proxy

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Anyone, we can't say "it's just a compilation, number 2 is very good": even Step's is a compilation! It's kinda humiliating for Madonna's legacy...

Yeah, I'm sure M is crying and screaming, ripping her hair off her head knowing a 50 tracks long compilation of old remixes launched with 0 good promo isn't smashing and is 2nd to a old band's GH who are getting huge payola to chart in the UK only

poc GIF

Seriously y'all, remixes albums just don't work in the charts and in sales, even worse for albums with more than the usual 8-16 tracks length, and this is already a lot, I literally expected FEL to be a fan cult with no impact lol. Let's move on and keep this negativity for M15 instead 💋 

Steps is giving away two digital albums for £8.00 (62 tracks total) + there's 16 variants available in their website, including signed copies, five collectable album covers, t-shirt bundles, cassettes, etc. Not to mention their collection includes two brand-new tracks and they are currently on a promotional media tour.

Madonna's digital album costs £16 (50 tracks) and she only has the 2-LP black vinyl for sale in her U.K store. CD's are already sold out and they refuse to produce more copies of the 6-LP set despite fans begging them to.

I would LOVE another U.K #1 album for Madonna but let's be realistic, neither Warner nor Madonna are actively working for it. If anything, this probably surpassed their expectations. If you have the chance to buy "Finally Enough Love" this week please do so but don't feel bad if it doesn't top the charts, a #2 debut is great given the circumstances.

#2 is great, I didn't expect it would do that well, any placement in the top5 or even top10 is great.

That said, I love how people here discredit the #1 because it's an "unknown" "local group" with multiple formats, but a #2 by the biggest selling female artist of all times and the biggest female star of all times is somehow a magnificent feat :laughing: Gotta love double standards

Steps were HUGE (Spice Girls level huge almost) in the UK in the late 90s/early 00s and are now a national treasure there - like Kylie, that type of classic pop figures loved by everyone there. But outside UK their success, even back in their prime, was VERY limited. They didn't need it really, to be honest, being so huge home.

A #2 is great for a remixes compilation but a #1 would be better!

bad girl madonna GIF

9 minutes ago, androiduser said:

it's the UK chart, no need for you to know. Just like, I dunno, Banda Eva didn't make it to the UK chart

@Luiz Ribeiro was just saying Steps didn't get to go to Brazil or be known there, that's it... Many other UK bands and artists do, it's not like there's only Portuguese music in Brazil. :Madonna003: In fact is one of the biggest stan countries in the world for international acts.

shes cursed in the UK charts to be a runner up now - she was beaten by sam smith for rebel heart, beaten by springsteen with madame x and now steps who are basically just a cheesy pop band who've not had any singles chart success for years. i serioulsy dont think she will be that bothered - she always says she doesnt pay attention to this sort of stuff and my opinion is the charts are just a mess now because of streaming ??? i can listen to an album all day long and how many times counts towards its chart placing ?? thats just ridiculous. it should be - if you buy an album or download it that should be it ... stupid if you ask me ...

36 minutes ago, Prayer said:

@Luiz Ribeiro was just saying Steps didn't get to go to Brazil or be known there, that's it... Many other UK bands and artists do, it's not like there's only Portuguese music in Brazil. :Madonna003: In fact is one of the biggest stan countries in the world for international acts.

gurrrrrl.... he said it to discredit the group and make their #1 less significant... it happens every time someone charts higher than Madonna, or wins and award or something like that... and then suddenly none of that matters... unless she's #1

8 minutes ago, androiduser said:

gurrrrrl.... he said it to discredit the group and make their #1 less significant... it happens every time someone charts higher than Madonna, or wins and award or something like that... and then suddenly none of that matters... unless she's #1

You're putting an intention and words in his mouth but he just didn't say any of that.

There are plenty of other posts of people asking who Steps are cause it's true no one but super pop fans of a certain age know them outside UK. That's not discrediting them, it's just the way it is.

44 minutes ago, Prayer said:

You're putting an intention and words in his mouth but he just didn't say any of that.

There are plenty of other posts of people asking who Steps are cause it's true no one but super pop fans of a certain age know them outside UK. That's not discrediting them, it's just the way it is.

it's the UK chart and their success on the said chart speaks volumes. Their status outside the UK does not matter for the UK chart.

Funny how charts are irrelevant to Madonna fans until battling for a #1 position comes into play. Even more funny that Steps is so irrelevant according to many here and yet the Queen of Pop is sitting at #2 for some unexplained reason🤔oh wait! Madonna is absolutely loathed by the general public. Just be happy she is in the top ten at all, FEL has done better than I thought it would, especially with the incompetent promotion.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic