Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

40 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Other seemingly reliable insiders have confirmed NRM as opener. By the way, Drowned Madonna actually DIDN'T say NRM would be the opener, they just updated their Facebook photo to the first verse of song. Speakerphone member from PopJustice actually added this peculiar info, later featured also on a tabloid report.

Exactly. It’s the opening song. End of story. If you don’t like it, sell your ticket.

On 10/6/2023 at 8:22 PM, MPowered said:

Tabloids have been notorious for actually taking their info from forums.

Yes, I am aware that they only posted a verse, which is where my suspicion stems from. They never explicitly said that it was a setlist hint.

Those "insiders" have given rather unreliable info looking at HoneyLittle's list. I would definitely take it all with a grain of salt.

Well let's wait until the 14 Oct comes so.

You are right. Guess I'm just expecting hard. After being teased with such a choice of a song for setlist opener, got hung up on the possibility this is actually legit.

I wonder if when DM says the songs aren't in chronological order if they mean her "life story" won't be presented in chronological order. I think all the work she did for the biopic probably evolved into the creative process for this show. Fingers crossed that this is a good thing. Last time she worked on a movie project that didn't pan out, we got the Confessions album from it.

29 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Yes, I am aware that they only posted a verse, which is where my suspicion stems from. They never explicitly said that it was a setlist hint.

Those "insiders" have given rather unreliable info looking at HoneyLittle's list. I would definitely take it all with a grain of salt.

Definitely.

At the same time, while there is no proof that NRM will open the show, it's easily assumed it could be included on tour.  But as an opening?  Hmm?  Unless it's included as part of an opening interlude, I'll be shocked if it's the actual opening song.  I would think something more iconic or classic would start the show.

27 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Definitely.

At the same time, while there is no proof that NRM will open the show, it's easily assumed it could be included on tour.  But as an opening?  Hmm?  Unless it's included as part of an opening interlude, I'll be shocked if it's the actual opening song.  I would think something more iconic or classic would start the show.

I think exactly like you. It's a weird choice for an opener. People can tell me every insiders and reliable sources of the world have said it's the opener it doesn't change the fact i can't imagine that song being the opener. 

6 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I think exactly like you. It's a weird choice for an opener. People can tell me every insiders and reliable sources of the world have said it's the opener it doesn't change the fact i can't imagine that song being the opener. 

It's obvious some fans are so desperate for the song to appear in the setlist, they are open to any sort of inclusion even as an opening song.  I just can't imagine it opening thewhen the tour is about celebration her biggest hits of her career, and it wasn't really a huge hit for her. "Everybody" is far more understandable to open the tour since it was her first single and it was her first top five dance club song.

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

Exactly. It’s the opening song. End of story. If you don’t like it, sell your ticket.

The opening line definitely makes sense as the opening number of a biographical show, but it doesn't make much sense to start the show with a minor hit... in the grand scheme of things, NRM was a blip on the radar... we'll see... maybe it's just an opening video montage or something...

4 hours ago, scion said:

There's literally no comparison between a stadium and an arena. Lots of acts have done narrative based shows in arenas. Theatre productions have also been done in arenas. It's not that strange and it works.

Is this is the level of discourse in this place, that's not a forum its a few people telling others what's what and not really responding to the substance of a post.

A few, in Taylors words, need to calm down, your being too loud.

6 hours ago, dankpepe said:

I wonder if when DM says the songs aren't in chronological order if they mean her "life story" won't be presented in chronological order. I think all the work she did for the biopic probably evolved into the creative process for this show. Fingers crossed that this is a good thing. Last time she worked on a movie project that didn't pan out, we got the Confessions album from it.

They just mean the songs aren’t une chronological order but in order which fits the show which tells Madonna’s story and I think it makes sense 

5 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

From « today’s » point of view, I think the same but maybe it two weeks if NRM is indeed the opener maybe it will make sense, people will change their mind,  and everyone will tell « oh my good, it’s really a great opener, it fits perfectly, now I understand why she made this choice» 😅 You know what I mean ?

6 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Didn’t one of her dancers say the crowd would go wild from the first two notes? I highly doubt it’s NRM. Into the Groove is a safe bet. 

It can be. NRM’s beginning is really exciting and maybe he loves this song more than Into the grove. People speaks from their own point of view and personally each time I hear the first notes of Nothing really matters I go crazy 😝 

8 hours ago, MPowered said:

Believe me, It’s a set list hint. And her team used the Sun many times to leak info. 

7 hours ago, McDonna said:

It's obvious some fans are so desperate for the song to appear in the setlist, they are open to any sort of inclusion even as an opening song.  I just can't imagine it opening thewhen the tour is about celebration her biggest hits of her career, and it wasn't really a huge hit for her. "Everybody" is far more understandable to open the tour since it was her first single and it was her first top five dance club song.

She opened her first tour in 8 years with a ballad only released in Europe as a single.

Sometimes I fee some of you see Madonna as Kylie (and I love Kylie). 

1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

She opened her first tour in 8 years with a ballad only released in Europe as a single.

Sometimes I fee some of you see Madonna as Kylie (and I love Kylie). 

LOL, I am not even really that much of a fan of Kylie's, so your statement doesn't even apply to me.  One time Madonna opened her tour with a ballad.  But that isn't even what I was really arguing.  I was stating I don't believe she will open with NRM for this particular tour.

Anyway, we'll see in a couple weeks who guessed right.  For me, it's not a contest of who is right or wrong.  I'm just having a discussion of what I'm thinking will happen.  I totally admit I have no idea how she'll open this tour along with everyone else here.  It's only our best guess at this point.  Otherwise, it's wishful thinking. 

9 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Believe me, It’s a set list hint. And her team used the Sun many times to leak info. 

Just a verse of the song would be a bad joke. We have been waiting for NRM for 25 years 😅😂

I want the song in full. I don’t care if it’s the opening or not. And I dont’t care about the song she will song for the opening. I trust her, she will do the right choice.

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

LOL, I am not even really that much of a fan of Kylie's, so your statement doesn't even apply to me.  One time Madonna opened her tour with a ballad.  But that isn't even what I was really arguing.  I was stating I don't believe she will open with NRM for this particular tour.

Anyway, we'll see in a couple weeks who guessed right.  For me, it's not a contest of who is right or wrong.  I'm just having a discussion of what I'm thinking will happen.  I totally admit I have no idea how she'll open this tour along with everyone else here.  It's only our best guess at this point.  Otherwise, it's wishful thinking. 

Well for someone that think it’s not a contest of who’s wrong or right you said many times it’s pretty sure for you she will not open the show with that song 😂

1 minute ago, Sheridan1980 said:

Just a verse of the song would be a bad joke. We have been waiting for NRM for 25 years 😅😂

I want the song in full. I don’t care if it’s the opening or not. And I dont’t care about the song she will song for the opening. I trust her, she will do the right choice.

All I say is that for for a show that is NOT going to be the typical GH tour but more of a story about her, NRM is the PERFECT song. 

33 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Well for someone that think it’s not a contest of who’s wrong or right you said many times it’s pretty sure for you she will not open the show with that song 😂

Because I don't believe it will happen. It's my opinion.  But as the old adage says: "opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one". Sometimes I like to generously spread mine.  :ahh: