The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

17 minutes ago, missberic said:

I'm not disagreeing with you in the sense that it's a vicious cycle, but we all know she's had a lot of work done to get rid of wrinkles and make her face smoother, and if that translates to pictures that will make her look like a plastic doll, well, there's nothing we can do.

URGH! 

2 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well, according to Mike McKnight, yes, it was.

My wish was to You'll See to replace I Will Survive but honestly I don't see M doing justice to it like she did back in 2001. Shame she had to do a "Sophia's choice" for DWT DVD as both You'll See and Gone deserved immortalization.

Again, I get why she chose IWS since it's a much more known song and probably does not trigger her own memories back to Evita times and all their pressure to be "THE SINGER."

Totally agree!

26 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Was that even a song yet during that tour?

Mike McKnight confirmed it in an interview for Drownedmadonna back in 2005. :)

Just like Swim, Love Profusion (Headcleanr), Live To Tell, Dress You Up, I'm So Stupid were also rehearsed for Re-Invention Tour but were scrapped during various months of rehearsals.

26 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

Not really, it would be the same exact Rain performance, she would just walk to the cube thing and remove her cloak at the end for Bedtime Story and Ray of Light as they are now, then do whatever she rehearsed for Frozen which was supposed to be where Rain is now anyways

Yeah But the coat is brought to her after because the setting, video backdrop etc is for Frozen. She only change the song, everything else you can swap the songs and works the same. She is just there moving the cape to the fans like in Frozen.

For BS is when she appears with the costume change and walks towards the front stage. It's pretty powerful moment after the interlude. That's what I mean she can have a layer over the mirrored so we don't see it yet. Like the hoodies she wears before (like the GS) Walk with that ,singing Rain towards the cube, undress, drop the cape to a  side and she sits down and the cube goes up.

57 minutes ago, McDonna said:

The thing is; "I Will Survive" is an important part of her recent health crisis. I can't see that being replaced as it plays a huge role in her story.

It seems to me replacing any of these songs would disrupt the message/story she's trying to tell regarding her career, music and life.  Also, I cannot see her switching out Like A Prayer for Oh Father.  As much as we recognize the tour being "hits" beyond her songs, she just isn't going to eliminate one of her most biggest, successful and impactful songs for another that really isn't known but by the fan base. Not only that, people are expecting those big hits on this tour.  

I agree with everything you wrote. Just two things to clarify what I wrote.

I did not (GOD NO) was supposing to change LAP with OF, I was just thinking that the show would have had a longer religious segment adding even just a small part (a minute and a half) version of Oh Father after LAP. Not now of course, during the rehearsal process (it seems it was cut out, not sure where it was originally concieved to be anyway). Definitely not a good idea cutting out LAP from the show, I think it's awesome!

The second thing is quite interesting to me, because as the insiders told us I will survive is an excellent reference to what happened to her in July and yet the song was already in the setlist since last spring. Anyway, I was thinking just about adding a two, three minutes long acoustic rendition of one of her old tracks, maybe changing it night by night, like Secret, Rebel heart, I'll remember.

But yes, the show is pretty awesome and complete as it is, I agree and I shared my excitement many times about that :cute:

6 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

I mean, I can see some changes being made to the show down the line, but I don't think we should hold our breath for any song in particular.

Remember when Madonna rehearsed 'Devil Wouldn't Recognize You' during the Re-Invention Tour? :kiss2:

Oh yeah we certainly do and still waiting to know if a demo version of that supposed bluesy version really exists :smokey:

15 minutes ago, stefo said:

I agree with everything you wrote. Just two things to clarify what I wrote.

I did not (GOD NO) was supposing to change LAP with OF, I was just thinking that the show would have had a longer religious segment adding even just a small part (a minute and a half) version of Oh Father after LAP. Not now of course, during the rehearsal process (it seems it was cut out, not sure where it was originally concieved to be anyway). Definitely not a good idea cutting out LAP from the show, I think it's awesome!

The second thing is quite interesting to me, because as the insiders told us I will survive is an excellent reference to what happened to her in July and yet the song was already in the setlist since last spring. Anyway, I was thinking just about adding a two, three minutes long acoustic rendition of one of her old tracks, maybe changing it night by night, like Secret, Rebel heart, I'll remember.

But yes, the show is pretty awesome and complete as it is, I agree and I shared my excitement many times about that :cute:

Thanks for further explaining. I see your point on the religious section. And I have no objections to adding Oh Father to that section as you described. 

I suspect the whole idea with "I Will Survive" is that it probably took a whole new meaning to her life, career and for the show after the health crisis.  If it is true it was already part of the set list prior to her health crisis, then I find it a bit eerie in a way.  It just shows how coincidences happen.  At the same time, the song also tells a story or sends a message how over the  years, no matter what limitations, struggles and backlashes she's had, she still survives. 

I do find it really interesting if the song was part of the set list all along.  Weird how things like that happen.  Then again, people having health issues especially around her age is quite common, so that is why I think it is an incredible coincidence how that song was there all along and then she had the health issue. :)

• Donna changed the title to It's Time!! Let's Celebrate: Celebration Tour Discussion (Spoilers Welcome!)
On 10/18/2023 at 11:49 PM, DiegoLCL said:

To be fair to Rachelle, I don't think you would be able to hear her there over the loud sound of the arena. She paid for the ticket and seemed to be the only one having fun besides Madonna and was kind enough to livestream it for us grumpy bitches to complain about things. :Madonna009:

The show was great today, Madonna is getting better and better, 2 more weeks and this woman will be defying space and time.

I was next to her in the pit that night. She wasnt that loud to be honest. There were however far more annoying, drunk, loud people in there, ruining it for everyone else!!!

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)