Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

9 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

And here's yet another hot take of mine but I LOVE this discussion and the show but OMG! The best camera work or live autotune in the world couldn't have saved Music. She rehearsed it so well and it seemed like she was preparing a significant tribute for Brazil but this was just atrocious. Nearly as bad as with Maluma in Medellin. 
oh meu deus!!!

What's wrong with Music? Are u talking about how it looked on TV or that the performance wasn't of your taste?

1 minute ago, Lucas B. said:

What's wrong with Music? Are u talking about how it looked on TV or that the performance wasn't of your taste?

'Wasn't of my taste' is a very PC way to put it. Lol.

the build-up, the mix, the rehearsal and the wonderful incorporation of traditional Brazilian music and young musicians playing was something to hold your breath for… the execution was a hot mess at best

2 hours ago, MCL_1993 said:

You know that they used rehearssl vocals to 'improve' the BsAs dvd and she sounded live enough for the producers to give them something to work. Kevin Antunes said in an interview that the production team wanted her to sound extremely youthful and that he had to go so hard on the vocals that he even had to pitch up what she said (and screamed; i.e. Borderline) during or in between songs because ot wouldn't have matched, otherwise. Please don't kill me as I can't figure out the source anymore.

"You know, I didn't really have a say in that. I approached it in a similar fashion as Stuart did with the previous tours. I took a good rehearsal day and mixed the vocal stem with the soundboard from Argentina but we quickly ran into the issue of her being out of tune a lot during those shows. You need to understand that we were almost at the end of the tour and Madonna's voice wasn't getting enough rest during the south american dates. So, we decided to pitch her speaking voice up a little to mix better with the rehearsals. Then when the label reviewed it, Madonna's tour director requested a clean-up of all the instrumentals we recorded during filming of the footage in Buenos Aires. It was very unfortunate because after that clean-up, everything sounded more studio-esque, which apparently, Madonna aimed for. With our PA system, it was very easy to work on that tour because our sound was very consistent across the board. If we didn't run into issues with the venue or technical stuff screwing us over - which rarely happened, anyway- the show in Berlin would sound just as good as the show in Los Angeles, for instance. I also did a version of the soundboard using stems from shows in which she gave good vocal performances and played it to her but she didn't like it very much. So, at the end of the day, a more artificial sound was preferred over a more rough mix. Sadly, for the audience noise, I had to use stock recordings to get it right sometimes. "

God, what a mess. I always thought Kevin was to blame but sounds like she's the one wanting to mask her live vocals. Ah well, at least Madame X Tour sounded good. 

30 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

And here's yet another hot take of mine but I LOVE this discussion and the show but OMG! The best camera work or live autotune in the world couldn't have saved Music. She rehearsed it so well and it seemed like she was preparing a significant tribute for Brazil but this was just atrocious. Nearly as bad as with Maluma in Medellin. 
oh meu deus!!!

Wat it was super fun

41 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

oh meu deus!!!

oh please :Madonna017:

15 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

God, what a mess. I always thought Kevin was to blame but sounds like she's the one wanting to mask her live vocals. Ah well, at least Madame X Tour sounded good. 

good morning..most of the fanbase wants to blame on Kevin when the only "enemy" is M herself

4 hours ago, MCL_1993 said:

Yo guys, if anything she was semi-live but that's as good as it gets. NRM, OYH, some lines in Burning Up and the Holiday skit with Bob as the doorman were live during the opening segment. Her mic was on, In this life was not live, LTT had some lines but was mostly lipped. LAP 100% lipped. That's how far my analysis goes as of now. 

Now lets compare that video to one of the fan recordings, scroll on to holliday and listen to " And bring back all of those happy days" 

In the video above, the original live broadcast it's " And bring back all of those happy daaaaaaaaays " and sounding super polished... 

Now listen to a fan recording of that same part of the song, she sings it just as its suposed to be, " And bring back all of those happy days" not " daaaaaaaaays "... thats why in the video above it seems like she's lipsyncing because she cuts her mic of to early for the over polished " daaaaays " when in the moment it's she was not lipsyncing, at least singing over a backing track... 

So please explain to me what that note is?. It's definitely not the backing track imo because it sounds way different to me if i listen to the backing vocals from this part on other dates. 

Just now, Sheridan1980 said:

I dont understand why. The Drowned World Tour DVD is 100% live vocals and her voice is perfect

from DWT she's using rehearsal voice, she knows that she has a poorly live voice every year...it seems like she doesn't care to take lessons again

1 hour ago, MCL_1993 said:

oh meu deus!!!

Nooooo really? I loved it so much ...

Oh My God Reaction GIF

The arrangement was cool as fuck, her moves free and party style, the vocals were not excellent but, I mean, it's Music, it's not a big deal. At that Maluma thing she litterally couldn't move, she was completely out of tune the whole time and puffy as the LTT baloon.

16 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

I don't understand why. The Drowned World Tour DVD is 100% live vocals and her voice is perfect

That was more than 20 years ago. We can't pretend a perfect live voice with all the dance moves ecc now at 65 or in the future. Even if her dance steps are more simple, she still goes on with age. I assume we can Deal with this and not making a drama.

3 minutes ago, stefo said:

Nooooo really? I loved it so much ...

Oh My God Reaction GIF

The arrangement was cool as fuck, her moves free and party style, the vocals were not excellent but, I mean, it's Music, it's not a big deal. At that Maluma thing she litterally couln't move, she was completely out of tune the whole time and puffy as the LTT baloon.

I agree completely. This version of Music was pure fire, and M dance good in it considering the circumstances.

Speaking to friends who aren't "Madonna fans" I've heard nothing but positivity about this concert, and across the net it's all positive too. Absolutely no-one out there is obsessing over her vocals.

And on that note, I think some folk need reminding that vocals deteriorate with age. It happens to absolutely everyone. 

12 minutes ago, ron92 said:

That was more than 20 years ago. We can't pretend a perfect live voice with all the dance moves ecc now at 65 or in the future. Even if her dance steps are more simple, she still goes on with age. I assume we can Deal with this and not making a drama.

I'm OK with that and her aging voice is not a problem for me. But the fake voice like in the S&S DVD is a problem for me. 

15 minutes ago, Debord said:

Speaking to friends who aren't "Madonna fans" I've heard nothing but positivity about this concert, and across the net it's all positive too. Absolutely no-one out there is obsessing over her vocals.

And on that note, I think some folk need reminding that vocals deteriorate with age. It happens to absolutely everyone. 

Her vocals at the concert itself where fine... her vocals on the broadcast are a mystery lol, is it louder backing tracks, or edited.  It definitely sounds WAY different if you compare the fan recording version to the broadcast. Thats what people are arguing about. 

10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Oh God. So many party poopers have suddenly come into this thread.

Who cares if there was a backing track! She slayed!

This has nothing to do with the backing track... scroll a bit back to see one of the examples of Holliday. You will hear the vocals on the broadcast are completely different than the one on the fan recording version. The broadcast has even way longer polished notes. Wich definitely wasn't needed. Thats what the arguing is about... She sounded fine during the concert itself in Rio, but they let themselves go a bit with the broadcast audio. No hard feelings...

16 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Her vocals at the concert itself where fine... her vocals on the broadcast are a mystery lol, is it louder backing tracks, or edited.  It definitely sounds WAY different if you compare the fan recording version to the broadcast. Thats what people are arguing about. 

Yeah but...who cares? It doesn't matter in the slightest. It was a triumph.

1 hour ago, MCL_1993 said:

'Wasn't of my taste' is a very PC way to put it. Lol.

the build-up, the mix, the rehearsal and the wonderful incorporation of traditional Brazilian music and young musicians playing was something to hold your breath for… the execution was a hot mess at best

My question is: Madonna's choreography in that performance looked something I've already seen before. The question is "Where?"

1 hour ago, Sheridan1980 said:

I don't understand why. The Drowned World Tour DVD is 100% live vocals and her voice is perfect

She nectlected her voice after AL/COADF. And 20 years have passed.

1 hour ago, Angelo said:

from DWT she's using rehearsal voice, she knows that she has a poorly live voice every year...it seems like she doesn't care to take lessons again

Nope, DWT voice is real.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic