MAJOR releases have been Finally Enough Love, released on all formats and the Erotica Picture Disc. Everything else has been the unique releases for special events, eg Record Store Day. 

I don’t understand the negative comments surrounding Finally Enough Love. It’s a fantastic way to collate some of her best remixes, plus most of them are rare edits which are only available on promo CD’s/vinyl that cost a pretty penny or have never appeared on CD before. 

I have no doubt that the deluxe albums are coming, and like most I am impatient, but we know they are in the works and I have every faith that they will be well worth the wait. 

On a side note, I see people mentioning that they’re unhappy that most of the releases have been on vinyl. I have to ask, what is the reason people don’t want to collect her stuff on vinyl? The artwork alone is amazing and the sound is awesome too. Vinyl players don’t cost the earth these days. My advice would be to invest. They’re well worth it. Just my two cents. 

I’m just happy that M is still with us and is giving us these items. We know that she doesn’t like to look back, so we are lucky that she has changed her mind in that regard. 

❤️

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

@RyanUK Just for the record, RSD exclusives do not have to be vinyl. They do CD exclusives every year for RSD too. Dr. Dre is one I remember being a CD release for this most recent RSD.

Agreed, but predominantly it tends to be vinyl that is the format that has the big exclusives. Vinyl is a massive seller at the moment, so it makes sense for bigger artists such as M to have their RSD item pressed on vinyl. We have to remember that this is a business too and they want to make as much profit as they can. Vinyl will seal the deal much more than CD or Cassette. 

7 hours ago, Gonzus said:

Who said I don't understand the deal? I just don't like the way it's developed so far, it's disappointing, messy, confusing and lazy. Very little has been achieved in almost 3 years. And I won't change my mind, so I'd rather stop this amicable debate right here, it's pointless. I wouldn't like to hurt other people's feelings. I respect everybody's opinion.

These are all feelings though - if you don't like what has been released so far, just say that, you're entitled to your opinion. What you have been doing here is presenting your feelings as facts which is why we have been responding with actual facts. Hopefully M will release something soon that you'll enjoy. 

I think a lot has been achieved in 3 years- how many singles have been released digitally - RSD releases and the infamous FEL.

I also think we need to temper our exceptions on re-releases - looking at what Warner has done for others Cher, Green Day etc - there's been nothing extra added - just released on a colored vinyl.

7 hours ago, Gonzus said:

Who said I don't understand the deal? I just don't like the way it's developed so far, it's disappointing, messy, confusing and lazy. Very little has been achieved in almost 3 years. And I won't change my mind, so I'd rather stop this amicable debate right here, it's pointless. I wouldn't like to hurt other people's feelings. I respect everybody's opinion.

I think calling what has been released so far messy, confusing and lazy is a bit of a stretch.
For the first time in years we are getting brand new items related to her back catalog. After years of only getting the same albums released on a different colour vinyl we have items that have brand new artwork, brand new track-listings. Finally Enough Love is brand new. Yes it contains previously released songs, but a lot of the edits are rare and have never been put on a commercial release before. It was very well put together and is a nice companion to the “Celebration” compilation. 

12 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I think a lot has been achieved in 3 years- how many singles have been released digitally - RSD releases and the infamous FEL.

I also think we need to temper our exceptions on re-releases - looking at what Warner has done for others Cher, Green Day etc - there's been nothing extra added - just released on a colored vinyl.

I think that when the album reissues come we can expect more than just the original track listing and a colour vinyl. In the press release it states that M will personally curate EXPANDED deluxe editions, so more content will be added, however in what form this will take, none of us know at this point. I think at the very least we can expect official b sides and official remixes to be added. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer before we get some information on the 40th celebrations of Like a Virgin. 

I really wish people would stop going on about FEL know - it was compilation album of stuff we already had - i could have made that collection myself plus it was released nearly 2 years ago now ... and then of course re-released the following year when they could have put out another set - that was lazy imo ..

1 minute ago, wtg1987 said:

I really wish people would stop going on about FEL know - it was compilation album of stuff we already had - i could have made that collection myself plus it was released nearly 2 years ago now ... and then of course re-released the following year when they could have put out another set - that was lazy imo ..

When you say that it was a compilation of stuff we already had, what exactly are you expecting of the upcoming reissues? I fear you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are setting your heart on unreleased tracks or demos. No one knows if she will include them. And if she doesn’t, are you then going to complain that you already have the album, b sides and remixes? 

I would say a good lot of us will buy whatever is cooked up. Then half that lot will complain about it all while the other half rejoices over the fact that we got anything at all.

I don't expect anything that we don't have already, and really they know fans will buy regardless.

These imaginary pieces of info people have are really entertaining.

4 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I honestly have main interest in Music and Confessions on a dance floor unreleased 

its crazy...... i was talking about that with @Anapausis today....... there is so many unreleased songs of Madonna around...... and so beautiful!!!! sometimes it looks like they left out the best songs..... songs who can become huge !!!!

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

FEL was an expanded collection of hits - some released for the first time digitally and some previous promo only mixes.

It was re released a year later as part of Pride hence the rainbow vinyl’s.

45 minutes ago, Jackie said:

FEL was an expanded collection of hits - some released for the first time digitally and some previous promo only mixes.

It was re released a year later as part of Pride hence the rainbow vinyl’s.

Whoever chose to put Open Your Heart video version instead of the remix edit needs a knock in the head!

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Ah feelings :)