Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 minute ago, lmvc said:

Why not Drowned World and Power of Goodbye videos in HD???

Apparently 4K videos are in the plan instead

Btw can't wait for Nothing Fails on October 27 most prob

Some promo material such as the radio remix are put in the copyright system

So the tracklist of the EP can not be confirmed as the radio edit is marked as a radio edit too

7 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Apparently 4K videos are in the plan instead

Btw can't wait for Nothing Fails on October 27 most prob

Some promo material such as the radio remix are put in the copyright system

So the tracklist of the EP can not be confirmed as the radio edit is marked as a radio edit too

People will probably get annoyed by this, but I adore the American Life album and Nothing Fails is gorgeous.

But the remixes never did anything for me and I don't think it should've been a single. I had no recollection of it in Aus, I always knew Love Profusion as the fourth single until many years later.

57 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

But Love Profusion IS the fourth single tho? You mean third?

The singles  were:

Die Another Day

American Life

Hollywood 

Love Profusion 

Nothing Fails / Nobody Knows Me 

Mother and Father (club promo only)

Easy Ride (club promo only) 

*I can’t remember if Love Profusion can after Hollywood or after Nothing Fails.

American Life is the anti Madonna album where melody went to die. I was left completely whelmed on the first few listens.

but it is also special because of that. It’s her midlife crisis album. I have warmed to it incredibly over the years. Like Bedtime Story it’s one of her few albums that works better as a whole listen through. It’s greater than the sum of its parts, but I still think the singles run was not representative of the album at all. It looked like she was attacking America rather than analysing herself. 

I still maintain that the title track Hollywood and Die Another Day are severely underwritten or are her most difficult to digest singles up to that point. 

Anyways the remixes for Nothing Fails and Love Profusion were great and can’t wait til they’re available. Nothing Fails, Mother & Father and Nobody Knows Me (Tour version) are career highlights for me and I cry at how they were wasted. Mother & Father should have been a huge single and would have continued that Music album good will. 

So. What are we talking now? Nothing fails. You gotta love AL’Remixes specially LP with edits dubs promo 

there’s a  Jackie promo 8 minutes long   

IMG_0222.thumb.jpeg.bc0e6e4d53beb86e25bf25c1c170d7c9.jpegIMG_0223.thumb.jpeg.e9af3ededf298cc0e61bb3a7b8783018.jpeg

Any who , freedom comes freedom comes freedom comes freedom comes freedom comes freedom comes

Sexy Shake It GIF by Justin Gammon

Edited by VictoriaL7 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Honey Little said:

The singles  were:

Die Another Day

American Life

Hollywood 

Love Profusion 

Nothing Fails / Nobody Knows Me 

Mother and Father (club promo only)

Easy Ride (club promo only) 

*I can’t remember if Love Profusion can after Hollywood or after Nothing Fails.

Die another day is not considered an American life single

5 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Yeah, it’s like saying American Pie was a Music single just because it was tacked into Music the album. 

But at the same time, slapping it into the middle of the album instead of at the end for a deluxe version etc doesn’t help that perception. 

11 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

It is, that's why a remix is included in the lates remix ep. Same for Live To Tell. Both songs are perfect in those two albums, American Pie doesn't and it's at the end of the albun as a bonus track. 

We've been down this road before.  Die Another Day was recorded for the film of the same name.  The intention wasn't to be included on the American Life album, but then it was decided that it would be included being it was a top 10 song, and possibly help sell the album.  It's tricky to specify it as a single from American Life,  yet it was a single and it was included when the album was being put together.  It's included on every version of the album, and Madonna decided to include the song as part of the project.  Unlike American Pie where the song was only included on some international copies without Madonna's approval.  When putting the track listing for Music, American Pie was not part of the album.

17 minutes ago, McDonna said:

We've been down this road before.  Die Another Day was recorded for the film of the same name.  The intention wasn't to be included on the American Life album, but then it was decided that it would be included being it was a top 10 song, and possibly help sell the album. 

Do we have a source for this information?

3 minutes ago, kesiak said:

Do we have a source for this information?

I had thought Madonna had mentioned it in an interview back then, that Die Another Day wasn't originally intended to be included on American Life, but due to its success, they decided to include it as part of the track listing.

Whatever the case, Die Another Day was hardly something tacked on.  Madonna decided to include it on the album, unlike American Pie on Music.

Die Another Day is most certainly a single from American Life. Madonna, the sole producer of the latest American Life remix vinyl, specifically included Die Another Day. I’m with Madonna. Fans can believe whatever they want though. Why should we care about what other fans believe. Freedom of thought. Freedom of expression. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW