MADONNA The First Album Reissue 7.27.23/The Madonna Infinity Breakdown Thread

RUADJAI

4 minutes ago, Angelo said:

Hair too long. In the picture after the hospital thing she has short hair and no ass at all

Her first and previous Instagram post after the incident a couple weeks ago, she has long hair.  And some fans just assumed by what she was wearing when standing out on the street, her ass was smaller when it wasn't.  It's not an old post! :Madonna032:

I mean... if they don't plan on doing anything for the 40th of her first album... I can't imagine ANYTHING similar to an Expanded Boxset will ever be released. Another 10 years??? Why even announce a partnership with Warner if all we were gonna get was a Remix album and Holographic Sleeves and a reprint of the Sex Book no one can afford.  

Sittin in this damn thread....

thinking about a friend of mine.....

she came out in 83.....

Nothing announced, but nows the time

To all of you out there....

who understand what Im talking about....

Dont give up. 

✊🏽

1 minute ago, HC Charge said:

Sorry, that was typo (I writing on my phone), I basically immediately edited my post.. But you noticed that asap :)

No problem. I'm just giving you a hard time. I know you are kidding around, but like the rest of us, frustrated about the Warner re-issues. I totally get you. I think we have to remember nothing was promised, no matter how much we hoped and hyped up the chance something could happen.  Maybe something will still happen after today, but I'm done defending the deal.  To me, today would be a perfect time to unveil the first expanded re-issue.  It's no wonder so many fans are becoming disappointed.  So many opportunities are passed up.  My only hope is that there is a grander plan unfolding in the near future.  Until then, I'm joining the ranks of the complainers.  LOL! 

Friday is new release day, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.  But yeah, Guy needs to give us some kind of update other than "things are being postponed".  I mean, it doesn't really take much energyor exertion on her end to announce the reissue of a 40 year old album.  

I remain firmly convinced that we are gonna get some kick ass reissues, but @tscottis right, it's getting tough to defend the longer we have to wait.  But I also think all the meltdown folks who think that they don't have something huge planned are deluded.  

1 minute ago, momosfantasy said:

Friday is new release day, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.  But yeah, Guy needs to give us some kind of update other than "things are being postponed".  I mean, it doesn't really take much energyor exertion on her end to announce the reissue of a 40 year old album.  

I remain firmly convinced that we are gonna get some kick ass reissues, but @tscottis right, it's getting tough to defend the longer we have to wait.  But I also think all the meltdown folks who think that they don't have something huge planned are deluded.  

Sadly nothing else is coming tomorrow, it's already Friday in NZ and other countries and nothing:

https://music.apple.com/nz/artist/madonna/20044

34 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Sadly nothing else is coming tomorrow, it's already Friday in NZ and other countries and nothing:

https://music.apple.com/nz/artist/madonna/20044

Yes, but when did they get news about the FEL release/pre-orders?  While I agree digital and streaming releases become live by midnight/12 a.m, depending on the region, but when there is announcement of a  new physical release, I feel it usually follows a certain U.S. time, usually eastern time.

But who the hell am I kidding?  I'm just holding on any shred of hope here.   We're getting...

60140639.jpg

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Yes, but when did they get news about the FEL release/pre-orders?  While I agree digital and streaming releases become live by midnight/12 a.m, depending on the region, but when there is announcement of a  new physical release, I feel it usually follows a certain U.S. time, usually eastern time.

But who the hell am I kidding?  I'm just holding on any shred of hope here.   We're getting...

60140639.jpg

There's nothing else coming at this moment/day/week/month. Big announcements and pre-orders don't get out on Fridays, cause they'd get lost in the middle of all new Friday releases, they're usually during the middle of the week. So we're done for this week. Only extra thing we could get would be a remastered video ("Lucky Star" or "Burning Up", or both), but I doubt it.

Our next best bet would be having an announcement around her birthday for a Fall release but honestly, I give up now. :Madonna003: If they want to release something at some point... well, we'll be here. Or not :Madonna009:

I'm not mad but they've really lost the most perfect occasion today. They won't get a timing more perfect for this. Even some news outlets were talking about the 40th anniversary today, it was free promo for a new 40th edition. But of course, nothing.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

There's nothing else coming at this moment/day/week/month. Big announcements and pre-orders don't get out on Fridays, cause they'd get lost in the middle of all new Friday releases, they're usually during the middle of the week. So we're done for this week. Only extra thing we could get would be a remastered video ("Lucky Star" or "Burning Up", or both), but I doubt it.

Our next best bet would be having an announcement around her birthday for a Fall release but honestly, I give up now. :Madonna003: If they want to release something at some point... well, we'll be here. Or not :Madonna009:

I'm not mad but they've really lost the most perfect occasion today. They won't get a timing more perfect for this. Even some news outlets were talking about the 40th anniversary today, it was free promo for a new 40th edition. But of course, nothing.

Stop crushing my dreams and hopes, dammit!  LOL! :laughing:

You're absolutely right though.  (So should I maybe hold out for hope next Tuesday or Wednesday?  :kiss2:) LOL!

Seriously though, you're on point regarding they "lost the most perfect occasion today".   Like you, I give up defending the Warner deal.  I'm sure the re-issues will happen eventually, but at this time we are just getting...

65576687.jpg 

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Stop crushing my dreams and hopes, dammit!  LOL! :laughing:

You're absolutely right though.  (So should I maybe hold out for hope next Tuesday or Wednesday?  :kiss2:) LOL!

Seriously though, you're on point regarding they "lost the most perfect occasion today".   Like you, I give up defending the Warner deal.  I'm sure the re-issues will happen eventually, but at this time we are just getting...

65576687.jpg 

It's sad, more than anything. She doesn't need the money of a reissue (it never hurts either) but the celebration (ahem) of her catalogue should be a priority on the Warner deal. And "Finally Enough Love" proved that, while the digital singles are great, is the big old album what really sells and has notoriety. 

"Madonna 40" should have been released tomorrow, on digital and lots of physical editions, end of story. What better timing than on the actual 40th anniversary of the debut. News are reporting about the anniversary, fans are interested, potential casual buyers would have been interested.

Of course a Fall release is OK too, but it's really not the same.