Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

39 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well, I'd never accept a Madonna album cover where she looks like a dead woman to open eyes pretending she's alive like it was common to XIX century photographs. I know she was styled as a Portuguese matriarca ("mother-boss") but she didn't need to appear she was just removed from coffin and put to pose to photos as a chance of getting them as her last ones.

Which one are you referring to?

On 2/1/2024 at 6:32 PM, Fabiolous said:

No, I meant the Standard Version one, which is used for all vinyl releases and is Madonna's favourite. The other two were very obviously out together as alternatives. We should have gotten the vinyl cover on Spotify. :Madonna051:

I love the standard version cover.  Because not only does she look like her mother in this picture, she was also channeling Frida Kahlo which she loves.  Also, the "Madame X" as if sewn over her lips, represented being "silenced".  The point was to make a statement with that image, which I guess some people misinterpreted into something more morbid including a few fans.  I love that she can still trigger not only non-fans but some fans as well.  She truly is an artist of her own accord. As much as she loves the attention on her, she is still willing to risk people misrepresenting her intentions to spark conversation.  :luv:

madame-x.jpg

6 hours ago, McDonna said:

I love the standard version cover.  Because not only does she look like her mother in this picture, she was also channeling Frida Kahlo which she loves.  Also, the "Madame X" as if sewn over her lips, represented being "silenced".  The point was to make a statement with that image, which I guess some people misinterpreted into something more morbid including a few fans.  I love that she can still trigger not only non-fans but some fans as well.  She truly is an artist of her own accord. As much as she loves the attention on her, she is still willing to risk people misrepresenting her intentions to spark conversation.  :luv:

madame-x.jpg

Yes, this is obviously the picture Madonna chose for the album and the "main" cover. There are too many details for it not to be the case. The cover with the guitar is also good but quite simple and plain and the Martha Graham one is awful (and they had so many beautiful pictures from that session too)

madame-x.thumb_webp.1a7060ce3ef2994d3769733c957d8460

Madame x is one of her best album...... a real piece of art...... so sad it sell so low.....

the cover is just the perfection.........

Madonna celebrate this year her 40 years in the music industry but listening to this album and seeing the amazing cover you can understand how Madonna is still full of ispiration and visions ...... like someone who just start her journey in this industry..... like someone in her 20s.......

can't wait for her next album.......

it will be another amazing piece of art.......

Madame x forever!!!!

5 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Yes, this is obviously the picture Madonna chose for the album and the "main" cover. There are too many details for it not to be the case. The cover with the guitar is also good but quite simple and plain and the Martha Graham one is awful (and they had so many beautiful pictures from that session too)

I get what she was going for with this cover - it had great potential as an idea. It's the poor use of digital effects which make it weak in my opinion. There was really no need to make her eyes that blue colour when her own aquamarine colour is so unique to her. Madame X on her lips using some skilled sfx makeup technique instead of just a graphic across her lips would have been truly poignant, the way they did it makes it look like an afterthought. And the typeface used for her name is unworthy of the name it spells. 

The other covers also have flaws, but I'll take the blonde cover as my best of the 3.

5 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

I get what she was going for with this cover - it had great potential as an idea. It's the poor use of digital effects which make it weak in my opinion. There was really no need to make her eyes that blue colour when her own aquamarine colour is so unique to her. Madame X on her lips using some skilled sfx makeup technique instead of just a graphic across her lips would have been truly poignant, the way they did it makes it look like an afterthought. And the typeface used for her name is unworthy of the name it spells. 

The other covers also have flaws, but I'll take the blonde cover as my best of the 3.

My coupla cents about the palette colour choice for this cover:

23 hours ago, Anapausis said:

the color palette resembles the way b&w/sepia photographs were colored way back in the past.

As it seems to have been intentional to show Madonna as a classic matriarca portuguesa from the times Portugal was a monarchy instead of a republic (pre-early XX century) - inarguably the best times for this country to several metrics.

3 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

The standard version of Madame X and the deluxe version of Rebel heart are top tier Madonna album covers, up there with True Blue and Ray of light.

Season 13 Period GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

We love a CONFIDENT MADONNA STAN!!!

Seriously, it's everything M expects from us fans - to be ultimately CONFIDENT AND FEARLESS.

(No I won't tag schöner, promised him)

7 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I love the standard version and the deluxe version. I think they both are beautiful.  The standard is most definitely more artsy and everything was intentional, including down to the color of her eyes.  It's the guitar one that I'm not too keen on.  But I do enjoy the diversity of it.  I just prefer another image with the guitar from this look, rather the one used.

2 hours ago, dave2290 said:

madame-x.thumb_webp.1a7060ce3ef2994d3769733c957d8460

Madame x is one of her best album...... a real piece of art...... so sad it sell so low.....

the cover is just the perfection.........

Madonna celebrate this year her 40 years in the music industry but listening to this album and seeing the amazing cover you can understand how Madonna is still full of ispiration and visions ...... like someone who just start her journey in this industry..... like someone in her 20s.......

can't wait for her next album.......

it will be another amazing piece of art.......

Madame x forever!!!!

I love your post.  I agree with everything you posted here. Well said!! :luv:

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

The standard version of Madame X and the deluxe version of Rebel heart are top tier Madonna album covers, up there with True Blue and Ray of light.

Season 13 Period GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

LOL!  I agree here!  Though, I would add that I do love the look of the standard version of RH as well as the deluxe version of MX.  I think they all are great, but as I stated the standard version of MX is more artsy and I feel she's making more of a statement with it, then the other covers.

On 1/30/2024 at 12:07 PM, Bjonkers said:

None that I can see on Discogs... Do you have a link? The only different cover I could see was the single cassette which featured just one Madonna.

It looks like the correct cover is used on the streaming services (I checked Spotify and Qobuz). The incorrect cover, where she's looking in the other direction, seems to be limited to that Tweet.

If i remember correctly, the Madame X guitar cover was the first one we got. The other two seem to have a different concept than this one which is just Portugal, they seem to aknowledge her mothers, her real mother mixed with Frida Khalo as her Art mother just like Martha Graham.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW