Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

36 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I always hated that cover. When I think of how many Amazing pictures came from the Ray Of Light era. Honestly a video still would have been better. It' so Meh..and the font is gross. 

I kinda agree. The font is almost unreadable especially the tracklist and production staff. Even though I like the photo used, Madonna looks like she's having a seizure on it. :Madonna024:

Be interested to hear what people think…

Do you reckon that Warner will ever release a Complete Singles Collection for Madonna?

And if they did, do you reckon it would be US singles only? Meaning no Gambler, The Look of Love, Dear Jessie, One More Chance, Drowned World, etc. 

I don’t know how many CDs it would take to accommodate the shortest edit of every single at this point, but as vinyl seems to be the priority format now for raking in money from collectors I would imagine that viability on the vinyl format would be the key decider. It would definitely take a lot more than the twelve discs of Finally Enough Love box set and cost a lot more too. 

Even if the physical copies on vinyl were   v expensive and limited if need be, I still think that such a project would be a great thing for her streaming channels. At least then we would have  all of her singles consistently mastered at the same levels. Much better experience for  listening / making playlists on streaming too. Ideally all in Dolby Atmos to get the release mentioned by music blogs rounding up the best back catalogue tracks in the format, flagged up by Apple Music for being in the format, etc.

As her hits from American Life onwards had never got their own dedicated hits collection, a GHV3(?!), it’s really noticeable that a lot of the singles like American Life never got to appear on a singles collection… until Finally Enough Love, which isn’t quite the same thing but as it stand is as close at will get for some songs. 

I think that even if a new greatest hits compilation is released around the tour (or more likely Celebration is reissued on vinyl), it will just be another non chronological jumble with the same songs being excluded yet again. 

A complete singles collection is the only way that tracks like Angel are ever going to be acknowledged again as part of her Charts history.

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Prayer said:

"The Power Of Good-Bye" digital single coming at midnight, as said above. Artwork and tracklist:

power.thumb.jpg.c74d3fb33915aa858d04b2402b9a4e1d.jpg

1. The Power Of Good-Bye
2. The Power Of Good-Bye (Dallas Austin Low End Mix)
3. The Power Of Good-Bye (Slater's Super Luper Mix Version)
4. The Power Of Good-Bye (Fabien's Good God Mix Version)
5. The Power Of Good-Bye (Slater's Filtered Mix Version)

Anything missing? Apart from a better and cleaner upscaled cover.

R they remastered/different sound than the CDSingle?

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"The Power" digital single promo on her stories:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/madonna/3196914779801029163/

Looks like we won't get the upscaled HD video for this one either?

Can some rip it or tell me what is in it?Stupid Instagram wont let me see it and I am not interested in installing that crap

On 9/9/2023 at 3:03 PM, Would You Like To Try said:

@bertrandi have a question

on a site that has the remixology which apparently is yours it says that there is a mp3 file of the Hollywood Deepsky Vocal Mix that exists but isn’t confirmed to be real.
could you share the file with us?

thanks

There's only the two versions listed. Check my forum signature for a link to the up to date version.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Looks like we won't get the upscaled HD video for this one either?

What the fuck is going on here?  So m any digital singles, but no upgrade to the video. If any video that deserves an HD... no better yet a 4K treatment is The Power of Goodbye.  And while I'm at it with my meltdown, can I say, it's a fucking shame that something bigger didn't come with the ROL 25th Anniversary?  

"Okay, I'm done!" - Madonna (at the end of the Virgin Tour Home video release).

Just now, McDonna said:

What the fuck is going on here?  So m any digital singles, but no upgrade to the video. If any video that deserves an HD... no better yet a 4K treatment is The Power of Goodbye.  And while I'm at it with my meltdown, can I say, it's a fucking shame that something bigger didn't come with the ROL 25th Anniversary?  

It's a shame they've stopped upgrading the videos. "The Power" in particular needs a great HD version, it's her 14th most watched video on YouTube.

Wonder if they have some plan to upgrade a bunch of them with the tour or something (I doubt it, but...).

26 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Maybe her team's aware some of us aren't fond to consider what they offer as "upscales" proper ones so they've even stopped caring about them.

Just now, Anapausis said:

Maybe her team's aware some of us aren't fond to consider what they offer as "upscales" proper ones so they've even stopped caring about them.

Nah, I think there is so much going on that it's just not always a priority.  I highly doubt they care about how we feel about the upscales since most all other artists that are doing upgrades are cutting corners with these AI upscales, rather going back and doing them properly.

3 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

Japan got that kind of release years ago.....in 90s. They limited every single to two tracks.  Good for collectors, not much for listeners.

That was a lovely looking collectible.

I was thinking of a compilation though.

Often an artist releases a compilation titled “The Singles Collection”, when only a few of their singles were actually significant hits 😆 

But a singles collection for M that collated all her singles chronologically would be valid, instead of another ‘greatest hits’, as some of her singles always get overlooked. 

Kim Wilde issued all of her singles across three CDs a few years ago, plus a b-sides disc, remix disc and promo videos on two DVDs. A comprehensive set with everything related to her singles. An equivalent for Madonna, even without promo videos on DVD and bonus remixes bundled in would be pretty cool. 

IMG_5728.thumb.jpeg.6eb0ae9e3c9ed01a05aa66ecf51860dd.jpeg

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

Nah, I think there is so much going on that it's just not always a priority.  I highly doubt they care about how we feel about the upscales since most all other artists that are doing upgrades are cutting corners with these AI upscales, rather going back and doing them properly.

Hope you're right, I also hope someone linked to Delebarre makes him aware we miss the "upscales" no matter they pass for actual ones or not.

3 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Hope you're right, I also hope someone linked to Delebarre makes him aware we miss the "upscales" no matter they pass for actual ones or not.

More upscales will come.  It's just a busy time of year and so much is happening with her right now. It's just annoying that they don't take the time to add the video along with these anniversary digital/Streaming additions.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW