MadonnaInfinity -- Best Madonna Song COUNTDOWN

MeantToBeIconic

Yeah um, goodbye guys, it was nice to meet you all, it was fun till it lasted, now I'm in the heartbreak city, and it's not that pretty, and it still feels shitty.

Me and I Slay You are gonna hunt you in your dreams.

Posted Image

And now... Back to... That bitch that has a lot to say about me, @@sidney78a wuts good?!?

Posted Image

I had a slice of my bday cake saved for ya, now I'll put poison on it.

Posted Image

oo// baby dont take it personally - me likes you - and yo'collection is dope, sweetie :kissy:

All I can say about this round is that EVERYBODY will be pissed about something.

I'm pissed.

@@Dazedmadonna will be pissed.

@@devilpray will be pissed.

Everybody gets pissed!

And the first one to go is my trigger...

Posted Image

#39 -- Sorry

Average: 8.5 (not enough)

Highest: 10x8 (@MeantToBeIconic, @GHouse, @@rol1974, @@devilpray, @@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @@unapologeticheart)

Lowest: 6x3 (@@InfinityWithin, @@stefo, @musicinferno)

IM SO DEPRESSED NOW AND THIS COUNTDOWN IS OVER BECAUSE THE TRACKS THAT PERFORMED BETTER THAN THIS FROM COADF ARE IN NO WAY BETTER THIS IS MY SECOND FAVORITE FROM COADF AND IT DESERVES WAY MORE PRAISE NU-DISCO FLAWLESS AND SUPER GREAT LYRICS WITH NON-STOP ENERGY

Posted Image

#38 -- Nothing Really Matters

Average: 8.5

Highest: 10x7 (@@Dazedmadonna, @@devilpray, @@InfinityWithin, @@rol1974, @@Re-InventionUK, @GHouse, and @slave)

Lowest: 6x2 (@alibaba and @musicinferno)

To be honest, I don't get all the hype this track gets. It's got a nice beat, sure, but it's not THAT great. It's got nice lyrics, but it's not ROL's most inspired moment. It's a nice, less abstract fun moment for the album, that sounds nicely done, but isn't much better than that. Top 50? Yes, I would however agree.

Posted Image

#37 -- Deeper and Deeper

Highest: 10x7 (@ElectrickOrus98, @@rol1974, @GHouse, @@devilpray, @@Re-InventionUK, @@InfinityWithin, and @@Dazedmadonna)

Lowest: 5x1 (@voguemadonna)

Truly underrated single, tbh. Even if it gets performed often, we forget about it all the time. A fantastic dance cut from a fantastic album, this was the first (and inferior) track to sample Vogue in it. It even has a flamenco break in it! I don't how they made it work, but yas! The most radio friendly thing from Erotica, I'm glad it went so far, but hasn't beat the title track.

Posted Image

#36 -- Spanish Eyes

Highest: 10x6 (@MeantToBeIconic, @GHouse, @@stefo, @@rol1974, @@Re-InventionUK, @@devilpray)

Lowest: 5x1 (@voguemadonna)

This track alone was enough to make me reconsider 80's Madonna entirely. Her voice in this song is absolutely gorgeous, and the lyrics are everything that La Isla Bonita 2.0 should be. It's just so gorgeous, but it can't help but be outshined by the glossy dance numbers in her catalogue.

Posted Image

#35 -- You Must Love Me

Average: 8.53

Highest: 10x8 (@GHouse, @@rol1974, @@groovyguy, @NowRadiate, @@Re-InventionUK, @@devilpray, @rebelheart93, @voguemadonna)

Lowest: 3x1 (@@InfinityWithin)

Now that I think, this IS the best from Evita. She's so into it, and her voice is delivering her best performance, possibly to date. It's a beautiful, romantic song from a fantastic musical. She did this song above and beyond justice, and I think it found its perfect place here.

Posted Image

#34 -- Let It Will Be

Average: 8.55

Highest: 10x6 (@@devilpray, @@InfinityWithin, @NowRadiate, @@unapologeticheart, @@Dazedmadonna, @@rol1974)

Lowest: 6x1 (@ElectrickOrus98)

Don't get me wrong, I adore this COADF track. The synths that come in after the first chorus are excellent, and the strings are really nice. The verse lyrics are fantastic, but the overall meaning of the song is a little difficult to grasp. Idk, I think I'm still better about Sorry.

Posted Image

#33 -- Nothing Fails

Average: 8.6

Highest: 10x9 (@@Dazedmadonna, @@InfinityWithin, @@devilpray, @@unapologeticheart, @@rol1974, @GHouse, @@groovyguy, @musicinferno, @slave)

Lowest: 5x1 (@NowRadiate)

American Life's crowning achievement and best song. This stripped back folk song with the backing of a gospel choir is sweeter than a spoonful of honey. Madonna feels wonderfully natural here, and the result is awe-inspiring. Sadly, even with all the high rates, it wasn't enough to get it in the Top 30. So sad.

Posted Image

#32 -- Bad Girl

Highest: 10x9 (@@devilpray, @ElectrickOrus98, @GHouse, @@rol1974, @NowRadiate, @@Re-InventionUK, @@Dazedmadonna, @slave, @musicinferno)

Lowest: 6x2 (@carlito and @alibaba)

This song. The infamous one performance only Erotica single. I lover the lyrics here. The production is really nice. Her vocals deliver really well, but in the end, the song just isn't too special. Something about it just fails to stack up with some of her catalog, and it's easily pushed aside, imo.

Posted Image

#31 -- Promise to Try

Highest: 10x6 (@GHouse, @@stefo, @@groovyguy, @NowRadiate, @slave, @musicinferno)

Lowest: 6x3 (@Fighter, @MeantToBeIconic, and @voguemadonna)

Beautiful ballad. Great lyrics and voice with a simple piano backing. Every time I listen to it, it's like a new song, but I just can't rate it that high. Something just prevents me. I don't know if I feel this song, but I also really like it. Something's just... off.

Posted Image

#30 -- You'll See

Average: 8.63

Highest: 10x9 (@MeantToBeIconic, @@devilpray, @NowRadiate, @@rol1974, @@InfinityWithin, @@Dazedmadonna, @@unapologeticheart, @@Re-InventionUK, @@groovyguy)

Lowest: 6x3 (@Fighter, @sidney78a, and @@stefo)

What a nice treat we got on Something To Remember. Great lyrics, nice, non-cheesy Latin feel, and GREAT vocals. This is post-breakup empowerment at it's classiest, tbh. While it IS good, it isn't as good as some other offers M has given us, so it's place feels right.

Discuss. I know everyone has to be pissed about AT LEAST ONE result here.

[updated] Results recap so far:

Many THANKS to MeantToBeIconic for taking the time in compiling the results!!!

#30-#39 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=195667

30 -- You'll See [something to Remember]

31 -- Promise to Try [Like a Prayer]

32 -- Bad Girl [Erotica]

33 -- Nothing Fails [American Life]

34 -- Let It Will Be [COADF]

35 -- You Must Love Me

36 -- Spanish Eyes [Like a Prayer]

37 -- Deeper and Deeper [Erotica]

38 -- Nothing Really Matters [Ray of Light]

39 – Sorry [COADF]

#40-#49 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=194407

40 -- Devil Pray [Rebel Heart]

41 – HeartBreakCity [Rebel Heart]

42 -- Easy Ride [American Life]

43 – Masterpiece [MDNA]

44 – Addicted [Rebel Heart]

45 -- Don't Cry For Me Argentina [Evita]

46 -- I Want You (with Massive Attack) [something to Remember]

47 -- Sky Fits Heaven [Ray of Light]

48 -- Impressive Instant [Music]

49 -- Devil Wouldn't Recognize You [Hard Candy]

#50-#59 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=193904

50 -- Across The Sky [Hard Candy Era]

51 -- Dress You Up [Like a Virgin]

52 -- Swim [Ray of Light]

53 -- Paradise (Not For Me) [Music]

54 -- Miles Away [Hard Candy]

55 -- Falling Free [MDNA]

56 -- Nobody Knows Me [American Life]

57 -- Gang Bang [MDNA]

58 -- Holiday [Madonna]

59 -- Like A Virgin [Like a Virgin]

Previous Results

#60-#109  http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=192611

#110-#139  http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=185872

#140-#199 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=179895

#200-#268 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=164289

Album Tally

In Red = Eliminated

In Brown = 1 More track to Elimination

Track in Green = Remaining Tracks

6 Eliminated Albums: [17]Who’s That Girl; [16]Madonna; [15]Hard Candy; [14]MDNA; [13] Evita; [12]Something to Remember

Album Rank / Album Title / # of Eliminated Tracks [% Eliminated] / Total Tracks / Eliminated Tracks

1. True Blue5/9[55.5%]: Love Makes the World Go Round[248] / Jimmy Jimmy[263] / True Blue[149] / White Heat[145]/ Where's The Party?[ 123]/Papa Don't Preach[?]/Open Your Heart[?]/Live To Tell[?]/La Isla Bonita[?]

2. Ray of Light10/14[71.4%]: Little Star[180] / Candy Perfume Girl[167] / Shanti/Ashtangi[168] / To Have and Not To Hold[153]/ Mer Girl[132]/ Has To Be[96]/ Skin[60]/ Swim[52]/ Sky Fits Heaven[47]/ Nothing Really Matters[38]/Drowned World - Substitute For Love[?]/Ray of Light[?]/Frozen[?]/The Power of Good-Bye[?]

3. Like a Prayer8/11[72.7%]: Act of Contrition [239]; Love Song (with Prince)[ 214] / Dear Jessie[162]/ Till Death Do Us Part[115]/ Cherish[83]/ Keep It Together[68]/ Spanish Eyes[36]/Promise to Try[31]/Like a Prayer[?]/Express Yourself[?]/Oh Father[?]

3. Bedtime Stories8/11[72.7%]: Don't Stop[220] / Survival[174] / I'd Rather Be Your Lover[163]/ Forbidden Love[136]/ Love Tried To Welcome Me[131]/Inside of Me[130]/ Sanctuary[88]/ Human Nature[64]/Secret[?]/Bedtime Story[?]/Take A Bow[?]

5. COADF12/15[80%]: Superpop[240] / Fighting Spirit[209] / History[155] / Push[147]/ Isaac[137]/ I Love New York[125]/ Like It Or Not[95]/How High[93]/ Future Lovers[69]/Forbidden Love[62]/ Sorry[39]/Let It Will Be[34]/Hung Up[?]/Get Together[?]/Jump[?]

6. Erotica12/14[85.7%]: Did You Do It?[268] / In This Life[166/ Secret Garden[157] / Bye Bye Baby[152] / Fever[151] / Thief of Hearts[146]/ Words[127]/ Where Life Begins[111]/ Why's It So Hard?[ 103]/ Waiting[101]/ Deeper and Deeper[37]/Bad Girl[32]/Erotica[?]/Rain[?]

7Music11/13[84.6%]: Cyberraga[184] / Lo Que Siente La Mujer[176] / Nobody's Perfect [172] / Runaway Lover[158] / Amazing[154]/ American Pie[133]/ I Deserve It[119]/ Gone[97]/ What it Feels Like for a Girl[77]/ Paradise (Not For Me)[ 53]/ Impressive Instant[48]/Music[?]/Don't Tell Me[?]

8. Like a Virgin9/10[90%]: Pretender[238]; Stay[243]; Shoo-Bee-Doo[256]; Over and Over[191] / Love Don't Live Here Anymore[144]/ Angel[122]/ Material Girl[107]/ Like A Virgin[59]/Dress You Up[51]/ Into The Groove[?]

9. American Life10/11[90.9%]: I'm So Stupid[134]/ Intervention[120]/ Hollywood[105] /American Life[104] /Love Profusion[98] /X-Static Process[92]/ Mother and Father[80]/ Nobody Knows Me[56]/ Easy Ride[42]/ Nothing Fails[33]/Die Another Day[?]

10. I’m Breathless11/12[91.7%]: I'm Going Bananas[242] / Cry Baby[264]; He's a Man[195] / More[183] / What Can You Lose[173] / Now I'm Following You (Part II) [170] / Now I'm Following You (Part 1)[ 150]/ Something to Remember[139]/Back In Business[135]/ Hanky Panky[116]/ Sooner or Later[91]/ Vogue[?]

11. Rebel Heart23/25[92%]: Autotune Baby[249] / Holy Water[203] / Body Shop[187] / Graffiti Heart[189]/S.E.X.[188] / Illuminati[175] /Queen[142]/ Bitch I'm Madonna (feat. Nicki Minaj)[ 140]/ Veni Vidi Vici (feat. Nas)[ 138]/ Unapologetic Bitch[128]/ Beautiful Scars[117]/Hold Tight[114]/ Borrowed Time[106]/ Best Night[100]/Joan of Arc[99]/Rebel Heart[90]/ Messiah[89]/Iconic (feat. Chance the Rapper & Mike Tyson)[ 85]/ Wash All Over Me[74]/ Inside Out[65]/ Addicted[44]/HeartBreakCity[41]/Devil Pray[40]/Living For Love[?]/Ghosttown[?]

12. Something to Remember8/8[100%]: One More Chance[224]; Veras[219]/Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Remix)[ 194]/ I'll Remember[118]/ I Want You (Orchestral)[ 86]/ This Used To Be My Playground[63]/ I Want You (with Massive Attack)[ 46]/ You'll See[30]

13. Evita: 4/4[100%]: Another Suitcase in Another Hall[79]/Lament[71] /Don't Cry For Me Argentina[45]/ You Must Love Me[35]

14. MDNA18/18[100%]: Best Friend[247] / Superstar[259] / B-Day Song[267] / Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix)[262] / Some Girls[221] / Give Me All Your Luvin' (feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.)[ 227] / I Fucked Up[181] / Turn Up the Radio[186] / I Don't Give A (feat. Nicki Minaj) [177] / I'm A Sinner[164]/ Love Spent (Acoustic)[ 110]/ Girl Gone Wild[102]/ I'm Addicted[84]/ Beautiful Killer[81]/ Love Spent[73]/ Gang Bang[57]/Falling Free[55]/ Masterpiece[43]

15. Hard Candy13/13[100%]: Incredible[246] / Spanish Lesson[265] / Ring My Bell[225] / Dance 2Night[202] / Candy Shop[185] / Heartbeat[179] / Beat Goes On (feat. Kanye West)[ 141]/ Voices[113] / She's Not Me[112]/ 4 Minutes[109]/ Give It 2 Me[70]/ Miles Away[54]/ Devil Wouldn't Recognize You[49]

16.  Madonna8/8[100%]: I Know It [231]; Think of Me[213]/ Physical Attraction[126]/ Everybody[87]/ Borderline[82]/ Lucky Star[72]/ Burning Up[66]/ Holiday[58]

17. Who’s That Girl4 /4[100%]: Can't Stop [245]/ The Look of Love[108]/ Who's That Girl[76]/ Causing a Commotion[67]

If you also think it should be higher, I agree.

Every now and thenI get a little bit lonelyAnd you're never coming 'round

:suffer:

get together is still safe thank god

Every now and thenI get a little bit nervousThat the best of all the years have gone by :cryin2:

And I need you now tonightAnd I need you more than everAnd if you only hold me tightWe'll be holding on forever :suffer: :suffer:

Another HeartBreakRound... I knew it from the start... baby please don't hurt me

So many beautiful ballads are going. But I knew.

This time I was scared to read....

:rip: :rip:

You'll see: the best empowerment song ever, it is paired now by Living for love.

Promise to try: I think there are many beautiful songs about death of a dear one, but they always say the same things. Take one of the greatest ever, Eric Clapton's Tears in heaven for instance. Madonna's song is so original, so deep, it says so many difficult things about forgetting and remembering. It is so sincere. In a certain way I am only a little unconfortable thinking of the use made in Truth or dare movie: I fear Christopher may be right... Can you show such a intimate moment as the visit to your mother's grave in front of the cameras? Still is one of the most touching scenes in the movie.

You must love me: so simple yet so perfect. The guitar rendition in S&S is simply awesome (even if sometimes it was slightly out of tune :wide-eyes: ). I've covered it many times and I can really feel it.

Spanish eyes: a beautiful songs about war and desaparecidos. One of M's most mature tracks.

Bad Girl: a nice ballad, fits perfectly in Erotica and gives a different side to the album. It would be nice to see it reworked acoustic and not electronic.

I'm in love with... Nothing Fails: one of the most underrated singles, not to make a proper video was a crime. But Madonna made a lot of mistakes in American Life promotion, and after the video withdrawn she seemed to have lost faith in the video format.... Also Hollywood and Love profusion are not that interesting. The original AL is pure perfection :clap:

Let It Will Be: I'm still confused with the title...

Deeper and Deeper: maybe Shep Pettibone was right and the Spanish break makes no sense, but it sounds so nice! And the Vogue citation is easy and cheesy but we all love it! And M knows it, so she reused the idea in Holy Water.... ooops!

:Madonna053:

I would have liked to hear Nothing really matters in the new tour, there were so many indiscretions about it being rehearsed... remember some posts a little too offensive? :mama010:

Yet the idea of the song is better explained in Drowned World and Rebel Heart, imo...