The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

definitely UP WITH HER VERY VERY BEST.

i can't even rank them. the tours are soooo diverse. celebration is for sure a milestone, not only because of the 40 years, but she really managed to give the format of 'greatest hits' the unique madonna twist. culturally very important for generations to follow.

Although BAT and WTG (and GS) probably remain my favourite, they are also the ones I didn't attend. Celebration tour is the one I enjoyed the most in person, maybe also because of the quality of seats and floor position.

But RHT holds a special place  because of the surprise songs, and it was very enjoyable to watch it live every night through Periscope with the other infinity members. It's the tour that brought me to this forum.

14 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Although BAT and WTG (and GS) probably remain my favourite, they are also the ones I didn't attend. Celebration tour is the one I enjoyed the most in person, maybe also because of the quality of seats and floor position.

But RHT holds a special place  because of the surprise songs, and it was very enjoyable to watch it live every night through Periscope with the other infinity members. It's the tour that brought me to this forum.

WTG is sooooo underrated... 

3 hours ago, sara94 said:

Agree. I remember the reactions of some fans when she announced the tour. A lot doubted her and were worried. Now we are at the point where the majority even wants to see her extending the tour.

Very true. It seems those anxieties have all disappeared. 

I think this tour might be my number 2 now. 

1. Confessions

2. Celebration

3. Reinvention

4. The Girlie Show

4 hours ago, sara94 said:

Agree. I remember the reactions of some fans when she announced the tour. A lot doubted her and were worried. Now we are at the point where the majority even wants to see her extending the tour.

Truth....

It look like is a hobby for someone to throw shit on M for everthing, always.....

4 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

My 3 Madonna tour

Sticky and sweet

Confessions

Mdna 

But its a crime to have out the blond ambition..... Sorry!!!!! Sorry BAT!!!!!

It's a crime to have Sticky and Sweet in your top 3 😅...

Nah just kidding buddy. Everybody has a different opinion and taste 🥰

31 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

Crazy nobody say the MDNA tour with a song like girl gone wild with that amazing performance and set.....

MDNA is amazing! With the lighting and screens and that shape shifting stage setup. That tour really took her shows to the next level that Rebel Heart and Madame X didn't really live up to. The only thing that holds back MDNA is the music itself. 

4 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

MDNA is amazing! With the lighting and screens and that shape shifting stage setup. That tour really took her shows to the next level that Rebel Heart and Madame X didn't really live up to. The only thing that holds back MDNA is the music itself. 

Well i love the album mdna and the tour..... Madonna who sing and dance in a set who resemble a church is epic......

This tour made me revisit Reinvention as a whole (Beast Within/ Vogue/ Bedtime Story are some of my top M moments ever). Since it was considered her first "Greatest Hits" tour by many. I'm curious if anyone else has gone back to that one and how they view it now. I think it's aged very well (with a few exceptions of course) and is such an interesting watch/companion to this tour exactly 20 years apart. 

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

It's a crime to have Sticky and Sweet in your top 3 😅...

Nah just kidding buddy. Everybody has a different opinion and taste 🥰

Top 3 

1.) Virgin Tour- it’s getting no love on these top 3 lists but it’s the OG. The vhs release cleaned up her onstage banter for the young fans and cut out a few songs ( borderline & angel) the set list alone from just two studio albums plus her contributions to soundtracks and seeing it in person was incredible. The Beastie Boys opening for her was hilarious. 

2.) Blond Ambition- the blueprint for her own tours and most pop concerts from 1990+. I just remember seeing  the opening EY live and thinking, “holy shit, she recreated the video”.

3.) Re-Invention Tour- The dark and intense Steven Klein opening video was an excellent use of screens , performing Vogue for the first time in 11 years and the rest of set list was incredible. 

Special mentions: Confessions was a seamless carnival ride, MDNA for its cinematic drama and Madame X for the intimacy and lack of phones though I would’ve loved a few pics of her from close up.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic