Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

This past week has played havoc with my mental health. Even though I've tried to distract myself from it, it's fair to say that I've been worrying constantly worrying about Madonna. The comments from Debi & Rosie have been encouraging, but it hasn't been enough. 

While I understand and appreciate that Madonna & her team have a lot on their plates at the moment, in terms of planning etc, so haven't said anything until there's something to say, the silence from their side has almost been unbearable. But obviously at the same time I wouldn't be expecting constant updates from them.

Even though really what we have heard this last week, i.e. that she's home resting, it's really difficult not to let your mind sometimes spiral into a worst case scenario mindset.

I hope we hear something soon, because this constant worry is very very tiring.

I could not care less about the gossip and whether or not Guy denies it, I am not even that fussed about getting health updates, sure if Madonna wants to provide them, I will lap it up, but it is her personal matter and I have no right to be getting any updates on her health condition. However, updates on the tour plans, especially for those who are planning to travel for the first few concerts would be nice! Clearly Vancouver is out, as we know there will be a new opening night and the event is not even on the venue's website, but the Celebration tour is front and centre being splashed across the Seattle venue, so is Seattle the new opening night?

I'm only going to Vancouver, so I am fine cancelling, but in my group some are also going to Seattle as well and everyone is stumped with what to do.....

6 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

How dare she take time for herself, rest and spend time focusing on her health after being in the hospital -- surrounded by her family. 

I think @DitaElectronicashared some of their mental struggles with us, and this is the worst time to post what you just did.

However, Dita, if this is how you really feel, this reflects badly on any psychiatrist or therapist you're currently engaged with. Ask them for extra help right now. 

I guess that if they make a statement, things need to be in place ideally. all needs to be set up for refund, new dates, new opening... but then again, things can happen and it would be best to be very clear at this moment what is definitely not going to happen (all concerts in july for example). i went to paris for mx, my concert got cancelled on the same day. it was ok, it visited friends, but - i really hope they do not do this again on a tour that is all about celebrating this unique artist. she deserves the best, obviously health first, but also her fans that want to celebrate with her deserve the best. fingers crossed for the best outcome on both sides!

11 minutes ago, Magick said:

I think @DitaElectronicashared some of their mental struggles with us, and this is the worst time to post what you just did.

However, Dita, if this is how you really feel, this reflects badly on any psychiatrist or therapist you're currently engaged with. Ask them for extra help right now. 

I don't think I'm alone in having spent the last week feeling worried or concerned. I'm sure there's many other fans who have felt the same. It's perfectly natural to worry.

15 minutes ago, Magick said:

Ok boo. 

At the risk of causing controversy, I’ve understood that it’s probably best that I personally take a step back right now from forum contributions. In frankness, at this stage I have a feeling that the reason we are not hearing anything about Madonna is because the circumstances of her health crisis are more complex. I’m happy that she is recovering, but I also think that tabloid “journalists” rarely make such serious claims without having some sort of verifiable source due to libel laws. 

I will gladly be wrong should that turn out to be the case.

I hope we can all find peace of mind during this period of time. It’s been difficult for everyone, but I have faith that Madonna will recover and get the support she needs. 

46 minutes ago, Mlvcfan said:

It's highly doubtful she was given narcan

Several doctors are saying that's unlikely

They’re not saying it’s unlikely she was given it, they’re saying narcan is not used to treat septic shock. It’s commonly used to treat an opioid overdose. I suspect the person who wrote this article knew all this. They basically say she she was given narcan “but we have no reason to believe she had an OD.” But a quick Google of narcan will tell anyone being given narcan means exactly that. So radar were being snakey there.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

They’re not saying it’s unlikely she was given it, they’re saying narcan is not used to treat septic shock. It’s commonly used to treat an opioid overdose. I suspect the person who wrote this article knew all this. They basically say she she was given narcan “but we have no reason to believe she had an OD.” But a quick Google of narcan will tell anyone being given narcan means exactly that. So radar were being snakey there.

But why would they say something like that? A lot of mystery!  

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic