Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

Funny little detail: Madonna's Spotify Top 10 now showcases the new 2024 Remaster of "Material Girl" cause it matches the "Celebration" version (previously showcased and the one getting +400M):

spomg.png.df52af038a8e223ef1a48c18b3df29db.png

This is all automatic, of course.

How does it work, usually, when a track is merged and matched on different releases? It usually takes the album, if it's attached to an album, and in that case the first release date. Then singles, and then compilations. I think that's the reason why this new single version has taken over, cause "Single" to their own system is above "Compilation" in range.

If someday they merge the "Like A Virgin" album version with the single version and the "Celebration" version (and the "Finally Enough Love" version), then the "Like A Virgin" version should be showcased, I think.

Nerdy stuff.

Just now, Anapausis said:

@GoneDonea bit off topic but, given you're back here, I just wanted you got your previous nick... Actually I pray for that! #WhenYouCallMyName

Nick can only be changed once every 30 days (forum rules) plus I'm here right now but I don't know if I'll be able to be as well tomorrow, next week, etc.

But thanks again. :heart:

6 hours ago, GoneDone said:

Funny little detail: Madonna's Spotify Top 10 now showcases the new 2024 Remaster of "Material Girl" cause it matches the "Celebration" version (previously showcased and the one getting +400M):

spomg.png.df52af038a8e223ef1a48c18b3df29db.png

This is all automatic, of course.

How does it work, usually, when a track is merged and matched on different releases? It usually takes the album, if it's attached to an album, and in that case the first release date. Then singles, and then compilations. I think that's the reason why this new single version has taken over, cause "Single" to their own system is above "Compilation" in range.

If someday they merge the "Like A Virgin" album version with the single version and the "Celebration" version (and the "Finally Enough Love" version), then the "Like A Virgin" version should be showcased, I think.

Nerdy stuff.

Hopefully in preparation for the ‘Like A Virgin 40 Remaster’ album, so all the streams will go to its original album. 
I hope that one day we can get them all merged. 

28 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

I wonder what Madonna's streams would be if she didn't feature on 'Popular' 🤔

Look at her current Spotify Top 10 posted above. She has other nine songs there that are not "Popular".

"Popular" has done wonders for her but she's been on the rise for three years now. She's come a long way.

5 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

Does anyone know that if I stream the Popular EP in full; will it count as one stream or five? 

each version counts separately for streams but towards chart positions like Billboard Hot 100 or the UK charts every single versions counts toward Popular's total.

Hope that makes sense.