Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

23 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Agree - GP will recognize everything 80's and mostly 90's - where they'll tap out is the 00's as unfortunately she didn't really have any universally strong singles.

I think most of you underestimate the amount of people under 30 who will see this show. After the pandemic concerts became a collective experience and people LOVE to brag online about the shows they attend. Millennials and Centennials don’t remember Madonna “from the 80’s” at all. Most of my friends (GP for that matter) love Music, Confessions and even Hard Candy. 

4 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I wonder how casual fans made it through the Drowned World, MDNA and Madame X Tours without leaving halfway through the show! 😱

The setlists didn’t consist of 80% 80s classics! 

A lot of people left MDNA early at my show in Los Angeles, they were pissed off at the late start, and then realized it was short on hits, or that they were totally revamped i.e. Like a Virgin. Madonna even commented on the audience being jaded. Madame X a ton of people left early too. I didn't see any of that on Drowned World, but she had a much stronger reputation then and hadn't toured in 8 years. Despite that fact, I did hear people complain about lack of hits, even though they didn't leave. 

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Express Yourself had really boring renditions after 1993. It’s always the same Shep Pettibone remix. I would love to see something entirely new and surprising for that one but it’s seemingly not even on the setlist from what we know which is quite a surprise imo.

I always considered that song a 100% sure candidate and never would have expected Oh Father on the setlist. Instead, I thought she would rather pull out Cherish.

Let's hope we got correct and up-to-date information. I want Oh Father so badly

16 minutes ago, botella11 said:

I think most of you underestimate the amount of people under 30 who will see this show. After the pandemic concerts became a collective experience and people LOVE to brag online about the shows they attend. Millennials and Centennials don’t remember Madonna “from the 80’s” at all. Most of my friends (GP for that matter) love Music, Confessions and even Hard Candy. 

sorry by 00's I mean post 2010 - COAD, HC were HUGE 

3 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

The clips are gone now. Did anyone happen to record them? Or were y'all distracted talking about vaccines? 

I missed what was posted in this thread, but a member was kind enough to link me to La Isla Bonita, but you can't hear anything and the visual is through a small window of a door.  Here is the instagram link.  (Special thanks/shout out to @Vogueristawho sent me this link originally).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyT4QIbKtda/

4 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I wonder how casual fans made it through the Drowned World, MDNA and Madame X Tours without leaving halfway through the show! 😱

The setlists didn’t consist of 80% 80s classics! 

I know of a few ppl that left MDNA early and were angry about not just the setlist but her lateness, the violence, etc.

I attended the DWT and the audience was really into it.

I know generally that some people (mostly fans tbh) griped about it a bit, but most attendees seemed to embrace and enjoy it at the time. Don’t forget at least some of those new songs were hits, and she was still considered a very current artist. And of the creativity of the show seemed to be well received.

14 minutes ago, Lorx said:

Source? I'd like to know that

Again, I never made such claims about him. You'll have to find another member who is fixated on Pittman's personal ideology and/or beliefs.  I don't care what he thinks.  I can separate his personal beliefs from his great talent as a guitarist with Madonna.

7 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I know of a few ppl that left MDNA early and were angry about not just the setlist but her lateness, the violence, etc.

I attended the DWT and the audience was really into it.

I know generally that some people (mostly fans tbh) griped about it a bit, but most attendees seemed to embrace and enjoy it at the time. Don’t forget at least some of those new songs were hits, and she was still considered a very current artist. And of the creativity of the show seemed to be well received.

To me, these aren't very big fans if they left the show because they weren't happy with the set list or even bothered by her lateness.  Not that I really condone her lateness, but most average fans were aware of the lateness and they also know most of her tours, consist of the current album she's touring on. I mean it was called the MDNA tour??? What did they expect? Of course, it's going to be heavy with the latest album's songs or others released before hand that she hasn't toured on yet.