Which "Studio" Album of Madonna's would you recommend FIRST to a potential new Fan??

If you had someone (who was very interested in Madonna, but, hadn't listened to any of her studio albums in full yet) ask you which "studio" album of Madonna's would you recommend for them to listen to first, which album would you choose? I'd choose "Confessions On A Dancefloor". I love how it's structured like a "DJ set". You can dance to it and it's still relevant to this day. I think they'd only want MORE after listening to it.

71D5S3PHRmL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

58 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

If it's one of Those TikTok people who can't stand hearing the same media for some minutes then You Can Dance!

With luv(in)!

@Vogueristaasked if it was a "potential fan" and mentioned "which STUDIO album?"  Obviously, whomever this person would be, would be interested in exploring her catalog. Suggesting to anyone else, who has no interest in her, is just wasting your time.

3 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

If it's someone i hate i would recommend "Madame X"

Mariah Carey Diva GIF

@Would You Like To TryIf it's one of Those TikTok people who can't stand hearing the same media for some minutes then You Can Dance!

With luv(in)!

Ok, but, what if it's someone (unrelated to tik tok)you like or don't know and they would really like to have your advise especially being you are a big fan. Which studio album would you pick? I'd like your genuine opinion. Thanks 

25 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Ok, but, what if it's someone (unrelated to tik tok)you like or don't know and they would really like to have your advise especially being you are a big fan. Which studio album would you pick? I'd like your genuine opinion. Thanks 

Start with Madame x and go a dive to her discography in reverse

It completely depends on what kind of music they are into.

Pop fans? Confessions or Rebel heart

Classic rock fans? Like a prayer

Electronica and ambient fans? Ray of light

Jazz and spoken word fans? Erotica or I'm Breathless

90's ballad fans? Bedtime stories

Broadway fans? Evita

R'N'B fans? Madonna

Hip hop fans? Hard Candy... I guess?

Taylor Swift fans? True blue or Music (The Immaculate Collection would be better)

Disney fans? I'm Breathless

Im gonna cheat... But I'd say The Immaculate Collection. 

It would have a bunch of songs that they most likely would have heard before but not have known it was her. 

My friend who I subject to Madonna stuff keeps finding out about songs he knew but didn't realize they were Madonna cuz she's such a chameleon. 

After that Id say GHV2. 

If you insist on a studio album.... Maybe Erotica. 

5 hours ago, Donna said:

I'd have a hard time in just narrowing it down to just one.  Though, I do agree Confessions would be a good choice, especially for someone more younger.  I think if I had to choose, I'd just say start with the debut and experience her career as it unfolded...

22889cde284282d87d6a6ffca8b21bae.gif

THIS.

The first album. Easily. The perfect introduction to Madonna - in every way. I think she has the kind of body of work that is best experienced in chronological order.

Quintessentially 80s while also feeling timeless. Not to mention, it's just the perfect example of pop music so perfectly executed, right out of the gate.

8 hours ago, Voguerista said:

If you had someone (who was very interested in Madonna, but, hadn't listened to any of her studio albums in full yet) ask you which "studio" album of Madonna's would you recommend for them to listen to first, which album would you choose? I'd choose "Confessions On A Dancefloor". I love how it's structured like a "DJ set". You can dance to it and it's still relevant to this day. I think they'd only want MORE after listening to it.

71D5S3PHRmL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

It depends if of the age of the new fan what gen they were

True Blue 

So 'Madonna' all the way through  - it's an album that is so typically Madonna 

Incredible singles songs - Live To Tell, Open Your Heart, Papa Don't Preach, True Blue & La Isla Bonita and great album tracks Where's The Party and White Heat 

Would also say Music and Confessions on a Dancefloor  - for the same reasons both really very Madonna with great singles and album tracks too