The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

I would just love her to do the ending like she first intended it but I don’t t think she will. I think she’s plain tuckered out by the end and that’s why it just stops. It’s kind of ‘Bitch I’m Madonna’ funny too as she’s never ended a show like that(which is so like her). Everyone is like “WHA???” and the bitching begins. I love it. 😂😂😂

27 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I would just love her to do the ending like she first intended it but I don’t t think she will. I think she’s plain tuckered out by the end and that’s why it just stops. It’s kind of ‘Bitch I’m Madonna’ funny too as she’s never ended a show like that(which is so like her). Everyone is like “WHA???” and the bitching begins. I love it. 😂😂😂

I personally think what we see is how she intended it. I'm sure there were other ideas before they finally came to this. I agree the ending isn't your typical blow you out of the water ending, and maybe that's intention in the way you describe it since it's not a typical ways she exits the stage.  But I do think for what the journey she's sharing here, Bitch, I'm Madonna is most definitely how she wanted to send us off with, it's the epitome of who she is... possibly, she could have just only ended with that song, with more of a punch to the performance and her exiting the stage in some dramtic way, yelling, "Bitch, I'm Madonna!!!!"

50 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

How do you think she first intended it?

33 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I remember @Dazedmadonnaposting on  it but I can’t remember everything he wrote? 

Yes, he spilled the beans on supposed ideas and what have may have been kicked around and even rehearsed,  but no one really can confirm there was anything intentionally significantly different to what we are seeing now in the show. :)

45 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I loved the ending. Perhaps it is not as epic as past tours but it’s the perfect song and celebration of her career.

Both Rebel Heart and Madame X were much weaker closing performances imo.

My theory about the ending and why she's not properly saying goodbye to the audience is that its a metaphor for her not being finished with her career. Perhaps i'm wrong but it seemed like this when saw this live

16 minutes ago, sara94 said:

My theory about the ending and why she's not properly saying goodbye to the audience is that its a metaphor for her not being finished with her career. Perhaps i'm wrong but it seemed like this when in my eyes. 

I don't think you are wrong, but I think some are expecting too much or not comprehending the point of the show, and wanting a set-list to fulfill their personal preferences.  At the end of the day, she is the artist and no matter what was originally rehearsed, doesn't mean that it was intended, etc. I am sure even Madonna knows as much as she wants to perform and share, it's not always possible to do everything some fans expect. I don't believe for a second, she's purposely trying to disappoint any fans, but an artist with a huge catalog as she has, it's hardly to please everyone. :luv:

7 hours ago, McDonna said:

I agree the bridge?  I'm like, how can that be left out?  One of the best things abotu the song.  My guess it's a combination of things, but mostly due to keeping the songs short enough, so she can include as many songs as she did in the show.  Let's face it, many of the songs are abridged versions anyway.

I completely get that. The thing that puzzles me is the full versions of songs versus the abridged versions. A few classics deserved a full song. Vogue, Like a prayer, Rain. But while I think that, I very much appreciate how much she fit into the tour. I’m not bitter, it’s just something that’s so wonderful about longing for more. But we did get some really great gems. Nothing really matters, Bad girl. A few other gems have been skipped but lord have mercy I’ll bite my tongue on those LOL

16 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I completely get that. The thing that puzzles me is the full versions of songs versus the abridged versions. A few classics deserved a full song. Vogue, Like a prayer, Rain. But while I think that, I very much appreciate how much she fit into the tour. I’m not bitter, it’s just something that’s so wonderful about longing for more. But we did get some really great gems. Nothing really matters, Bad girl. A few other gems have been skipped but lord have mercy I’ll bite my tongue on those LOL

Personally, I am not in love with the versions performed on this tour, but I get why they chose an abridged version of many of the songs.  While it will never be suitable to every fan, I'm sure she knew for this tour she needed to perform as many songs as possible, in a timely manner.  I think in most cases she did just fine, but unfortunately, it's hard to suite all fans being she has a massive  and diverse fan base. Let's just be honest, no matter how perfect she makes it, some fan will find fault in it.  At the end of the day, I respect the artist choice. It's her tour choice in how the tour unfolds. Some will argue she should perform specific songs that will interest the general public, but then we have a group of fans who prefer more deeper cuts. So it's a matter of balancing out the hits with the fan's favorites. Still, It will never satisfy everyone.  At the end of the day, we have to decide what she performs is going to help sell the tickets.  With Madonna, it's no secret she doesn't play by the rules. She likes to mix it up!  She's going to perform what she wants.  Whether some  of us like it or not, she's managed 40 years of success under her belt.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

The staging and stabs of LUV Madonna and then moving into a Celebration and a few lines from Music makes Bitch I'm Madonna just about bearable, its such a load of crap that song but is kind of fun how he performs it and does make sense with the narrative of the tour and Stuart Price seems to be able to make it a bit punchier than when we heard it on the Rebel Heart tour 

Just think the end section would benefit from something more maybe one more song but no idea what would work maybe Who's That Girl

2 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

The staging and stabs of LUV Madonna and then moving into a Celebration and a few lines from Music makes Bitch I'm Madonna just about bearable, its such a load of crap that song but is kind of fun how he performs it and does make sense with the narrative of the tour and Stuart Price seems to be able to make it a bit punchier than when we heard it on the Rebel Heart tour 

Just think the end section would benefit from something more maybe one more song but no idea what would work maybe Who's That Girl

Music of course 

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Someone on Twitter posted that they got an email to say the January 8, 2024 show (first show after the break) has been postponed but Ticketmaster hasn't been updated to advise the same, possibly due to the holidays

In M extending her christmas break?

GCiZEQGXwAAXMF4?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, sara94 said:

If true, i fear its bc of her dads health 

1 hour ago, Crazy For M said:
1 hour ago, sara94 said:
If true, i fear its bc of her dads health 

Thought the same thing. I hope I'm wrong though

10 minutes ago, DontTemptMe26 said:

Ticketmaster now stating that Boston is in fact Postponed. 

8 minutes ago, DontTemptMe26 said:

Click the event and then the info tab

Hope everything is fine... 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic