Show Cancelations (A Discussion)

Honey Little

Well @Fabiolousthis was what I just had in mind when stated I'm so pro to taping the earliest concerts possible, ofc this isn't just related to M's health, but there's a series of factors, depending on M or not (such as wars, weather issues, new pandemics, anyway, any scenario's possible in this chaos of a modern world), that can result in massive cancellations. That's also why I said "God forbids." (After all, this is whom M dedicated her AL album to, right? "Thanks for the Creator for always shining your Light in my direction...")

EDIT: Ofc I ain't being pessimistic, but realistic instead. "Be prudent like the snakes are," right?

5 shows were cancelled on the blond ambtion tour. 4 were in the US in June for a vocal cord infection (as seen in Truth or Dare) and one was for a Unions' strike and low ticket sales (may have been one of the rome shows)

The 5th October 1993 show on the girlie tour in Frankfurt, Germany was cancelled due to Technical difficulties

The June 5 and June 6th shows on the DWT were cancelled due to Technical problems and a show on August 3 for the same tour was cancelled due to illness

No cancelled shows for RIT and Confessions Tour

July 8 2009 S&S was cancelled, no reason given

July 19 2009 S&S was cancelled due to a stage collapse and people died

July 28 2009 was cancelled, again no reason given

August 20 2009 was cancelled due to low ticket sales

June 11 2012 in Zagreb, Crotia on the MDNA Tour was cancelled due to Scheduling conflicts

October 20 2012 in Dallas was cancelled due to Laryngitis

No cancelled shows on Rebel Heart Tour, some dates were moved due to scheduling conflicts though

Multiple dates cancelled on madame X due to Injury, one shw was cancelled for Production issues and one was 

cancelled for Scheduling limitations. Of course the last two shows in Paris were cancelled as a measure taken by the French government in face of COVID-19

5 dates on the celebration tour cancelled due to Scheduling conflicts

• RUADJAI changed the title to Show Cancelations (A Discussion)
8 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

5 shows were cancelled on the blond ambtion tour. 4 were in the US in June for a vocal cord infection (as seen in Truth or Dare) and one was for a Unions' strike and low ticket sales (may have been one of the rome shows)

The 5th October 1993 show on the girlie tour in Frankfurt, Germany was cancelled due to Technical difficulties

The June 5 and June 6th shows on the DWT were cancelled due to Technical problems and a show on August 3 for the same tour was cancelled due to illness

June 11 2012 in Zagreb, Crotia on the MDNA Tour was cancelled due to Scheduling conflicts

No cancelled shows on Rebel Heart Tour, some dates were moved due to scheduling conflicts though

Multiple dates cancelled on madame X due to Injury, one shw was cancelled for Production issues and one was 

cancelled for Scheduling limitations. Of course the last two shows in Paris were cancelled as a measure taken by the French government in face of COVID-19

Thank you so much for this breakdown! I really wanted people to remember that cancelations almost always happened. It wasn’t starting with Madame X. I really hope people remember to get fully refundable hotels and flights and not start buying up tickets for broadway shows and museum events around the time of their travel.

20 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

July 8th 2009 was cancelle due to her only selling 3000 tickets in the biggest indoor arena in Europe. They moved everyone who wanted to attend the night before directly over and refunded the rest. I'm surprised she is rehearsing now in that arena, her touring history with Manchester isn't exactly spectacular... sluggish sales 2004/9 and the angry speech in 2015 before leaving 20 minutes early.

30 minutes ago, scion said:

July 8th 2009 was cancelle due to her only selling 3000 tickets in the biggest indoor arena in Europe. They moved everyone who wanted to attend the night before directly over and refunded the rest. I'm surprised she is rehearsing now in that arena, her touring history with Manchester isn't exactly spectacular... sluggish sales 2004/9 and the angry speech in 2015 before leaving 20 minutes early.

Prior to the Machester date for Rebel Heart Tour, the video files for the show had become corrupted during soundcheck, resulting in a reboot of the whole system, which caused the show to begin late, resulting in the shortened set list.

Just now, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Prior to the Machester date for Rebel Heart Tour, the video files for the show had become corrupted during soundcheck, resulting in a reboot of the whole system, which caused the show to begin late, resulting in the shortened set list.

Yeah, 100% that is not true. It's the official story but I don't believe it personally. Conveniently of all the cities in the world the man who could fix it was in Manchester? I don't think so. She was only 15 minutes earlier in Glasgow a week later. What was the excuse then?