The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Even if true Swift will overtake her soon enough. The money made from touring now is just so much bigger than it was in the 80’s or 90’s.

The only way Madonna could top that kind of list again would be to stay on the road like Elton John for several years. I’m not sure she’d want to do that.

5 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I think it's still Taylor Swift

Well, there's going to be a bit of a complication with this. 

While yes we do know based upon the industry trades who track it that The Eras Tour's US leg earned a little north of $1 billion, that figure, nor the final overall figure, is not going to be officially confirmed. Ever. Taylor's team announced quite awhile ago that they do not intend to report the box scores for The Eras Tour. All we know about its earnings comes from the trades. It is likely they're correct, or at least close, but it is at the end of the day still something of an estimation that will never be confirmed. 

The reality is yes Taylor will become the highest grossing female touring artist of all time, but we'll never actually see the real number breakdown. 

38 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Well, it's in their twitter, but i have no idea if that account is official or something.. Is this account something to be taken serious or?

Yes they are to be taken seriously. They're a very real, reputable source that has real, verifiable access to touring figures. 

I am subscribed to their Patron account and they have access not just to earnings, but to individual ticket counts for every show of every tour that they track, including The Celebration Tour. I can get on right now and see exactly how many tickets are sold and left for every remaining show of the tour. 

What they're saying is not incorrect. It's just that they do not know Taylor Swift's actual figures, and as I said in my post above, they never will because those figures are not going to be reported. They'll be able to use estimation to officially declare Taylor the highest grossing female live act once the tour is over just as they're able to estimate the earnings of The Eras Tour's US legs, but they won't be able to ever get concrete numbers. 

The first leg of The Eras Tour earned just north of $1 billion. Adding in all of Taylor's previous tours to that, she's probably just a tad bit under M's $1.6 billion. Madonna's tour will finish before Taylor's current leg does so that lead will be extended, but once this leg of Taylor's tour is complete and the official estimations come out, then yes i imagine Taylor will move past M's lifetime gross. 

These records are nice, but mostly for egos and stan wars. Madonna's contributions to live performance art is immense and could never be erased or forgotten. She has basically created the blueprint for every concert since 1990. This could never be overtaken, because it doesn't depend on inflation, ticketmaster policies or all kinds of schemes on getting ridiculous amounts of money from the fans. If Madonna cared about this, she could have been doing only stadium tours, without such complicated staging. And she wouldn't have done Madame X where she played such small venues. I hope she continues adding to these number for many years to come, not because of the record, but because she loves performing. And we love watching her do it.

8 minutes ago, fmportela said:

who cares who's the biggest, this shit is so dumb. Makes absolutely no difference in anyone's lives, not even Madonna's. I'm sure she's happy with what she has achieved, whether she's the "biggest" or "richest"...

Someone with a brain

thanks to heaven 💪🏾🍆

2 hours ago, Future Lover said:

Yes they are to be taken seriously. They're a very real, reputable source that has real, verifiable access to touring figures. 

I am subscribed to their Patron account and they have access not just to earnings, but to individual ticket counts for every show of every tour that they track, including The Celebration Tour. I can get on right now and see exactly how many tickets are sold and left for every remaining show of the tour. 

What they're saying is not incorrect. It's just that they do not know Taylor Swift's actual figures, and as I said in my post above, they never will because those figures are not going to be reported. They'll be able to use estimation to officially declare Taylor the highest grossing female live act once the tour is over just as they're able to estimate the earnings of The Eras Tour's US legs, but they won't be able to ever get concrete numbers. 

The first leg of The Eras Tour earned just north of $1 billion. Adding in all of Taylor's previous tours to that, she's probably just a tad bit under M's $1.6 billion. Madonna's tour will finish before Taylor's current leg does so that lead will be extended, but once this leg of Taylor's tour is complete and the official estimations come out, then yes i imagine Taylor will move past M's lifetime gross. 

The tittle 'Eras Tour' always reminded me about some kind of laxative product. 

3 hours ago, Future Lover said:

Well, there's going to be a bit of a complication with this. 

While yes we do know based upon the industry trades who track it that The Eras Tour's US leg earned a little north of $1 billion, that figure, nor the final overall figure, is not going to be officially confirmed. Ever. Taylor's team announced quite awhile ago that they do not intend to report the box scores for The Eras Tour. All we know about its earnings comes from the trades. It is likely they're correct, or at least close, but it is at the end of the day still something of an estimation that will never be confirmed. 

The reality is yes Taylor will become the highest grossing female touring artist of all time, but we'll never actually see the real number breakdown. 

Why would they not release them? That is rather interesting,

I saw pics from the Aussie shows and the floor area did not look full at all which was strange because it was claimed they’d sold 96,000 tickets per show.

It's like eurovision all over again in the dutch media on Facebook. Every comment on facebook is negative, EVERY comment is saying she's lipsyncing 🧐... Do they even watch the video? She even messes up the lyrics later on and after that got back on track. Are they just dumb? Or delusional? Or haters... They really only see what their eyes wants to see. Only a deaf delusional human being must say those things... And not one comment who stick up for her..

11 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

It's like eurovision all over again in the dutch media on Facebook. Every comment on facebook is negative, EVERY comment is saying she's lipsyncing 🧐... Do they even watch the video? She even messes up the lyrics later on and after that got back on track. Are they just dumb? Or delusional? Or haters... They really only see what their eyes wants to see. Only a deaf delusional human being must say those things... And not one comment who stick up for her..

The problem with us as fans is that we don't participate into it. We are not vocal as other fanbases. I don't know if it's because we are older, or we took for granted her tittle as 'queen of pop', but it's a thing that always surprises me... It's like if we are ashamed to admit that she is cool, big, or has a beautiful voice. There's is always a 'but'...  and I don't see ourselves commenting on her side. 

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

The problem with us as fans is that we don't participate into it. We are not vocal as other fanbases. I don't know if it's because we are older, or we took for granted her tittle as 'queen of pop', but it's a thing that always surprises me... It's like if we are ashamed to admit that she is cool, big, or has a beautiful voice. There's is always a 'but'...  and I don't see ourselves commenting on her side. 

Not me 😂 im online fighting with everyone 😅... But i have to quite now because they are really dumb and its a waste of time...

3 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Well they expect the biggest female singer on earth to actually sing, like adele or ariana grande does, instead of singing along to backgroundvocals. Thats probably what they they see. I showed the video to my mother and she also said „oh its playback“. 

In Italy the strange thing is that news wich don't usually talk about showbusiness are talking about this accident, for the rest they are kind and PROFESSIONAL in the way they report it. The point is, when it comes to gossip and trash it's surely a news to share and talk about, but in the news it's really really odd imo :Madonna009:

1 hour ago, WopaelWopael said:

Well they expect the biggest female singer on earth to actually sing, like adele or ariana grande does, instead of singing along to backgroundvocals. Thats probably what they they see. I showed the video to my mother and she also said „oh its playback“. 

Bullshit 😅... Every artist sings along to background vocals. Thats the background vocalists job, but since there are no background vocalists she has to use them on tape. Its still the same. In both ways the artist sings live to vocals running in the back. And it's not like she can't be heard. She even fucks up lyrics later on, if they can't hear that they really need to see an ear doctor...

2 hours ago, sara94 said:

The German media praises her professionalism and the way she just kept going like nothing happened. I'm amazed by their kindness when it comes to her. Germany really loves her and you know that must really mean something cause germans are usually so uptight and love to gripe. 

1 hour ago, stefo said:

In Italy the strange thing is that news wich don't usually talk about showbusiness are talking about this accident, for the rest they are kind and PROFESSIONAL in the way they report it. The point is, when it comes to gossip and trash it's surely a news to share and talk about, but in the news it's really really odd imo :Madonna009:

It anoys me that 99% of the comments on Facebook saying she's lipsyncing when it's clearly not. It's like they didn't even watch the video.  If she was really lipsyncing and people would comment like that i wouldn't care. But this anoys me. 

5 minutes ago, Queen hearts said:

Thank you for sharing :hearteyes:

After reading the most recent comments in here this morning, I wanna buy a parakeet and name him "Baldwin."

His most popular responses would be:

"Artists are here to disturb the peace!" <- for obvious reasons

"She's not Madonna." <--- whenever there is any mention of this one's tour revenue or that one's whatever

"Bitch I'm Madonna." <--- because he knows.

xoxoxxx

:08:

2 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Bullshit 😅... Every artist sings along to background vocals. Thats the background vocalists job, but since there are no background vocalists she has to use them on tape. Its still the same. In both ways the artist sings live to vocals running in the back. And it's not like she can't be heard. She even fucks up lyrics later on, if they can't hear that they really need to see an ear doctor...

I don't know much about Adele live but even Ariana, Gaga, Beyonce, etc. have used their own backing studio vocal tracks on tour; a lot of it has to do with recreating the stacked vocal studio sound, overlapping lyrics, being able to do live vocal runs over choruses etc. They can obviously sing well enough live ; they're just giving the people what they want.

25 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

I don't know much about Adele live but even Ariana, Gaga, Beyonce, etc. have used their own backing studio vocal tracks on tour; a lot of it has to do with recreating the stacked vocal studio sound, overlapping lyrics, being able to do live vocal runs over choruses etc. They can obviously sing well enough live ; they're just giving the people what they want.

The question is how loud are those backup vocals going to be? I think in general Madonnas mic is just not as loud as it could be. Compared to ariana or adele or beyonce. Their live vocals can be heard easily. And of course they are great vocalist and madonna is more of a performer blabla but at the end we shouldnt go crazy when the GP doesnt recognices that she acutally sings live.