MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

Oh my High Heavens thanx Rhino for the subject of our current discussion, it could've been so much better but talking about AL holographic sleeves which don't fit in is beyond fun!!! Would love finally Get Up Lisbon 4K (or what they think it's 4K) BD release but what we got is wonderful!!!

Btw: has anyone an eye on PopJustice to check out if TPOG notorious remixes are actually coming this 22??? Hope they also fix the unexcusable fail on original release dates...

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Btw: has anyone an eye on PopJustice to check out if TPOG notorious remixes are actually coming this 22??? Hope they also fix the unexcusable fail on original release dates...

This is the last call to reissue an old single before release of the new one that will promote the Celebration Tour. I wonder if they put the song or mix on the Release Radar?

Usually they don't mix physical releases with digital singles and the "Madame X Tour" vinyl is coming this Friday. Also, there's the rumored completely new song coming soon as well.

"Power" and "Don't Tell Me" are definitely coming at some point cause they're copyrighted on YouTube. They could be low-key releases in the middle of the week like "Lucky Star" or take the Friday spots in the next few weeks - or even after the tour has started.

8 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

This is the last call to reissue an old single before release of the new one that will promote the Celebration Tour. I wonder if they put the song or mix on the Release Radar?

It seems the other ones are copyrighted

And if they are not putting Nothing Fails on streaming they better have a better single coming soon

Cher has announced a 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition of her groundbreaking dance album, Believe, featuring the iconic title track, “Strong Enough,” “All or Nothing,” "Dov'è l'amore" and more! This 3-LP set includes the timeless original album plus two LPs of newly remastered electrifying remixes from the era, compiled together for the first time. Pressed on three unique Clear, Sea Blue & Light Blue LPs, this limited-edition box also contains an exclusive numbered lithograph. 

Believe_LPBox-D2C_2000x.jpg?v=1695090860

what is stopping M apart from the tour and a refusal before now to look back and celebrate her legacy

8 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Cher has announced a 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition of her groundbreaking dance album, Believe, featuring the iconic title track, “Strong Enough,” “All or Nothing,” "Dov'è l'amore" and more! This 3-LP set includes the timeless original album plus two LPs of newly remastered electrifying remixes from the era, compiled together for the first time. Pressed on three unique Clear, Sea Blue & Light Blue LPs, this limited-edition box also contains an exclusive numbered lithograph. 

what is stopping M apart from the tour and a refusal before now to look back and celebrate her legacy

Great looking but we all know if M releases just the remastered album and all the remixes and that's it... with no unreleased content or nothing "new"... there will be meltdowns.

46 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Great looking but we all know if M releases just the remastered album and all the remixes and that's it... with no unreleased content or nothing "new"... there will be meltdowns.

Maybe she will do it better than Cher? We never know. Meltdowns gonna happen regardless of content included in reissues. 

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Why must she do what everyone else is doing?  Everyone and their dog are releasing these anniversary box sets and colored vinyls, and while I wouldn't mind them from Madonna, but as @Prayerstated, fans would have meltdowns if she released what other artists are releasing. It's never enough. 

My take; Madonna isn't interested in adding to the original album.  It possibly will happen eventually, but maybe she just doesn't want a zillion different versions of her albums out there, taking away from the original.  But as said, there is no way M's fan base would accept a box set from Madonna like Chers or most any other artist that has released such.  And some can keep bringing up Prince and all his zillion of demos/unreleased material, but Madonna doesn't have such. Pretty much everything she's recorded has leaked.  Prince either was in the studio or touring.  That man shelved so much stuff, that his estate can release unreleased material for decades if they want.  That will never happen with Madonna. Other than a few of the known unreleased tracks like "Warning Signs" and Like A Prayer unreleased material, there isn't much more that we don't know of or have already.  So even if she does release her demos (which have leaked), it still won't make fans happy. 

Frankly, I'm super tired of waiting for these upcoming (LOL sure..) special editions... It'll be nice if we get some new unreleased music sooner rather than later, but other than that, I wouldn't mind if we had to wait until she's no longer working on new projects /retired for good or (Goddess forbid) when she is no longer with us.

There's a joke to be made with wainting/hesitating here but I'm tired... :Madonna031:

12 hours ago, Prayer said:

Trust me, if the first reissue comes, it is going to be pretty similar. 

Demos, unreleased /rare tracks etc. This is just a wet dream of few fans here

17 hours ago, McDonna said:

Why must she do what everyone else is doing?  Everyone and their dog are releasing these anniversary box sets and colored vinyls, and while I wouldn't mind them from Madonna, but as @Prayerstated, fans would have meltdowns if she released what other artists are releasing. It's never enough. 

My take; Madonna isn't interested in adding to the original album.  It possibly will happen eventually, but maybe she just doesn't want a zillion different versions of her albums out there, taking away from the original.  But as said, there is no way M's fan base would accept a box set from Madonna like Chers or most any other artist that has released such.  And some can keep bringing up Prince and all his zillion of demos/unreleased material, but Madonna doesn't have such. Pretty much everything she's recorded has leaked.  Prince either was in the studio or touring.  That man shelved so much stuff, that his estate can release unreleased material for decades if they want.  That will never happen with Madonna. Other than a few of the known unreleased tracks like "Warning Signs" and Like A Prayer unreleased material, there isn't much more that we don't know of or have already.  So even if she does release her demos (which have leaked), it still won't make fans happy. 

That’s not strictly true. I agree a lot of her demos have leaked, but no one knows what else she has in her archives. Case in point, when she was writing the script for the biopic there was a video that she shared on Instagram of her listening to some demos from her pre fame sessions and we had never heard of them. She won’t have nearly as many demos as Prince, but I would bet there are a fair few that have not leaked. Plus, it would be nice to have the songs that have leaked polished up and sounded great. 

20 hours ago, McDonna said:

@Prayerstated, Other than a few of the known unreleased tracks like "Warning Signs" and Like A Prayer unreleased material, there isn't much more that we don't know of or have already.  So even if she does release her demos (which have leaked), it still won't make fans happy. 

I would definitely love mastered versions of songs like Like a Flower, Revenge, Nothing Lasts Forever, Heaven, and Queen..  And the mastered acoustic demos of songs like Miles Away and Joan of Arc (far superior to the released version).  Alternate lyric versions exist like Music, Get Together,0 and Sorry.   And to have them on streaming......  mmmm mmmm mmmm.

8 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I would definitely love mastered versions of songs like Like a Flower, Revenge, Nothing Lasts Forever, Heaven, and Queen..  And the mastered acoustic demos of songs like Miles Away and Joan of Arc (far superior to the released version).  Alternate lyric versions exist like Music, Get Together,0 and Sorry.   And to have them on streaming......  mmmm mmmm mmmm.

Yeah, but I really don't think we will get any of these on "landmark reissues", to be honest. Original tracks, unheard remixes, polished demos, unreleased tracks, alternate lyrics version etc. that's simply a lot to ask for a reissue. It would mean a reissue spanning on 5cds (and 10 vinyls). Let's be realistic, that is not gonna happen for sure. 

Alternate lyrics version and all this stuff.. Maybe, once she is gone (don't mean it wrong, only as a pure fact) and Warner would like to milk her legacy completely. 

But for now, the best we can hope for is something similar to Cher - Believe deluxe boxset, maybe with one or two unreleased tracks and remix included. 

17 minutes ago, deathproof said:

If Warner is doing it for other artists and bands, I don't see why they cant with Madonna.

Probably because other fan bases don't buy over and over again the same album just because it has a different color. They sell holographic covers and fans go crazy buying them (and for a expensive price thinking that is just a piece of cardboard) so, why do they need to look for unrealeased demos, remixes, clean them, remaster (or master) them, pay for a new design, and all the things they have to do to make it "perfect"?

On the other hand... I was thinking the other day... For example, with the first album... The legend says that Madonna was upset with Steve Bray when he released "Pre-Madonna"... I can see her saying "We won't added "Ain't no big deal" to "Madonna" reedition just because I don't want to pay him the rights of the song".