POPULAR

21 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Mike dean is awful producer sorry - M should ditch him in the same bin as kevin no tunes - i really hope hes not “remastering “ her 80s albums as they will sound crap just like the Gambler digital loudness mess release 😬🥲

There's zero evidence/proof that Mike Dean was the one behind the "Gambler" digital remaster, I don't think he was. Mike Dean officially remastered and was credited on:

- "Finally Enough Love" -> great job in general except for "Open Your Heart" and a couple more.

- "Everybody" 40th Anniversary 12'' Vinyl -> not credited on the digital 7'' edit version, I don't think that other one was him.

- "The Immaculate Collection" Dolby Atmos Mix

"True Blue 35th", "Gambler" and all the other single remasters must be just Rhino inner team and/or M's team. No one is officially credited on those for that role. They're not proper remasters but boosting and EQ.

Tip: when no official name is credited on a remaster, usually it's because it's the label inner team or an automatic/AI thing -> worth or better not to mention. If someone is paid to do it, like Mike Dean was on those three projects mentioned above, they're always credited.

Right, everyone. There are now 7 new versions of Popular to buy:

Sped Up (3:07)
Sped Up (Clean) (3:07) 
Slowed (4:18)
Slowed (Clean) (4:18)
A Cappella (3:35)
A Cappella (Clean) (3:35)
Instrumental (3:35)

I think if you buy them separately, not in the pack, they count individually instead of one sale. I'm sure someone in the know can tell me.

Get buying and streaming, I want this to make Top 10 in the UK this week :pray:

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic