Merch Pics

blondebenji

22 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I'm praying she has a pop-up shop in NYC when those dates roll around! But I assume it's more something only for opening week.

Almost Every act that does the O2 arena puts up a pop-up shop at that space. So I don’t think thI is an opening week only thing. As long as the venue can accommodate it.

23 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

WTF ??

Only ugly apparels. I guess those posted above are fakes of course but those on madonna.com are ugly too. And I don't want to buy cheap t-shirts.... A book yes !

No fucking tour book ? The only worth it thing ?

No time to make it ? No way... The tour starts 3 months late...

No idea about VIP tickets "gifts" yet ?

They're not fake, they are taken from the show videos, I don't remember in wich song exactly they're all on the screens, she approved them herself.

My verdict on the merch: very average. As mentioned no tour book, and I don't believe it is delayed as it should have been ready for the original opening dates. T-shirts are really average quality, such a shame for the retro tour t-shirts. I got the WTG tour T-shirt, the back t-shirt with her True Blue Face and the Rhinestone Confessions Style Hoodie. My favourite rip off item was a collection of 10 or so Maripol LAV wrist bands for GBP50.... not sure how many of those will be sold. All in all, I was a bit disappointed in the march, but the show more than made up for it.

My theory or speculation is that M deliberately picks all these ugly images for some artistic purpose. Surely it’s intentional. There may be irony or whatever it is behind the decision.

Whether it fits or works for the career-encompassing tour under the title, “Celebration”, I don’t know…

4 hours ago, Anonna said:

At the expense of prospective earnings from the sale of the program on the first night? Sounds like a strange assumption to me…

Adding to that, AFAIK the majority of concert programs don’t put a setlist for fear of spoiling concert-goers’ experience to begin with. I don’t have M’s tour books from previous tours at hand, though. Did any of them reveal the songs to be performed on stage beforehand?

Confessions and both rounds of Sticky & Sweet had the set lists printed in them.

After that, no.

2 hours ago, Celebration said:

Confessions and both rounds of Sticky & Sweet had the set lists printed in them.

After that, no.

Hi thanks.

That would rule out keeping the setlist secret from the public as the reason of the unavailability of the tour book on the opening night.

Wonder if it is sold in the merch today (I doubt it).

41 minutes ago, Anonna said:

Hi thanks.

That would rule out keeping the setlist secret from the public as the reason of the unavailability of the tour book on the opening night.

Wonder if it is sold in the merch today (I doubt it).

thats a bloody great point.  bet they start printing them now.  If we dont get a program, im sure there will be the VIP book that i hope looks like those lithograth sold at the pop up store.  the images look like works of art.  Would love to have a book of these of the her whole career

23 hours ago, Anonna said:

My theory or speculation is that M deliberately picks all these ugly images for some artistic purpose. Surely it’s intentional. There may be irony or whatever it is behind the decision.

Whether it fits or works for the career-encompassing tour under the title, “Celebration”, I don’t know…

She's in her 'later era Picasso' phase. The art of the ugly

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic