MEGARATE: MDNA era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

10 hours ago, Curtains said:

#1 – Love Spent

V9TNKhe.png

- Average Rate : 8,59 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @Foreigner, @Andreo, @poodle, @gst6662000, @PanditaRulez, @panosgk )

- Lowest Rate : 4 ( @Fontainebleau )

Wow, I didn't expect that! So happy!

I believe that this excellent song summarizes the Ritchie-years, that's why is the best in her "divorce" album. The use of the banjo as a country reference (Music), the title (Love Spent) in juxtaposition to Love Profusion (AL), the Hung Up sample (COAD) and an intro that resembles Miles Away (HC).

Once again, thank you so much @Curtains for your hard work!

Edited by panosgk (see edit history)

5 hours ago, panosgk said:

I believe that this excellent song summarizes the Ritchie-years, that's why is the best in her "divorce" album. The use of the banjo as a country reference (Music), the title (Love Spent) in juxtaposition to Love Profusion (AL), the Hung Up sample (COAD) and an intro that resembles Miles Away (HC).

This is so true!!! Wasn't my #1 but my #3 & I totally agree with that analysis. Always had those vibes when I heard it.

Thank you @Curtains 💕 this was a very interesting Megarate.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic

I hate that I forgot to vote again...I had all my votes prepared but forgot to send them off.

Anyway, pretty happy with the top 7. I forgot to vote unfortunately. I also don't think Masterpiece is all that. Best Friend is more interesting and less generic imo.

My personal ranking would be:

1. I'm Addicted
  2. Gang Bang
  3. Beautiful Killer
  4. Falling Free
  5. Girl Gone Wild
  6. Love Spent (the album version is absolutely dreadful but the acoustic version would probably beat every song from this crap album)
  7. Best Friend
  8. Masterpiece
  9. Some Girls (This song is loud and noisy and her vocals are lifeless, but the song isn't that terrible overall. The bridge is the best part).
  10. I'm a Sinner (Did we need another Beautiful Stranger remake that came 10 years too late? No.)
  11. Turn Up the Radio (Childish, generic and bland)
  12. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Up to that point, her worst lead single. The song that single-handedly any reputation she had left.)
  13. I Fucked Up (This sounds like a song written by a 4th grader who is crying about their first crush)
  14. I Don't Give A (This is like an extended version of the American Life rap with a melodramatic chorus and awful production)
  15. Bidet Song (No words for this dreadful piece of shit of a song)
  16. Supershit (In her top 5 worst songs ever)

MDNA could have been a solid 10 track album if it wasn't for all the songs that rank below #10. I'm really intrigued to her her version of the song "Kids" that was rejected by Kelis.

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

MDNA could have been a solid 10 track album if it wasn't for all the songs that rank below #10. I'm really intrigued to her her version of the song "Kids" that was rejected by Kelis.

From what I know it was submitted to her but she never recorded it. The only outtake from that era that I'm aware of is a song called Your Name (and Bang Bang Boom if you consider it a separate song from Gang Bang).

7 minutes ago, Levon said:

The whole album reminds me of one of my best summers ever, so I didn't give any song 1,2 or 3 points. I ignore B-Day Song's lyrics and love its 60s retro sound - it is what it is: I like the song a lot.

Kidding! 😁 actually me too MDNA holds special place in my heart. 2012 was the year I finally saw her LIVE & it was on my birthday week! 😌😎 never forget! 

On 7/26/2022 at 2:58 PM, Curtains said:

#6 – Falling Free

tm8a3f8.jpg

- Average Rate : 7,54 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @musicinferno, @Ayham, @chaosmen1984mk, @mikenmark )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @Robertthenurse )

Am I seeing right? I can't believe that Falling Free finished a mediocre sixth place when it should have been, if not first, then at least in the top three. Apparently good taste is exclusive to a few because I don't understand how little fans appreciate this beautiful song that personally, despite the fact that the lyrics have nothing to do with it, transports me to the past, a time definitely better than now where these electronic devices did not exist that have altered our lives so much in the bad sense of the word, dehumanizing us and literally turning us into slaves to them because we are always aware of social networks, stupid and ridiculous Tiktok videos or Internet trends , where apparently we are gathered among friends but everyone is in their own world busy with their cell phones.

Where there was not so much pollution or so much overpopulation that the planet can no longer deal with so much depredation of its natural resources to satisfy a consuming society to the extreme and where the day will come when the planet decides to teach us a lesson for our selfishness, I would not want specify how not to hurt susceptibilities but we should be more responsible with this world and value it more because it is the only place we have to live and where our descendants will live and better not continue otherwise it would occupy the entire page and that is not the purpose of the post but hey, that's what makes me feel when listening to this beautiful song Falling Free, maybe it's Madonna's way of singing or the music but it would have been perfect if the lyrics also talked about this social issue and not about the boring and vomiting theme of love and romance that both have me fed up.