The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

6 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I mean sure. To be quite honest sound captured on iPhone 15 Pro Max is pretty freakin amazing, considering what's built in. I don't honestly think the imperfections captured are false at all. If anything they highten the imperfections. My CT videos are as clear as day vocally. You can hear everything - as well as every imperfection vocally.

What I meant was, when you're attending the show, in person, you don't think of that. As a vocalist myself I didn't think of that. In the moment it's so surreal you don't even hear it. Everything you see and hear in that moment is perfection. Maybe its me lol.

I hear it perfect in the arena too, dude you being a vocalist can’t say that a microphone of a telephone is enough to capture quality sound 

28 minutes ago, Andymad said:

This part is so true. Hearing kinda iffy vocal takes on YouTube throughout some performances... when you're there in the moment you don't pay attention to that. The energy you feel just overtakes your senses and she could sount like shit and it would still be the best night of your life. 

Exacttly!!  Most people who attend live doesn't really care about the mechanics.  They are there for the experience. Any recorded experience doesn't replace the LIVE experience. :party:

9 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Honey that's not what I'm saying at all LOL. Anyway. Holiday.

I don’t understand what you’re saying then except: 

To be quite honest sound captured on iPhone 15 Pro Max is pretty freakin amazing, considering what's built in. I don't honestly think the imperfections captured are false at all. If anything they highten the imperfections. My CT videos are as clear as day vocally. You can hear everything - as well as every imperfection vocally” 

But anyway Holiday to you too and Mazel Tov as well

Just now, Pedro Beltran said:

To be quite honest sound captured on iPhone 15 Pro Max is pretty freakin amazing, considering what's built in. I don't honestly think the imperfections captured are false at all. If anything they highten the imperfections. My CT videos are as clear as day vocally. You can hear everything - as well as every imperfection vocally” 

I was just stating I feel the videos I took captured great sound. To me anyway. Yolo. And though you can hear imperfections in her voice, when you're in the moment at the show I didn't notice it. You don't think of it because it's so surreal. That was my original point. I think. I thought I would hear imperfections but you just don't think of it when you're experiencing it in person. That's all. It's not deep. Thanks for the quote :Madonna055:  mazel tov sister.

2 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I was just stating I feel the videos I took captured great sound. To me anyway. Yolo. And though you can hear imperfections in her voice, when you're in the moment at the show I didn't notice it. You don't think of it because it's so surreal. That was my original point. I think. I thought I would hear imperfections but you just don't think of it when you're experiencing it in person. That's all. It's not deep. Thanks for the quote :Madonna055:  mazel tov sister.

The point that I’m trying to make is that I do too experience a great show, yes the whole atmosphere in super influential, and I’ve never been on the Madonna should be a better vocalist crowd, but when I see some videos, I wonder what the hell is happening? how I didn’t notice those bad notes on the live experience? Everyone complained about TAB and I loved it  

One of my hypotheses is that sound recording hasn’t evolved as video because of the way both sources behave in real life, so maybe some flaws can be exaggerated when watching things on YouTube…

Thats it. I truly don’t care about Madonna live vocals to keep this discussion going, but just wanted to make that clear, so sister peace 

3 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

The point that I’m trying to make is that I do too experience a great show, yes the whole atmosphere in super influential, and I’ve never been on the Madonna should be a better vocalist crowd, but when I see some videos, I wonder what the hell is happening? how I didn’t notice those bad notes on the live experience? Everyone complained about TAB and I loved it  

One of my hypotheses is that sound recording hasn’t evolved as video because of the way both sources behave in real life, so maybe some flaws can be exaggerated when watching things on YouTube…

Thats it. I truly don’t care about Madonna live vocals to keep this discussion going, but just wanted to make that clear, so sister peace 

But that's just it, you've nailed it. And again, that is my point. When you're there you are so immersed in the experience, all imperfections don't matter. And that is a beautiful thing to experience. That we all go as massive fans and are just taking it all in. And I love that for us.

It very well may be the compression of the videos on Youtube because I sit back and am like, holy crap the sound is shit. But I look at mine uploaded from my phone and I say hang on... because I know YT compresses shit and everything can sound wacky.

Anyway. We agree. So there :Madonna004:

dean hug GIF

1 hour ago, Pedro Beltran said:

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

1 hour ago, Pedro Beltran said:

That's almost always the case with any artist. The artists ive seen live i've never really notice the imperfections until i re-watch my videos.  Its because you're in the moment. So you guys are right... Btw some imperfections i love, it makes concerts more real and human. 

7 hours ago, Donna said:

Of course, she is playing.  Some are making more of this than it is.  It's not impossible to think she isn't playing "Bad GIrl" along with recorded backing.  Just like Madonna singing along with her recorded vocals.  I don't understand why this must be an issue?  Mercy obviously is a great pianist!  I'm certain she's playing her solo part.  That is the whole point of her feature, which many are failing to acknowledge.  Her performance leads into "Bad Girl" which no doubt includes a full backing instrumental and vocal which both Madonna and Mercy are performing to.  Therefore, she's playing along with a recording. Madonna is singing along with a vocal recording.  It doesn't mean she isn't playing live or Madonna isn't singing live.  So what? She took a moment to fix her hair.   It's not a hard concept to comprehend that she joined in after doing so. :)

Yeah, and she never touches the piano in the part where she fixed her hair. Obviously there's a recorded track with drums and other instruments and Madonna's prerecorded vocals. It's not just piano + voice

5 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

That's almost always the case with any artist. The artists ive seen live i've never really notice the imperfections until i re-watch my videos.  Its because you're in the moment. So you guys are right... Btw some imperfections i love, it makes concerts more real and human. 

After seeing this show live four times and attending various other concerts by different artists where I noticed just few mistakes, yet hearing several imperfections when watching videos later, I've realized why imperfections are much less noticeable live.

Yeah, if you really pay attention you might spot them all, but you have to be super analytical, and that only happens if you're not caught up in the energy of the show.

When I was there at the CT I noticed when she sang badly, but not as much as I do when I watch videos.

I'm no expert, but I think live concerts have incredible pro audio systems that can hide some flaws with stuff like reverb or really detailed equalizations that just make everything sound better. The sound is rich; it's not just about her voice, it's so good that her voice is not the main thing.

At home, it's a different story. The audio isn't the same, and smartphones just don't capture sound the same way.

But, of course, smartphones aren't making stuff up, they pick up what's actually happening. But when you play those videos back, the mistakes that weren't hidden by the concert's audio are way more obvious.

The atmosphere of a live concert is also different. It’s electrifying, with lights, crowds, and the general energy of the event that keeps you from noticing the inaccuracies. Being part of a happy crowd singing along undoubtedly has an impact.

At home, things are quieter and more chill. When you're watching a recording, you end up zoning in on the details of the performance way more.

1 hour ago, FraP said:

After seeing this show live four times and attending various other concerts by different artists where I noticed just few mistakes, yet hearing several imperfections when watching videos later, I've realized why imperfections are much less noticeable live.

Yeah, if you really pay attention you might spot them all, but you have to be super analytical, and that only happens if you're not caught up in the energy of the show.

When I was there at the CT I noticed when she sang badly, but not as much as I do when I watch videos.

I'm no expert, but I think live concerts have incredible pro audio systems that can hide some flaws with stuff like reverb or really detailed equalizations that just make everything sound better. The sound is rich; it's not just about her voice, it's so good that her voice is not the main thing.

At home, it's a different story. The audio isn't the same, and smartphones just don't capture sound the same way.

But, of course, smartphones aren't making stuff up, they pick up what's actually happening. But when you play those videos back, the mistakes that weren't hidden by the concert's audio are way more obvious.

The atmosphere of a live concert is also different. It’s electrifying, with lights, crowds, and the general energy of the event that keeps you from noticing the inaccuracies. Being part of a happy crowd singing along undoubtedly has an impact.

At home, things are quieter and more chill. When you're watching a recording, you end up zoning in on the details of the performance way more.

I think it’s actually that microphones do capture things differently to our ears at concerts. Our ears pick up sounds from all around the venue including the entire acoustics of the room whereas mics are capturing the sounds that are closest to them only. So in a recording you will find there is often less natural reverb , thus vocals will be clearer and so forth.

11 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Totally - this is why I'd take live vocals (even if over a backing track) where sometimes it sounds rough over an entirely mimed show every single time.

Mercy doesn't play a note live.

Just like M didnt play Future live, and Lourdes didn't play Devil live.

None of them actually played the piano live in concert. None of them have the form or sound of a genuine live pianist.

And that's fine. It's a pop concert. To be honest I'm surprised anyone in the audiences could be thick enough to believe any of them were playing when their eyes and ears should be saying otherwise.

42 minutes ago, scion said:

Mercy doesn't play a note live.

Just like M didnt play Future live, and Lourdes didn't play Devil live.

None of them actually played the piano live in concert. None of them have the form or sound of a genuine live pianist.

And that's fine. It's a pop concert. To be honest I'm surprised anyone in the audiences could be thick enough to believe any of them were playing when their eyes and ears should be saying otherwise.

But her hands play the right notes, I know because I watched her carefully.

I don't think she doesn't play the piano. There's no single reason to say she's not playing, no single proof of that.