Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

49 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I'm glad that they did this tracklist and used the UK cover exactly how I wanted! YESSSS 

I thought we were getting the US Maxi with the us cover and a nasty mislabel but no we got all in lossless and digital!

What mislabel?

I absolutely would have preferred the one with the Rain still over the image with the sleepy eye taken two years prior to the single. But I am not complaining cause thankfully, that's the cover that is being used in my private Madonna collection! :smile:

These are the single releases we can probably expect this year.

MARCH

Live To Tell - March 26, 1986

APRIL

Angel / Into The Groove - April 10, 1985

MAY

-

JUNE (Those dates fall on a Friday each)

This Used To Be My Playground - June 16, 1992
Who's That Girl - June 23, 1987
Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986 June 30 is the True Blue anniversary

JULY

Into The Groove - July 15, 1985 Fully expecting this one to be merged with Angel
Dress You Up - July 24, 1985

AUGUST

Cherish - August 1, 1989
Causing A Commotion - August 25, 1987

SEPTEMBER

Holiday - September 7, 1983

OCTOBER

True Blue - October 9, 1986 (US)
Die Another Day - October 22, 2002
Like A Virgin - October 31, 1984

NOVEMBER

Open Your Heart - November 12, 1986

DECEMBER

-

I'm not expecting these singles to appear on streaming anytime soon unless they find a way to squeeze them in or make their trackless more "consumer-friendly".

• Crazy For You
  • One More Chance
  • Another Suitcase In Another Hall
  • Oh Father
  • You Must Love Me
  • The Look Of Love
  • Dear Jessie

2 minutes ago, MPowered said:

These are the single releases we can probably expect this year.

MARCH

Live To Tell - March 26, 1986

APRIL

Angel / Into The Groove - April 10, 1985

MAY

-

JUNE (Those dates fall on a Friday each)

This Used To Be My Playground - June 16, 1992
Who's That Girl - June 23, 1987
Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986 June 30 is the True Blue anniversary

JULY

Into The Groove - July 15, 1985 Fully expecting this one to be merged with Angel
Dress You Up - July 24, 1985

AUGUST

Cherish - August 1, 1989
Causing A Commotion - August 25, 1987

SEPTEMBER

Holiday - September 7, 1983

OCTOBER

True Blue - October 9, 1986 (US)
Die Another Day - October 22, 2002
Like A Virgin - October 31, 1984

NOVEMBER

Open Your Heart - November 12, 1986

DECEMBER

-

I'm not expecting these singles to appear on streaming anytime soon unless they find a way to squeeze them in or make their trackless more "consumer-friendly".

• Crazy For You
  • One More Chance
  • Another Suitcase In Another Hall
  • Oh Father
  • You Must Love Me
  • The Look Of Love
  • Dear Jessie

Just out of curiosity...what is the point with the true blue singles if they're all on the deluxe album already? Minus Aint No Big Deal...same with Cherish...don't throw rocks at me lol

8 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Dunno where to put this, but if anyone is interested 'Celebration' has re-entered the album chart in the UK at Number 79. The first time it's been in the chart since 2018 🙂

All due to the vinyl repress???

Wonder if it will chart on ARIA too next week since it got sold out too on WMA webstore.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Just out of curiosity...what is the point with the true blue singles if they're all on the deluxe album already? Minus Aint No Big Deal...same with Cherish...don't throw rocks at me lol

They don't seem to care whether they are pointless or not. See: Material Girl single release this year.

The current anniversary editions for Like A Prayer and True Blue are likely to disappear anyway once the new re-releases are starting to happen. All of the True Blue singles have at least one version or song on the singles that are, so far, exclusive to them.

51 minutes ago, MPowered said:

They don't seem to care whether they are pointless or not. See: Material Girl single release this year.

The current anniversary editions for Like A Prayer and True Blue are likely to disappear anyway once the new re-releases are starting to happen. All of the True Blue singles have at least one version or song on the singles that are, so far, exclusive to them.

Interesting 

9 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I did not know the alternate single version of I'll Remember, i really like it.

How i mss those soundtrack songs she used to release in between projects...

We had popular and it's STILL going.  Vinyl is up for pre order -- 

also has anyone gotten a shipment notification from the US store ? I bought celebration the day it went up and haven't gotten anything since 

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

You keep repeating “Like A Prayer 30th” and “True Blue 35th” will eventually be take down but there are three different versions of the “True Blue” album currently on Spotify, two of the “Celebration” deluxe edition…

So those two anniversary editions are not going anywhere.

If anything, the digital singles left and/or any future new editions-reissues will be added.

Let’s keep in mind Warner don’t usually delete stuff after is released. All the “Finally Enough Love” pre-release singles are still available as separate singles, even though there’s no need for them now, since they’re all on the full album anyway. But usually with Warner, once something is out, is out. They don’t care much afterwards or take forever to make changes.

8 hours ago, steady75 said:

Live To Tell and Into The Groove back to back next. My two fave Madonna songs coming in quick succession. I know that’s right 

I would say Angel/Into the groove as the Bad girl/Fever release. Into the groove was a European release, so I guess it will only come with the Angel single which has the 12", 7" mix versions...

11 hours ago, Prayer said:

You keep repeating “Like A Prayer 30th” and “True Blue 35th” will eventually be take down but there are three different versions of the “True Blue” album currently on Spotify, two of the “Celebration” deluxe edition…

So those two anniversary editions are not going anywhere.

If anything, the digital singles left and/or any future new editions-reissues will be added.

Let’s keep in mind Warner don’t usually delete stuff after is released. All the “Finally Enough Love” pre-release singles are still available as separate singles, even though there’s no need for them now, since they’re all on the full album anyway. But usually with Warner, once something is out, is out. They don’t care much afterwards or take forever to make changes.

Thank you very much, my friend; btw I will be forever an advocate to both charming covers to these very special editions.

Schöner needs to finally learn "beauty's where you find it."

And my love'n'support for the 30th LAP edition is

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

Thank you very much, my friend; btw I will be forever an advocate to both charming covers to these very special editions.

I blasted this song last night during Shabbat Kabalat!

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

There is no beauty in this abomination.

6 hours ago, Erotico said:

I would say Angel/Into the groove as the Bad girl/Fever release. Into the groove was a European release, so I guess it will only come with the Angel single which has the 12", 7" mix versions...

I have a feeling they might want to give ITG its own release due to the iconic nature of the song in her catalogue, so two short eps might be what we get for these singles:

Into The Groove - 1. main version, 2. video edit, 3. Everybody (4:57 version), 4. Shoo-be-doo.

Angel - 1. Album version (2024 remaster), 2. Extended Dance Mix, 3. Dance Mix edit

12 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

I have a feeling they might want to give ITG its own release due to the iconic nature of the song in her catalogue, so two short eps might be what we get for these singles:

Into The Groove - 1. main version, 2. video edit, 3. Everybody (4:57 version), 4. Shoo-be-doo.

Angel - 1. Album version (2024 remaster), 2. Extended Dance Mix, 3. Dance Mix edit

Into the groove may end up being

1. Original version

2. Immaculate collection version

3. Shep Pettibone Extended (YCD)

4. Shoo-be-doo

3 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Is I'll Remember the theme from the album With Honours, the one that is now on Spotify, the same version on Something To Remember album? They are different lengths albeit a few seconds.

They're basically the same, yeah. The "STR" album version is just a little bit louder and "fuller" in sound (probably from when the full album was mastered together), but nothing too different, they're the same.

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

They're basically the same, yeah. The "STR" album version is just a little bit louder and "fuller" in sound (probably from when the full album was mastered together), but nothing too different, they're the same.

The Something To Remember version fades out at 4:21 and the One on Spotify fades out at 4:19 :hyper:

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW