The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

In the live conversation of the guys from the MLVC podcast they were saying that there is a supposed set list going around. I'm curious but of course it's hard to trust people about this kind of things. 

I have to admit that, differently from many other fans, I liked the usual insiders hints and leaks in the past. This time we did not have any clue and it was ok for the show but a part I missed in a way. 

For me this time the set list and the arrengements are the 50% of the whole thing.

2 minutes ago, stefo said:

In the live conversation of the guys from the MLVC podcast they were saying that there is a supposed set list going around. I'm curious but of course it's hard to trust people about this kind of things. 

I have to admit that, differently from many other fans, I liked the usual insiders hints and leaks in the past. This time we did not have any clue and it was ok for the show but a part I missed in a way. 

For me this time the set list and the arrengements are the 50% of the whole thing.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to see their latest live (happily it's still on their channel). I'm also curious about the setlist, hope I can find it. 🕵🏻

32 minutes ago, stefo said:

I must admit; I'm shocked how the setlist has still remained unknown? I know we've had some hints and there are some pretty obvious songs I think we can figure that will be on the 'setlist'.  I'll be curious how all this stays under wraps being she is postponing nearly four months of her dates.

I also don't believe Madonna is going to change the physicality to her performance.  I think she's pretty determined to show how physical she can be and this latest health scare will make her more determined to prove she's still able to dance her ass off. 

One thing about her ability to dance because of her age. I heard about how good the last Beyonce tour was and I went to see something on YT. Well, the show is great but she really doesn't make much when it comes to dancing. I mean real dancing, not just shaking and posing. It's not a crytical comment, it's her style and she does it perfectly, but it's not that much. I don't remember Kyle or Rihanna dancing much either. And of course there's Lady Gaga ... M will do her thing imo, she'll be OK.

1 hour ago, stefo said:

Are they talking about that setlist that was names from that Versace jacket she was wearing?

If so, that's not the setlist lol

21 minutes ago, stefo said:

One thing about her ability to dance because of her age. I heard about how good the last Beyonce tour was and I went to see something on YT. Well, the show is great but she really doesn't make much when it comes to dancing. I mean real dancing, not just shaking and posing. It's not a crytical comment, it's her style and she does it perfectly, but it's not that much. I don't remember Kyle or Rihanna dancing much either. And of course there's Lady Gaga ... M will do her thing imo, she'll be OK.

I know what you mean.  I never was into Beyonce, but Madonna has always that one artist you can count on for "dance music". I'm sure there are others  that came before her and after, but she still seems to remain true to dance music. For me, it's been Janet Jackson that has come cloe to matching Madonna when it come to dance music.  The difference between Madonna and Janet for me, is that Janet doesn't have a lot of songs that go beyond dance music. She has a few great non dance hits, but Madonna is more than just a dance artist.  Even though she may not be known for having the greatest vocals, Madonna still has this ability to sing and draw you in, even when hearing her live.  I never felt the same with a lot of other female artists from the 80's and beyond.  Surely there are better vocalist, but Madonna can emote and visually keep you entertained.  Other female artists rarely compare.  Not Beyonce, Kylie, Whitney, Britney, and so on.

17 minutes ago, tscott said:

I know what you mean.  I never was into Beyonce, but Madonna has always that one artist you can count on for "dance music". I'm sure there are others  that came before her and after, but she still seems to remain true to dance music. For me, it's been Janet Jackson that has come cloe to matching Madonna when it come to dance music.  The difference between Madonna and Janet for me, is that Janet doesn't have a lot of songs that go beyond dance music. She has a few great non dance hits, but Madonna is more than just a dance artist.  Even though she may not be known for having the greatest vocals, Madonna still has this ability to sing and draw you in, even when hearing her live.  I never felt the same with a lot of other female artists from the 80's and beyond.  Surely there are better vocalist, but Madonna can emote and visually keep you entertained.  Other female artists rarely compare.  Not Beyonce, Kylie, Whitney, Britney, and so on.

Well with my post I mostly wanted to say that the level of dancing wich is required today to make a great show among female pop artists is still approachable in terms of phisicality.

About the rest, I agree with you about Janet, she was the closest; for me the main things Janet lacked in comparison were charima and creativity. About the ability to captivate and communicate, M's absolutely one of the bests but others did that to me too, Whitney was unbelievable, Annie Lennox, Tina Turner.

40 minutes ago, stefo said:

There’s a strong rumor that Beyoncé had a foot surgery (I Don know what kind) and a knee problem and that’s keeping her from dancing as much as before. I haven’t seen previous tours but I’m seeing this one live. 

1 minute ago, dankpepe said:

I don't think Madonna needs to do cartwheels to put on a good show. Some of her most iconic performances involved very little dancing but exceptional stage presence

I absolutely agree, I'm the first supporter about her creating theatrical performances more than phisically energetic ones.

10 minutes ago, stefo said:

Well with my post I mostly wanted to say that the level of dancing wich is required today to make a great show among female pop artists is still approachable in terms of phisicality.

About the rest, I agree with you about Janet, she was the closest, for me the main things Janet lacked in comparison were charima and creativity, the ability to explore and grow. About the ability to captivate and communicate M's absolutely one of the bests but others did that to me too, Whitney was unbelievable, Annie Lennox, Tina Turner.

Yeah, I feel Janet was able to continue to captivate me and be creative up until or after the All For You album.  Even though, there was a lot of repititous music, styles and visuals by this point, she still was very interesting, but after that I lost interest.  I still love Janet and much of her music after, but I rarely go back to anything after All For you. 

Whitney was a great vocalist, but anymore than that she was a bore.  I also enjoyed Annie and Tine.  Tina is a legend and probably the closest I would compare to Madonna as Iconic.  Annie Lennox had a lot of great artistic moments.  I love when she went solo, but she eventually became a bit boring after awhile. I think a lot of it has to do with she really lost interest in being appealing.  She was definitely someone who wanted to be a respectable artist and I give her that, but noting past her 90's songs, really interest me.

5 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

I don't think Madonna needs to do cartwheels to put on a good show. Some of her most iconic performances involved very little dancing but exceptional stage presence

I absolutely agree with this.  She's already done it all, so her scaling back would actually be more interesting than trying to out do someone such as P!nk who I love, that is still very physical. 

5 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

There’s a strong rumor that Beyoncé had a foot surgery (I Don know what kind) and a knee problem and that’s keeping her from dancing as much as before. I haven’t seen previous tours but I’m seeing this one live. 

I saw her “I Am… Tour” live and she was unstoppable. A dancing machine, it was crazy.

She has definitely slow down on that level of intensity, but compensates it with a great level of production on her show.

2 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

I saw her “I Am… Tour” live and she was unstoppable. A dancing machine, it was crazy.

She has definitely slow down on that level of intensity, but compensates it with a great level of production on her show.

Yeah! I can’t wait for my show so excited the album is amazing 🤩 

7 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

I just watched something on YT and you're right. She was amazing.

I do respect her and  liked some of her songs but I never really followed her.

One thing that really bores me about these newer version of the Pop Diva...is they recycle the same old music to the same old dance routine. 

What I have always loved about Madonna is she never really used the same choreography for say "Vogue" each tour it was a little something new. 

Now years later, a fan like myself can appreciate a nostalgia version of a song because she hasn't regurgitated the same ol routine. 

One small credit to her that she is (and will always be) The Queen of Pop music.

13 minutes ago, stefo said:

I just watched something on YT and you're right. She was amazing.

I do respect her and  liked some of her songs but I never really followed her.

Me neither, but give it a chance with the reinassance album you might like it. That’s why I’m seeing her live for the first time. I’m so glad she’s doing the majority of the new album as Madonna does, because I would be lost if not 

13 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Me neither, but give it a chance with the reinassance album you might like it. That’s why I’m seeing her live for the first time. I’m so glad she’s doing the majority of the new album as Madonna does, because I would be lost if not 

Renaissance is an incredible album! Beyoncé is on fucking fire right now and I’m LOVING the respect she puts on Madonnas name. I remember way back on the Madonnalicious fan forum when Lady Gaga was starting and everyone was freaking out for some reason. That LG was ‘dethroning’ her. I remember I mentioned that the only person that would ever come close to icon status like Michael or Madonna was Beyoncé. I was right. She is the artist of this generation. I’m seeing her last show in Kansas City and cannot wait! This is not a Lady Gaga hate post. I live for the woman! 

11 hours ago, tscott said:

Maybe not? Since she had U.S. dates planned already in 2024 as well.  Possibly, if there are dates on any merchandise, it is not specific to regions and possibly just say "2023-24 Celebration World Tour".  I can't imagine them destroying merchandise over that being the tour still starts in 2023. 

You may not known this but for most tours there are shirts with dates and cities on the back 

1 minute ago, GregVsMatt said:

You may not known this but for most tours there are shirts with dates and cities on the back 

Oh, I'm aware of that.  But my point since the tour is still taking place in 2023 and it simply says "Celebration Tour 2023-24" even with the city's name on it, it may not be much of an issue.  But yeah, specific dates for specific cities that didn't occur could definitely be an issue.

2 hours ago, stefo said:

I absolutely agree, I'm the first supporter about her creating theatrical performances more than phisically energetic ones.

For example I loved what she did with Love spent, on the 2012 tour, very meaningful, expresive, heartbreaking and sensual at the same time, but it was not aerobical super exhausting or needed a very complex choreo really.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic