MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're only gonna get a Tik Tok of David dancing to Holiday wearing the original Maripol's Like A Virgin cover wedding dress and fans will have a meltdown because it's two different eras but some (me) will see it as hint we're gonna get both expanded deluxe remastered albums at the same time in the fourth quarter of the year.

8 hours ago, mancandy said:

My confusion on the MX Tour is if it had been under the the Warner deal, I think they would have put it under their own streaming service (HBO Max at the time) instead of on Paramount+/MTV. It would make 0 sense to farm it out to a competing service (and initially it was rumored to be going to Netflix).

Is the deal for just music and not video? Did the streaming rights happen before the Warner deal was finalized, but then they got to distribute the album since that would be a separate situation? Why not just go with the Warner streaming service when she was in the midst of embarking on this huge deal with? HBO Max didn't even seem to be in the running when streamers were being rumored.

The music release surely was a last minute thing. She had secured the film rights with Paramount+, remember there was talking of it being with Netflix and the film being more documentary-type, not just the concert. Then according to rumors the Netflix deal fell off, cause they wanted too many changes (she ended up shooting more closeups in 2021) and cut some parts ("My Dark Ballet, not yours!") and she just said "fuck it" and then found another deal with Paramount.

I guess when the time came for the film to come out, she was already back to Warner and the option to release the music version with them seemed logical, especially back then when it was just a digital release, easy and convenient (now we'll have the vinyl next month, too).

It says "View the remastered videos on youtube"... Could it be that we'll get "Burning up" and "Lucky star" too??? Or that we only have to watch "Everybody" and "Borderline"? :P

Hope that if they upload the "Lucky star" single they upload the right 7'' edit and not "The immaculate collection" one or things like that.

24 minutes ago, scamper said:

It says "View the remastered videos on youtube"... Could it be that we'll get "Burning up" and "Lucky star" too??? Or that we only have to watch "Everybody" and "Borderline"? :P

Hope that if they upload the "Lucky star" single they upload the right 7'' edit and not "The immaculate collection" one or things like that.

I hope they upload it in the lowest possible quality for a real 'oldschool' experience :Madonna001:

On 7/25/2023 at 12:47 PM, musicinferno said:
41 minutes ago, Dance_Freak said:

OK, now I am pretty sure there is no reissues coming at all.

The whole Warner Records back catalogue campaign is just about the digital singles releases.

End of. 

It’s great that Lucky Star is getting added to streaming, but surely that can’t be all that is going to be released this week. We have waited patiently for the album reissues. I’ve enjoyed the “special releases” that we have had and FEL, but the real deal here that every fan is interested in is the album reissues. 

it makes perfect sense to release the debut album as the first reissue as it is connected to the 40th anniversary. Madonna is one of a kind in that she is still a successful artist all these years later and that deserves to be a massive celebration. I’m inclined to believe that if nothing is mentioned tomorrow regarding the first album reissue that the original plans have changed. It’s been two years since the press release. At this point you would expect a press release tomorrow announcing the merchandise that is going to mark her 40 years. It’s the ideal opportunity. 

I have to say. With Everybody, Borderline, Lucky Star and Burning up & Physical Attraction edits and remixes all out there on digital. What exactly the fuck are we even expecting for an Anniversary Edition in terms of expanded content at this point? 

I mean... There's fuck all left really. Holiday versions are all on streaming already huh? Couple of dubs of Everybody and the UK mixes. 

Where's the content mama. 

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I have to say. With Everybody, Borderline, Lucky Star and Burning up & Physical Attraction edits and remixes all out there on digital. What exactly the fuck are we even expecting for an Anniversary Edition in terms of expanded content at this point? 

I mean... There's fuck all left really. Holiday versions are all on streaming already huh? Couple of dubs of Everybody and the UK mixes. 

It really depends on how deep she wants to go. Just the album demos and "Ain't No Big Deal" would be something. But of course there are also all the countless Pre-Madonna demos, I don't know if she wants to use them but if there's a place where they could fit, apart from a rarities album of course, it would be here. They're part of the journey to the debut album.

26 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Unreleased Songs and Demos:Madonna014:

It would just be nice to have a boxset that has everything from that album in one box. Album remastered, Everybody, Burning Up, Lucky Star, Borderline and Holiday remixes. 7” and 12” edits/remixes. Demos. A nice hardback book with photos from the era and write ups. DVD with music video’s remastered and interviews and performances

Just now, RyanUK said:

A nice hardback book with photos from the era and write ups. DVD with music video’s remastered and interviews and performances

This would be super cool. I want this type of box set for all her albums too though :drama: I'll feel so incomplete if it's only for a few of them and not all 14.