The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 hour ago, Rebel Hugo said:

She sung Take a Bow last night...

I thought she started pretty strong I'm gonna say it's not as bad as I expected at all. The pre chorus is pretty poor. I've always hoped she would resurrect You'll See but this makes me glad she hasn't. 

This is the best I've heard of Take a Bow on this tour... 'I cannot stay' is Eurovision bad, that's probably autotune not being able to work it's magic. 

I actually admire her for trying at this stage of her career to sing this.

5 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Your personal attack of me says more about you than me though.

If you're not having a good time here as evidenced by many of your posts, where you come across as a unnecessarily rude, bitter, nasty person, it might be time for you to take a break. If you're generally as unhappy as you appear in your posts, online disagreements or attacks cannot be good for your well being. Try to find some happiness somewhere. 

It's exhausting seeing that person's posts here... Randomly attacking and praising random users out of nowhere. sigh sigh

36 minutes ago, Ekans said:

It's exhausting seeing that person's posts here... Randomly attacking and praising random users out of nowhere. sigh sigh

The best thing is to report them and ignore!  Engaging with them only creates more drama!  No one wants that here! :)

13 hours ago, Anapausis said:

AND CANDY SHOP AND HEARTBEAT!!!

Don't mean to disappoint you

I never felt so free

If you could stand on my shoes

Then you'd feel my heartbeat too...

And Gang Bang too!!!

Now drive bitch
I said drive bitch
And while you're at it, die bitch
That's right drive bitch

Now if you're gonna act like a bitch
Then you're gonna die like a bitch!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, scion said:

I've always hoped she would resurrect You'll See but this makes me glad she hasn't. 

I don't know... I feel like she could really slay You'll See. It's a bit in her higher register, which is somewhat stronger in the beginning of the show but by the time TAB comes it does seem a little difficult for her vocally. Bad Girl is kind of akin to You'll see I think, so I would like to hear her give it a shot. 

18 hours ago, MikeyK said:

Has she ever sounded great singing Take A Bow though? I feel like she’s always been pitchy and inconsistent on it. Even that old AMA performance.

Maybe I haven’t watched enough RHT performances but what I remember watching I wasn't impressed with.

She essentially ruined TAB. She wasn't particularly great even at RHT (though the backup singers provided significant assistance), especially the first time she attempted it, where she did the entire song in the original key and with the bridge, but in subsequent performances, she omitted the bridge and lowered the key... Nonetheless, it wasn't terrible; it was somewhat decent at RHT.

The AMA performance was shaky and I think she was nervous, but overall good! I'd almost rank it among Madonna's best performances.

However, here, she misses nearly every note from start to finish and sounds completely tone-deaf. I find myself wondering how it's possible to be so off-key, as in, if you randomly picked 10 people on the street, 6/7 would likely sing more in tune than her in this song.

Rain and Frozen had many cues, but they were much more acceptable.

I would be pleased if Madonna performed You'll See/TPOG, but in this way: if she went into the studio even the day before the performance, recorded the track in about an hour, attempting to correct the biggest mistakes, and then lip-synced it the day after. A lip-sync that appears live. Honestly, I would prefer that; we would still have something new and not overly polished.

33 minutes ago, Lorx said:

She essentially ruined TAB. She wasn't particularly great even at RHT (though the backup singers provided significant assistance), especially the first time she attempted it, where she did the entire song in the original key and with the bridge, but in subsequent performances, she omitted the bridge and lowered the key... Nonetheless, it wasn't terrible; it was somewhat decent at RHT.

The AMA performance was shaky and I think she was nervous, but overall good! I'd almost rank it among Madonna's best performances.

However, here, she misses nearly every note from start to finish and sounds completely tone-deaf. I find myself wondering how it's possible to be so off-key, as in, if you randomly picked 10 people on the street, 6/7 would likely sing more in tune than her in this song.

Rain and Frozen had many cues, but they were much more acceptable.

I would be pleased if Madonna performed You'll See/TPOG, but in this way: if she went into the studio even the day before the performance, recorded the track in about an hour, attempting to correct the biggest mistakes, and then lip-synced it the day after. A lip-sync that appears live. Honestly, I would prefer that; we would still have something new and not overly polished.

Whre can I find the Rebel Heart Tour version with the bridge ? 

14 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

Whre can I find the Rebel Heart Tour version with the bridge ? 

It's not wow, but I remembered it being worse. Not that bad actually, even though there are some bad mistakes.

It's immensely better, even though she seemed to strain a bit, compared to how she does it now in the Celebration Tour.

It worked better at a slightly lower key in the higher parts like "one lonely star", but maybe I prefer this one because it's the complete song. The only time she performed it in full, besides the one at the AMAs.

And here, even though she strains a bit, it's clear that with some practice, she could improve it in the original key. She could reach that notes.

Audio here isn't the best, though. Unfortunately, many YouTube videos of the first performance don't have audio, as it has been removed due to copyright.

43 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I wondering with all these instructions she has in ear piece, where to stand what lyric is coming next maybe somehow hinders her more than helps, she appears to be concentrating more on them and then how she sounds? 

Possibly. However, as there's no live band, she's more likely to be getting the backing track with some sort of guide vocals sent to her in-ears (be they backing vox or the lead melody line), so there's really no excuse for being soooo off key. 

1 hour ago, Lorx said:

It's not wow, but I remembered it being worse. Not that bad actually, even though there are some bad mistakes.

It's immensely better, even though she seemed to strain a bit, compared to how she does it now in the Celebration Tour.

It worked better at a slightly lower key in the higher parts like "one lonely star", but maybe I prefer this one because it's the complete song. The only time she performed it in full, besides the one at the AMAs.

And here, even though she strains a bit, it's clear that with some practice, she could improve it in the original key. She could reach that notes.

Audio here isn't the best, though. Unfortunately, many YouTube videos of the first performance don't have audio, as it has been removed due to copyright.

Oh My God it's amazing with the full bridge, I absolutely love it:heart:

In 1994 into 1995 when it was released and got airplay, majority of the public response and critical response for Take A Bow was favorable. At the time, that hadn't happened since pre-Sex/Erotica. 

It was like Madonna on her best-Babyface-behavior. It shut up a lot of record company execs and assorted naysayers. Impressive as her voice was on the record, she took it further and trained professionally in preparation for Evita soon after. She knows how to use her voice and doesn't take it for granted. It's laughable when people act like she can't carry a tune. She knows how to sing and care for her voice.

💯 Professional.

In 2024, she will sing it how she sings it. She has her reasons.

:Madonna003:

2 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

I love her but... that someone this far into her career as a performer should be so unbothered by pitch is crazy to me. She sounds like a drunk karaoke singer in a bar on those recent videos. Sigh. Go back to Rain please....

Oh yes, I love her but honestly she really sounds tone-deaf, like a drunk karaoke singer. If she didn't have the prerecorded vocals underneath and no microphone effects, it would be even worse.

Someone should tell her, or she should lip sync it.

Compared to the RHT, her voice is incomparable in the same song, it's significantly worse.

Rain wasn't perfect, but she definitely sang it much better. Go back to Rain 🥺

I forgive her for everything, but it saddens me (understandably) to see her bullied on the internet for performances like these 😭😢

2 hours ago, MattyMads said:

I wondering with all these instructions she has in ear piece, where to stand what lyric is coming next maybe somehow hinders her more than helps, she appears to be concentrating more on them and then how she sounds? 

I also think that having a prompter in your ear while singing is a nightmare. I would never be able to sing like that; if someone were to talk to me in my ear while I'm singing, I'd probably make mistakes and never fully immerse myself in the song and performance.

1 minute ago, DickTracy said:

This song is over say goodbye.

If she really wanted to piss people off she should've done TAB as an encore after Bitch I'm Madonna like fuck you guys cya later say good bye and down the trap. 

TAB.png.f306b3635af73839db893a0feb60eb6f.png

I'm telling you, it's all about the bookends....

Nothing Really Matters :kiss: Bitch I'm Madonna.