MadonnaInfinity -- Best Madonna Song COUNTDOWN

MeantToBeIconic

I had read somewhere that Spanish Eyes is about the Aids epidemic taking away so many lives.

Another HeartBreakRound... I knew it from the start... baby please don't hurt me

So many beautiful ballads are going. But I knew.

This time I was scared to read....

:rip: :rip:

You'll see: the best empowerment song ever, it is paired now by Living for love.

Promise to try: I think there are many beautiful songs about death of a dear one, but they always say the same things. Take one of the greatest ever, Eric Clapton's Tears in heaven for instance. Madonna's song is so original, so deep, it says so many difficult things about forgetting and remembering. It is so sincere. In a certain way I am only a little unconfortable thinking of the use made in Truth or dare movie: I fear Christopher may be right... Can you show such a intimate moment as the visit to your mother's grave in front of the cameras? Still is one of the most touching scenes in the movie.

You must love me: so simple yet so perfect. The guitar rendition in S&S is simply awesome (even if sometimes it was slightly out of tune :wide-eyes: ). I've covered it many times and I can really feel it.

Spanish eyes: a beautiful songs about war and desaparecidos. One of M's most mature tracks.

Bad Girl: a nice ballad, fits perfectly in Erotica and gives a different side to the album. It would be nice to see it reworked acoustic and not electronic.

I'm in love with... Nothing Fails: one of the most underrated singles, not to make a proper video was a crime. But Madonna made a lot of mistakes in American Life promotion, and after the video withdrawn she seemed to have lost faith in the video format.... Also Hollywood and Love profusion are not that interesting. The original AL is pure perfection :clap:

Let It Will Be: I'm still confused with the title...

Deeper and Deeper: maybe Shep Pettibone was right and the Spanish break makes no sense, but it sounds so nice! And the Vogue citation is easy and cheesy but we all love it! And M knows it, so she reused the idea in Holy Water.... ooops!

:Madonna053:

I would have liked to hear Nothing really matters in the new tour, there were so many indiscretions about it being rehearsed... remember some posts a little too offensive? :mama010:

Yet the idea of the song is better explained in Drowned World and Rebel Heart, imo...

whAT IS YOUR PROBLEM BAD GIRL IS A MASTERPIECE! THE EXTENDED VERSION FROM THE CD SINGLE IS EVERYTHING.

I agree! I love the intro to the extended version. I wish that bit was used used for the album mix. I'm relieved to see some tracks that I love, but assumed weren't as popular as others, still alive. (Bedtime story, die another day, oh father). I'm quite happy that Holiday isn't in the running. Lol I seriously thought I must be the only person who doesn't love it. Don't get me wrong, it's not on my list of hated songs, but it's never really done anything for me but I'd of assumed it'd make top 10. ;-)

Who's ready for our

LAST

ROUND

BEFORE

LET'S

JUMP

IN

Posted Image

#29 -- Rescue Me

Average: 8.65

Highest: 10x9 (@@groovyguy, @GHouse, @@rol1974, @@InfinityWithin, @@devilpray, @@stefo, @@Dazedmadonna, @@Re-InventionUK, @@unapologeticheart)

Lowest: 6x2 (@carlito76a and @slave Posted Image)

As much as I hate to say this, I don't think the talk-singing works as well as it does in JML or Erotica. I can understand the fanaticism behind this song, and the fact it didn't get a video is appalling. It's got a great attitude, and Madonna delivers it well. Glad it's not Top 20, tbh

Posted Image

#28 --  Living For Love

Average: 8.7

Highest: 10x8 (@MeantToBeIconic Posted Image@Ghouse, @@groovyguy, @@devilpray, @voguemadonna, @@rol1974, @ElectrickOrus98, @@Re-InventionUK)

Lowest: 6x1 (@Fighter)

I don't get why Fighter doesn't like this song Posted ImageIt was the best lead single from her last three albums. I love 90's house throwbacks, and this gives me exactly what I want. There might be a demo or two that's better than the final, but the final is still fantastic. One of the best album openers, this is the electro-Like A Prayer, and I'm living for this love, dahling  Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 -- Jump

Highest: 10x8 (@NowRadiate, @@InfinityWithin, @@Re-InventionUK, @@rol1974, @musicinferno, @@Dazedmadonna, @@devilpray, @@unapologeticheart)

Lowest: 7x4 (@carlito76a, @Fighter, @voguemadonna, and @@stefo)

I'm still confused as to why this got above Sorry, tbh Posted Image This song will always be special to me because of that one time I was at Pride and I was the only person who knew the song. It's really great for dancing, and it's lyrics are awesome. I really like it's production, but I wish the video was a bit better.

A shocking elimination

Posted Image

#26 -- Express Yourself

Highest: 10x10 Posted Image (@MeantToBeIconic, @@rol1974, @GHouse, @@devilpray, @alibaba, @musicinferno, @Fighter, @NowRadiate, @@InfinityWithin, @@Re-InventionUK)

Lowest: 1x1 (@@groovyguy Posted Image)

I was totally expecting this getting in the Top 20 like it deserves. I actually like the album version better than the remix. When the horns blare and the bridge kicks in that's when you know that this song is of the best quality. Madonna's 100% in it to win it here.

Posted Image

#25 -- Time Stood Still

Average: 8.75

Highest: 10x8 (@ElectrickOrus98, @GHouse, @@rol1974, @@devilpray, @NowRadiate, @@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @slave)

Lowest: 6x1 (@voguemadonna)

A beautiful song from an AWFUL. MOVIE. Seriously. Her voice is pretty, the instrumental is awesome, and the lyrics are quite good. Very pleasantly surprised as to how far it made it. Glad to give it #25.

Posted Image

#24 -- Ghosttown

Highest: 11x1 (@@Re-InventionUK)

Lowest: 3x1 (@sidney78a)
I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but 

Posted Image

@sidney78a obviously doesn't know quality when he hears it. I was very curious when I saw this title that hadn't leaked, and when I checked it out, I fell in love instantly. The production is fantastic, and the lyrics are her best in a decade. The video was slightly cheesy, but it was still nice to see all that effort. I'm definitely upset at it missing Top 20, but I guess @sidney78a just had to go and ruin everything.

Posted Image

#23 -- Don't Tell Me

Highest: 10x7 (@@rol1974, @@InfinityWithin, @@devilpray, @@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @voguemadonna, @GHouse)

Lowest: 6x1 (@NowRadiate)

Madonna's best country-pop deliverance. The construction is unique, and still stands the test of time. It's a delightful empowerment anthem that still sounds fantastically fresh. Just shy of Top 20 feels about right, imo.

Posted Image

#22 -- Secret

Highest: 10x8 (@musicinferno, @@rol1974, @@stefo, @@devilpray, @NowRadiate, @@Dazedmadonna, @@unapologeticheart, @slave)

Lowest: 5x1 (@voguemadonna)

I don't really know what this song means Posted Image

HOWEVER I really enjoy it. It was an interesting change of pace from the rest of Bedtime Stories. The guitar is really organic and her voice is smooth. The funk elements added in towards the end were a really nice touch, but I feel like this is right where it belongs. 

Posted Image

#21 -- La Isla Bonita

Highest: 10x5 (@@rol1974, @@groovyguy, @@unapologeticheart, @@InfinityWithin, @@Re-InventionUK)

Lowest: 6x1 (@voguemadonna)

Overrated, tbh. Posted Image

Not that this is a bad song, but it's just not as great as it's always hyped up to be. A fun Latin fling never did any harm, but when it's performed on EVERY tour, it starts to. It's a fun song, but it's lost its spark thanks to overperformance. Meh. Sad to say, but this is probably where it belongs.

This last one makes me sad.

Just barely missing Top 20 is

Posted Image

#20 -- Take a Bow

Average: 8.8

Highest: 10x8 (@Fighter, @MeantToBeIconic  Posted Image@@devilpray, @@rol1974, @@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @GHouse, @rebelheart93)

Lowest: 6x2 Posted Image (@unapolgeticheart and @alibaba )

Ok, so I got really excited when I heard rumors of this being on the RHT setlist, but then it wasn't. This song is the shining moment of Bedtime Stories, and her best closer still. The production is sweeping and melodic, and her voice is smooth and sweet. The chorus in particular is the most memorable part of the song, and I'm sad it didn't make Top 20 Posted Image. Oh well...

That was this round! Thanks to BreatheHeavy for letting me steal their smilies! What do you think?

And your Top 20 is (and I guess Take a Bow is included YAY)

Reverse Alphabetized, btw9. Frozen8. Oh Father6. Into The Groove4.. Live To Tell3. Ray of Light2. Open Your Heart2. Get Together12. Vogue10. The Power of Good-Bye10. Rain10. Die Another Day10. Bedtime Story1. Papa Don't Preach1. Music1. Like a Prayer1. Justify My Love1. Hung Up1. Erotica1. Drowned World - Substitute For Love

Predictions for Top 10?

Rescue Me is finally recognized as the real thing it is: A MASTERPIECE  :Madonna024:

It's really awful that Secret, Express Yourself and Take A Bow didn't made it to top 20, but I can't complain either. Living For Love and Ghosttown have proved that they are amazing songs and that they deserve all the love from us, so yay. @@sidney78a you're getting banned 

Maybe Madonna should check out this list when it's finished to see the songs the fans REALLY want to see her doing for her next tour. With such a vast back catalogue she has given some "oldies but goodies" repeated outings (candy shop, human nature, la isla bonita, music, like a virgin and even dare i say it Like A Prayer -my absolute favourite Madonns song) and ignored some (rescue me, bad girl, take a bow, nothing really matters) or sang them once many years ago (you'll see, cherish, what it feels like for a Girl, secret). Note to Madonna - I love you and all but please retire human nature and candy shop from your setlists for 10-15 years. Lol. Thanks.

First of all... well done TIME STOOD STILL, you came from so behind and arrived so high in the chart!! :party:

A very good result for RESCUE ME... It would have fit perfectly in a RHT section about the end of the world...

How strange for EXPRESS YOURSELF didn't make it; it thought it could be in the Top3 :rip:

SECRET is a good song, but I'm not into "mmmm" choruses, such as Frozen :Madonna007:

LIVING FOR LOVE could have done better if the last part had been arranged better, it still lacks something, pity!

LA ISLA BONITA may be overrated, but it was the FIRST song to sound Spanish, it paved the road, let's not forget that!

But almost every song makes me sad... Ghosttown, Jump... but it had to happen.

I hope Like a prayer wins and not Vogue! :Madonna037: