Finally Enough Love is currently tracking at Number 2 debut in UK

proxy

I think number three is great for the UK. Zero promotion, a hostile general public and pitched against a much loved pop outfit who, despite what you think of them, are widely liked by my fellow countrymen and worked like demons to promote their release and she can be pleased with this chart position to be honest. 

As a Brit and lifelong Stan of hers I don’t think people realise how far from favour she is with the British people. Beyond her remaining diehards she is pretty much an irrelevance. I can’t impress upon you the amount of former casual fans I know who simply do not care anymore. The girl did good in my opinion. Credit where credit is due. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Number 3 is great! But to me it’s still surreal that a band like Steps is a higher seller. I mean aside from being awful they’re such has-beens.

I guess the days when UK had a really high standard when it comes to music are long gone…

Steps released 1CD standard edition, one 2CD deluxe edition and 4 different Deluxe edition with 4 different tracklists, each for each member. That is why cd sales are so high ! They wanted the #1, they got it ! Easy to get it this way !

If there were a signed edition and, say, 2 different editions with different covers and different tracklists, would have you bought them ? Obv yes !

56 minutes ago, HampusFL said:

If Madonna have such a big fanbase that buy all her products... why is it that her recent singles has not been doing much on the charts? (even for the first week) ...we have to disagree... I believe that she only reached top 3... because both fans and casual listeners have either streamed or bought songs from this compilation....simply because people love classic Madonna music.

yes, she has a big fanbase that buy all her products. Recent singles are not bought but they are streammed (If you look a the iTunes charts, they actually sell, but those numers are ridiculous). Fans are there, ready to BUY reissues, they are not young enough to Spotify her. They prefer playing a cd...

7 minutes ago, OceanBlue said:

yes, she has a big fanbase that buy all her products. Recent singles are not bought but they are streammed (If you look a the iTunes charts, they actually sell, but those numers are ridiculous). Fans are there, ready to BUY reissues, they are not young enough to Spotify her. They prefer playing a cd...

How young are you supposed to be to use Spotify?, I'm 56 and by far prefer iTunes and Spotify these days... I've had enough of buying records just for the collection....

1 hour ago, HampusFL said:

How young are you supposed to be to use Spotify?, I'm 56 and by far prefer iTunes and Spotify these days... I've had enough of buying records just for the collection....

I don’t think it’s an age issue as much a generational issue. I know way too many older Boomers and Gen X that are not tech savvy and don’t care to learn a different approach to pretty much anything. Stuck on how things were throughout most of their life. Streaming isn’t relevant to those generations typically. They like CDs or vinyl or maybe they buy the iTunes version and just listen to that. I think there’s a great benefits to both but not everyone is like that. It certainly doesn’t help M per se, but atleast it means physical sales are still strong when she does release something. This has done well and I can’t wait for what’s coming. I just bought another standard FEL for my mom since it’s her birthday and I grabbed her the IC because hers is damaged. If you don’t need more yourself, buy your friends who like music generally a CD or something 😉

19 hours ago, Madonna Wannabee Collector said:

yeah week two will be the end of the album. especially with no promotion. 

So what, I don't think it was ever expected to chart this high - it's a compilation of remixes - it's as someone has said, something for the fans. 

It's also not like her new albums don't do the same- chart high first week - and then disappear.

Let's just all celebrate the fact we got something cool, 50 remixes, re mastered, many not available before on streaming and in various packages!

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
38 minutes ago, Prayer said:

That's the official UK store orders finally dispatched this week.

Shit. She could have been #2 (or even #1?) first week with the orders dispatched on release day as they should.

Would three weeks in the Top 20 be considered an achievement in itself? Albums seem to drop in and out like a yo-yo now. 

I don't see Steps or Aitch in the Top 40 midweeks 😏

1 hour ago, MatterCompressor said:

Would three weeks in the Top 20 be considered an achievement in itself? Albums seem to drop in and out like a yo-yo now. 

I don't see Steps or Aitch in the Top 40 midweeks 😏

Three weeks in the Top 20, let alone coming back into the Top 10, is a great achievement for her. She hasn't spent more than two weeks in the UK Top 20 since "MDNA" (4 weeks, quite good honestly).

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Three weeks in the Top 20, let alone coming back into the Top 10, is a great achievement for her. She hasn't spent more than two weeks in the UK Top 20 since "MDNA" (4 weeks, quite good honestly).

Totally! This is great for the album and promotion! #finallyenoughlove