Finally Enough Love is currently tracking at Number 2 debut in UK

proxy

I agree the charts with streaming is super frustrating in general.  Too much weight has been given to streamimg.

If you purchase a physical copy being online, Cd, Vinyl, casette its should count more than streamimg.  you can listen to an album out of interest on streaming and not even like it and would never buy it.  It means nothing.

No 1 on the physical sales chart should mean No 1 overall.  period.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

I agree the charts with streaming is super frustrating in general.  Too much weight has been given to streamimg.

If you purchase a physical copy being online, Cd, Vinyl, casette its should count more than streamimg.  you can listen to an album out of interest on streaming and not even like it and would never buy it.  It means nothing.

But buying a physical or a digital copy always counts more than streaming. You need thousands of streams to equal a sold copy. That’s why, still, the best way to support your fave artist is to buy the album, on physical and/or digital.

UK people, buy FEL! xdd

1 hour ago, blondebenji said:

not really, because music is consumed differently now and most people just don't buy physical albums but they still enjoy and support albums via streaming. We can't just ask for the rules to be adapted to Madonna because her audience doesn't stream as much.

I was on the Madonna forums back in the day when digital downloads became the big thing, years before streaming, and it took Madonna fans a while to catch up with the download era, and they were FUMING that downloads shouldn't matter. Back then Madonna had the #1 physical singles sales simply because she was one of the rare acts releasing a physical single, not because her songs were THE most popular.

8 hours ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

Funny how charts are irrelevant to Madonna fans until battling for a #1 position comes into play. Even more funny that Steps is so irrelevant according to many here and yet the Queen of Pop is sitting at #2 for some unexplained reason🤔oh wait! Madonna is absolutely loathed by the general public. Just be happy she is in the top ten at all, FEL has done better than I thought it would, especially with the incompetent promotion.

I think the reasons are well known at this point (more formats and sneaky business vs a pretty standard release). Good for Steps though! 

23 hours ago, Prayer said:

The only way I can see it happening is IF the official Madonna UK website orders are only counted for the charts when they are dispatched (which I think it could be the case?). Some people still haven't received the dispatched order email for their orders, right?

In the meantime, keep streaming and buy the Standard on iTunes to help a little bit. :Madonna009:

Joking. Steps deserve the #1 if they get it, they're working their a****s off to have it while Madonna is... well, on a boat in Italy.

Awkward My Big Fat Fabulous Life GIF by TLC

Madonna is #2 in germany's midweeks as well!

ALSO...SHE'S #1 IN AUSTRALIA for now!!

Debuts are taking over the ARIA Albums Chart this week with Madonna predicted to land at #1 with Finally Enough Love, a potential 12th #1 charting album! Looking to debut in the Top 5 are hard rock bands, Five Finger Death Punch with AfterLife and 1 Prevail with True Power. ARIA nominees, The Chats are likely to debut in the Top 10 with their second studio album Get F**ked. 

Source

She might just have the biggest selling album of the week worldwide. :drama:

21 minutes ago, Andreo said:

People saying it's "huMiLiAtiNg" understand remixes album literally never really had any chances to sell good in the first place and FEL it's doing miraculous numbers right??? I can't believe what some fans are saying here tbh :rip:

Yeah now suddenly Steps is the standard for albums sold, lmao.

Madonna is doing 100k on week one worldwide. How much are Steps doing ? :)

• Enrico unfeatured this topic