The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

Well, I spoke too soon. Ticketmaster resales are abysmally high for Oct 14th, but I said eff it and bought a single ticket anyways. :drama:Paid for itself with the Vancouver refund I'll be getting.
SO excited! Never been to London before! This is going to be such a special evening after everything that's happened.
Aww, yay! I hope you enjoy it over here

6 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Well, I spoke too soon. Ticketmaster resales are abysmally high for Oct 14th, but I said eff it and bought a single ticket anyways. :drama:Paid for itself with the Vancouver refund I'll be getting.

SO excited! Never been to London before! This is going to be such a special evening after everything that's happened.

I’m on the floor section B1 hope to see you there ❤️ 

I'm so glad she's back and I couldn't care less about who predicted this and that. What I am wondering about is how she is basically saying we'll have to wait til october for the tour to start... do you think this is a hint at the fact that Waiting will be on the setlist? :thinker: Keep the clues coming, queen!

1 hour ago, Markdonna said:

I’ll be curious to see how rescheduling works.  If we pick new US dates ourselves of if they are instead simply reassigned? 

You'll keep your ticket. When they reschedule the date for the city - your old ticket will work for the new date. Same seats - just a new date. It won't work for another city if that's what you mean. You won't have a new choice of cities to pick from.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

US dates are being updated to "TO BE RESCHEDULED" status NOW on madonna.com

https://www.madonna.com/tour

So that answers my question... U.S. leg will start in Brooklyn, NY!  All the U.S. dates for the second leg is kept, so they'll just reschedule July, August, Sept and Oct. North American dates sometime after the January dates. 

8 minutes ago, tscott said:

So that answers my question... U.S. leg will start in Brooklyn, NY!  All the U.S. dates for the second leg is kept, so they'll just reschedule July, August, Sept and Oct. North American dates sometime after the January dates. 

and fitting the new dates around the venues availibility as well

And official press release out now - no new dates yet.

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/the-celebration-tour-confirms-postponement-of-north-america-leg

THE CELEBRATION TOUR CONFIRMS POSTPONEMENT OF NORTH AMERICA LEG

Live Nation has confirmed that the first leg of The Celebration Tour in North America is unfortunately postponed. Rescheduled dates will be announced as soon as possible. Fans are encouraged to hold onto their tickets as they will be valid for the new dates once announced.

The tour is currently scheduled to kick off in Europe in October.

THE CELEBRATION TOUR NORTH AMERICAN 

Postponed Dates:

Sat Jul 15  Vancouver, BC     Rogers Arena
Tue Jul 18 Seattle, WA            Climate Pledge Arena
Wed Jul 19    Seattle, WA            Climate Pledge Arena
Sat Jul 22 Phoenix, AZ          Footprint Center
Tue Jul 25    Denver, CO            Ball Arena
Thu Jul 27    Tulsa, OK              BOK Center
Sun Jul 30    St. Paul, MN          Xcel Energy Center

Wed Aug 02 Cleveland, OH      Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
Sat Aug 05   Detroit, MI              Little Caesars Arena
Mon. Aug 07    Pittsburgh, PA  PPG Paints Arena
Wed Aug 09 Chicago, IL             United Center
Thu Aug 10   Chicago, IL             United Center
Sun Aug 13   Toronto, ON           Scotiabank Arena
Mon Aug 14  Toronto, ON          Scotiabank Arena
Sat Aug 19    Montreal, QC        Bell Centre
Sun Aug 20      Montreal, QC            Bell Centre
Wed Aug 23 New York, NY       Madison Square Garden
Thu Aug 24  New York, NY       Madison Square Garden
Sat Aug 26   New York, NY           Madison Square Garden
Sun Aug 27      New York, NY           Madison Square Garden
Wed Aug 30 Boston, MA           TD Garden
Thu Aug 31   Boston, MA            TD Garden

Sat Sep 02   Washington, DC   Capital One Arena
Tue Sep 05  Atlanta, GA             State Farm Arena
Thu Sep 07   Tampa, FL              Amalie Arena
Sat Sep 09   Miami, FL                Kaseya Center

Sun Sep 10   Miami, FL               Kaseya Center
Wed Sep 13  Houston, TX           Toyota Center
Thu Sep 14   Houston, TX             Toyota Center
Mon Sep 18  Dallas, TX               American Airlines Center
Tue Sep 19   Dallas, TX              American Airlines Center
Thu Sep 21   Austin, TX             Moody Center
Fri Sep 22     Austin, TX             Moody Center
Wed Sep 27 Los Angeles, CA   Crypto.com Arena
Thu Sep 28       Los Angeles, CA       Crypto.com Arena
Sat Sep 30   Los Angeles, CA      Crypto.com Arena

Sun Oct 01    Los Angeles, CA      Crypto.com Arena
Wed Oct 04  San Francisco, CA    Chase Center
Thu Oct 05   San Francisco, CA    Chase Center
Sat Oct 07    Las Vegas, NV      T-Mobile Arena
Sun Oct 08   Las Vegas, NV          T-Mobile Arena

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

And official press release with the new dates out now:

To be abundantly clear - there are no NEW DATES here. This is a list of shows which are currently postponed (July through October) and will (hopefully) eventually have new, rescheduled dates announced.

I have a theory and i hope I’m wrong as I have front row but I think the 14th Oct in London will get cancelled for logistical reasons, the reason I think this.

Blink 182 are there 11th and 12th October  which leaves her team to build the stage on 13th with no room for dress rehearsal or friends and family. We know she always does a friends and family before opening, I think 15th will become opening night. 

2 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I have a theory and I think the 14th Oct in London will get cancelled for logistical reasons, the reason I think this.

Blink 182 are there 11th and 12th October  which leaves her team to build the stage on 13th with no room for dress rehearsal or friends and family. We know she always does a friends and family before opening, I think 15th will become opening night. 

I doubt it will be a problem.  She'll being doing a few dress rehearsals prior to the date and can easily invite family and friends then.  It's not like this is a rescheduled show; the venue will be prepared to have her set up.  They would have only had that day to set up no matter what. Venues are capable of setting up very efficiently and quickly when needed.  

24 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I have a theory and i hope I’m wrong as I have front row but I think the 14th Oct in London will get cancelled for logistical reasons, the reason I think this.

Assuming Blink 182 loads out the night of the 12th ( I doubt they have a big set to move), Madonna's road crew can load in the morning of the 13th and still have time for a run-through that night.

You'd be surprised how quickly these shows can load in and load out. I'm consistently amazed to see major touring Broadway shows with video components, moving sets, complex audio, etc setup in a brand new venue in 8-10 hours and have a show that same night at 8pm. It's an impressive feat but pretty standard in touring entertainment. These touring sets/equipment are made to quickly load in and load out so that there aren't union labor overtime costs.

2 hours ago, DJ N A said:

To be abundantly clear - there are no NEW DATES here. This is a list of shows which are currently postponed (July through October) and will (hopefully) eventually have new, rescheduled dates announced.

My bad, I edited my post literally less than a minute after posting, but I guess you were quicker.

1 minute ago, lukash said:

no one said London is the opening night. 
the announcemeot is: „The tour is currently scheduled to kick off in Europe in October.”

True, but they are postponing North America only.

So, if the current plan remains, London is the first place she will visit in Europe in October, so the assumption is valid.

25 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Omg!!! We all definitely need a pre-show get together then :)

Me too please! I just paid astronomical amount for the London first show, single ticket, I was always arriving in London that morning, so now with the Vancouver and flight refund I'm still going to what I assume (at the moment) is the new opening night!!!:party:

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

I too have a ticket for London opening night, and also Sunday 15!

Not the best seat (section 110), but I bought it when nothing else was available.

@MattyMads @eXtremeOccident  @RebelHeart97

So happy for you @Enrico :heart:

This is really gonna be a unique one.

For all the rest of us, well, time to start this all over again but happier: 96 DAYS TO THE OPENING NIGHT!

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic