The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 minute ago, Future Lover said:

Considering her Vegas residency sold out in literally minutes...yes. Can we for once not be bitchy toward another female artist, especially one that's spoken so positively about her love for M? 

Press and general public were not positive and lovely with Madonna back in 2010s in favour of the new artists like Adele. So I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm glad that time put everything in the correct place: Madonna world touring and Adele in Vegas. Thanks. 

44 minutes ago, ron92 said:

Am I wrong or the background vocals were really quiet in NYC? In everybody (only the chorus is lipped) and hung up you can clearly hear her live voice, in the European show wasn’t so evident.

She sounds definitely more "naked" in those first fan videos of last night. Maybe it's the acoustics of the arena or maybe... they've lowered the backing tracks cause US audiences and media traditionally are more critical towards non-live vocals. Who knows.

We'll see in the next few shows.

15 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She sounds definitely more "naked" in those first fan videos of last night. Maybe it's the acoustics of the arena or maybe... they've lowered the backing tracks cause US audiences and media traditionally are more critical towards non-live vocals. Who knows.

Are you talking about the american Britney Spears who was acclaimed for her 100% lipsync shows in USA? :lol:

8 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Are you talking about the american Britney Spears who was acclaimed for her 100% lipsync shows in USA? :lol:

US is a weird country in that respect (and many others xd).

For many years, lipsyncing on TV performances was considered almost a sin, everyone must sing live to be considered a serious artist. Every SNL, Letterman, Oprah, etc. performance was always live. But then, people like Janet Jackson, Britney, yeah and even Michael Jackson in his lasts tours, lip-synced in concert and no one bat an eyelid.

I think this is less and less common, though, Britney has always been heavily criticized for that, she even needed to issue an statement during her Vegas run about it.

Date                         City                    Country                      Venue                      Judge guest

October  14, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 Lourdes Leon

October  15, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 FKA Twigs

October  17, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 Diplo

October  18, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena                 Julia Fox

October  21, 2023     Antwerp                   Belgium             Sportpaleis                      Damien Jalet

October  22, 2023     Antwerp                   Belgium             Sportpaleis                      Stuart Price

October  25, 2023    Copenhagen           Denmark             Royal Arena                     Allauné Blegbo 

October  26, 2023    Copenhagen           Denmark             Royal Arena                     Aquaria

October  28, 2023    Stockholm               Sweden             Tele2 Arena                     Rocco Ritchie

November 1, 2023    Barcelona                   Spain             Palau Sant Jordi              Arca

November 2, 2023    Barcelona                   Spain             Palau Sant Jordi              Úrsula Corberó 

November 6, 2023    Lisbon                   Portugal             Altice Arena                   Jon Kortajerena 

November 7, 2023    Lisbon                   Portugal             Altice Arena                     Jean Paul Gaultier

November 12, 2023    Paris                   France             Accor Arena                     Matières fecales

November 13, 2023    Paris                   France             Accor Arena                     French artist photographer JR

November 15, 2023    Cologne                   Germany             Lanxess Arena                 Andrea "Munchie" Lanz   

November 16, 2023    Cologne                   Germany             Lanxess Arena                 The chef is one of Madonna's babysitters.

November 19, 2023    Paris                   France                  Accor Arena                      Michèle Lamy      

November 20, 2023    Paris                   France                  Accor Arena                      Dj Kiddy Smile

November 23, 2023    Milan                   Italy             Mediolanum Forum         Donatella Versace

November 25, 2023    Milan                   Italy             Mediolanum Forum         Deborah "Debi" Anne Mazar

November 28, 2023   Berlin                        Germany              Mercedes Benz Arena     Gabriel Massan

November 29, 2023   Berlin                        Germany              Mercedes Benz Arena     "Peaches" Merrill Beth Nisker

December 1, 2023     Amsterdam             Netherlands            Ziggo Dome                        "Sevdaliza" Sevda Alizadeh

December 2, 2023     Amsterdam             Netherlands            Ziggo Dome                        "Miss Fame" Kurtis Frank Dam-Mikkelsen

December 5, 2023    London                   England            The O2 Arena                    Charlie Hunnam

December 6, 2023    London                   England            The O2 Arena                      Stella McCartney

December 13, 2023    New York City        United States       Barclays Center                  Josh Popper

kooste.JPG

2023.12.13 Josh Popper.JPG

1 hour ago, ron92 said:

Am I wrong or the background vocals were really quiet in NYC? In everybody (only the chorus is lipped) and hung up you can clearly hear her live voice, in the European show wasn’t so evident.

Lots of Europe dates where she sounds more live than others. Depends on where the person is recording, some video's from the same night sounds all different, some sounds more live than others even if it's the same song and night... It's not like the backing track is lowered this time, it realy depends on the person recording and the location in the arena. Listen to other video's from new york, some you can hear backing track more than on others, just like the europe dates. 

Would just like to point out to everyone who was shitting bricks over ticket sales that the show was indeed full despite multiple available tickets yesterday morning. It'll be the same tonight. 

I know some people in Europe aren't used to how Americans are with buying tickets but a ton of people wait until the last possible second to buy because it ensures cheaper tickets. A lot of people also wait until the day of and get tickets from the box office because paper tickets aren't subject to the dynamic pricing done on Ticketmaster, they'll be marked face value. 

She isn't going to be playing to half empty venues. Every show you see right now on Ticketmaster with a ton of available tickets will be full by the time she drags her late ass on stage in that venue. 

Promoters know what they're doing. 

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

NO!  they all are critical when it comes to live vocals. And it's definitley not " more live " in new york, because also in europe she sounded verry much live, but it all depended on where in the arena that person is recording. Ive seen many video's from the same night, same song but all sounded verry different, some more live than others, so it all depended on where the person is sitting or standing in the arena. Same with the yesterday show, on other video's she sounds more live than on others.. 

1 minute ago, True Blue 84 said:

NO!  they all are critical when it comes to live vocals. And it's definitley not " more live " in new york, because also in europe she sounded verry much live, but it all depended on where in the arena that person is recording. Ive seen many video's from the same night, same song but all sounded verry different, some more live than others, so it all depended on where the person is sitting or standing in the arena. Same with the yesterday show, on other video's she sounds more live than on others.. 

NRM sounded 100% live while at my Berlin show you could definitely hear her singing over the backing track 

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Vocals are definitely a strong and key point in this tour, seeing it live is obvious and Stuart Price also confirmed it on his interview as musical director.

Bedtime stories from last night is the most horrible vocal performance of her ive ever heard, like even worse than eurovision omg

3 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Bedtime stories from last night is the most horrible vocal performance of her ive ever heard, like even worse than eurovision omg

To be fair she always struggles a little bit with that one plus the autotuned effect or whatever they use there seems to do more harm than good most of the time. It's not an easy one to do live, I guess.

But I'll always prefer a live vocal, even if it's not perfect.

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

To be fair she always struggles a little bit with that one plus the autotuned effect or whatever they use there seems to do more harm than good most of the time. It's not an easy one to do live, I guess.

But I'll always prefer a live vocal, even if it's not perfect.

7 minutes ago, sara94 said:

I feel like she sang so much live bc she knows the americans are notoriously harsh when it comes to lip syncing. 

She sounded allot better at my show ( Amsterdam dec 2 ).singing Bedtime stories, and that one was definiteley live to... Are you guys saying she lipped in europe? That's definiteley not the case...

6 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

She sounded allot better at my show ( Amsterdam dec 2 ).singing Bedtime stories, and that one was definiteley live to... Are you guys saying she lipped in europe? That's definiteley not the case...

Who's saying she lipped in Europe? She didn't.

As yourself said in a previous post, audio can change from one part of the arena or one recording to another one, so maybe live there "Bedtime Story" didn't sound that bad last night, or in other videos it will sound better.

I just did a multi-angle edit of "I Love New York/Burning Up" from last night (will upload next) and, while not a perfect vocal, it sounded worse in some fan videos than others...

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic