MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

On 3/28/2024 at 2:31 PM, McDonna said:

I still have mine and the laser disc player I bought in 1991.  I bought it specifically for the Blond Ambition Tour laser disc being it was the only way to get a PHYSICAL copy of the whole show.  For a couple of years there I bought a lot of my favorite movies on this format and then that damn DVD format came along and became popular!  LOL!  In all seriousness though, I remember when the Girlie Show came out, I debated if I should buy it on Laser Disc or DVD.  I eventually bought it on DVD as I knew that format was going to over take Laser Disc. But yeah, I loved the Laser Disc and there were earlier versions of that far back as the early 80's and my grandmother had earlier version of video disc players in the early 80's.  They were called Video Discs back then, but they look just like the Laser Discs.

My friend bought a laserdisc player and we both bought the Blonde Ambition disc back in the day, specifically for that release.  Man, those things were cumbersome.  They weighed a ton, and you had to flip them over too, if I recall correctly, lol.  I mean, it was a fun concept, but not terribly convenient.

Also, I just have to say this, as it's a bit of a pet peeve, and I don't anticipate anyone actually changing, but...there is no 'S' on vinyl.  Ever.  The plural of vinyl is vinyl.  So you would say: "I bought a ton of Madonna vinyl today", or "I listened to Madonna vinyl all day".  And it would be understood from the context that you're referring to more than one.  You can also use the word "records".  "Album" has become a generic term for a collection of songs on any format, but it also wouldn't be wrong to say "I listened to Madonna albums all day".  And yeah, vinyl is just a weird word with it's own weird rules (there are a few other words like that too, but I can't think of one of the top of my head.  I'm very tired, lol).  But please, no 'S' on vinyl.  It hurts my soul every time I see it, lol.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, McDonna said:

This is what I was asking if you meant streaming or physical?  You're right I don't believe she's released a physical format of her actual concerts for some time, but in 2020, she did release physical LP's of her Lover (Live From Paris) and  Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions. These also were released on digital and streaming platforms as well.

Interesting...i think that probably helps people stream the actual concert

7 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

My friend bought a laserdisc player and we both bought the Blonde Ambition disc back in the day, specifically for that release.  Man, those things were cumbersome.  They weighed a ton, and you had to flip them over too, if I recall correctly, lol.  I mean, it was a fun concept, but not terribly convenient.

Also, I just have to say this, as it's a bit of a pet peeve, and I don't anticipate anyone actually changing, but...there is no 'S' on vinyl.  Ever.  The plural of vinyl is vinyl.  So you would say: "I bought a ton of Madonna vinyl today", or "I listened to Madonna vinyl all day".  And it would be understood from the context that you're referring to more than one.  You can also use the word "records".  "Album" has become a generic term for a collection of songs on any format, but it also wouldn't be wrong to say "I listened to Madonna albums all day".  And yeah, vinyl is just a weird word with it's own weird rules (there are a few other words like that too, but I can't think of one of the top of my head.  I'm very tired, lol).  But please, no 'S' on vinyl.  It hurts my soul every time I see it, lol.

Umm?  I'm confused?  Why did you bring up your "pet peeve"?  I didn't even use the world "vinyl" in what you quoted of me.   Thanks for the English-Language lesson, but I know "vinyl" is singular and plural.  If I put a "s" at the end of the word at anytime, it  was a silly mistake.  Still (and no offense) seems like a silly thing to point out especially since I didn't use the word incorrectly in what you quoted. :Madonna033:

7 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

And there is no 'E' in the title Blond Ambition. It hurts my soul every time I see it.

Jada Pinkett Smith Ouchies GIF by Red Table Talk

I would take a laserdisc over anything her team upscale - at least it’s in its original form and to me they are no more cumbersome than vinyl - you still have to turn those fuckers over and my laserdisc player plays both sides anyway so I don’t have to get up to change it - I still have a lot of music concerts on laserdisc that have yet to be released even on dvd so I’m keeping them 😉

18 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I would take a laserdisc over anything her team upscale - at least it’s in its original form and to me they are no more cumbersome than vinyl - you still have to turn those fuckers over and my laserdisc player plays both sides anyway so I don’t have to get up to change it - I still have a lot of music concerts on laserdisc that have yet to be released even on dvd so I’m keeping them 😉

Fortunately, the SD master tape is better than the LD version. DVD (double layer) would be the perfect format (or better yet, the almost unknown SD-BD format).

s-l1200.jpg

8 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not fighting with you at all. I'm just enlightening you to some information as you are meaning to do here. But I need you to know this. We've changed it. It is now vinyls. We, as a society, have changed it to vinyls. I know that's not a response that you are going to like or accept, but it's the truth. Language is a human-developed and human-modified system, so when a large enough percentage of the population starts choosing to say something different, then the language changes at the will of the people. Colloquialisms have a long and storied history of becoming the new norm in language. Just like when people many centuries ago got tired of saying "cannot", they changed it to "can't." And that became a word by the will of the people. We're done saying vinyl as a plural. It's vinyls now. It will never be going back.

12 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Good luck playing this in your computer: 

sony-betacam-sp-cinta-de-v%C3%ADdeo.jpg?

You know what I mean though. I don’t have time or space for a laserdisc player and whatever else. I’m very grateful for the fans that have transferred the things from there though otherwise we wouldn’t have BAT, WTGT in Japan etc ❤️

6 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not fighting with you at all. I'm just enlightening you to some information as you are meaning to do here. But I need you to know this. We've changed it. It is now vinyls. We, as a society, have changed it to vinyls. I know that's not a response that you are going to like or accept, but it's the truth. Language is a human-developed and human-modified system, so when a large enough percentage of the population starts choosing to say something different, then the language changes at the will of the people. Colloquialisms have a long and storied history of becoming the new norm in language. Just like when people many centuries ago got tired of saying "cannot", they changed it to "can't." And that became a word by the will of the people. We're done saying vinyl as a plural. It's vinyls now. It will never be going back.

Gen Z are going to fuck the language purists right up

:04:

It’s crazy we don’t have a single person in the know on where these are. Like something either happened or their plan was for it to take this long initially. It doesn’t make any sense. In the time since this was announced several acts have put out rereleases with outtakes and demos

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

It’s crazy we don’t have a single person in the know on where these are. Like something either happened or their plan was for it to take this long initially. It doesn’t make any sense. In the time since this was announced several acts have put out rereleases with outtakes and demos

My thoughts exactly. Even Drowned Madonna doesn't seem to know and they have lots of insiders. I don't even think they knew about FEL before Madonna posted that they were working on a remix collection. 

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

You know what I mean though. I don’t have time or space for a laserdisc player and whatever else. I’m very grateful for the fans that have transferred the things from there though otherwise we wouldn’t have BAT, WTGT in Japan etc ❤️

I agree with you, but first, something needs to be transferred. We were discussing the best quality format for the Blond Ambition Tour, which is the original SD master tape. So, if you want the best quality, you need a copy of that tape on DVD-9 or 'SD on BD'. After that, it can be transferred to be played on your computer, and it will be better than the Laser-Disc version.

6 hours ago, musicinferno said:

My thoughts exactly. Even Drowned Madonna doesn't seem to know and they have lots of insiders. I don't even think they knew about FEL before Madonna posted that they were working on a remix collection. 

Yeah, the "insiders" are no longer at our disposal as they used to be.  I suspect it's only going to get worse, and a lot of these "insiders" are older fans and followed her more closer.  Some usually worked in the industry or knew someone close to the management team. 

I guess the crack down on her leaks, probably is another reason why some "insiders" aren't being so forthright with info.