The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

15 hours ago, dankpepe said:

Eh, I think there will be curve balls thrown in and some unexpected reinventions mixed in with just updated album versions of the greatest hits. I doubt she's just going to be vanilla and give us basically The Immaculate Collection album versions.

I would expect 1-2 totally unexpected hits to please the die-hard fans as a surprise.

By vanilla I meant her choice of hit songs. It will probably be the hits that have been on her previous tours. Of course, they will be reinvented.

I also hope she will add some unexpected hits. And she will probably be selfish, and add non-hits (or album tracks) like Candy Shop or Human Nature.

She is very stingy when it comes to forgotten hits. On Madame X she finally delivered Rescue Me, but it was an interlude. I didn't mind it being  an interlude,  but most of it being moaning was a letdown. And it deserved to be a video interlude.

On Rebel Heart tour she was generous with True Blue and other 80s gems, but Who's That Girl got replaced and LDLHA didn't make the official release. Ironically, those were some of the best moments.

18 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

She said that about Sorry. 

In an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, she stated; "I never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like 'Cherish,' end up being the biggest hits."

She said bad things about LAV, MG, Sorry and Cherish.

It is weird how she dislikes some of her better songs, then she talks about artistic integrity and makes Superstar, Bitch I'm Madonna and Bitch I'm Loca. 

Maybe she doesn't want to perform jolly love songs like Cherish, but she performed True Blue, so everything is possible.

I hope when she selects a show to be filmed for the eventual broadcast it isn't at the end of the tour when her voice is shot and she sounds like a crow (Borderline S&S). Personally I have a feeling she'll chose NYC to film and probably take fotage from other cities if needed.

The original press release states 'The Celebration Tour will take us on Madonna’s artistic journey through four decades and pays respect to the city of New York where her career in music began.' why specifically mention New York?

I only know that this tour will be a success and that Madonna will leave us speechless, either by presenting elaborate and complex choreography, wearing beautiful and elegant costumes or innovating in terms of the use of special effects, so that part where Taylor Swift supposedly jumps into the water and goes swimming during her tour will seem like child's play compared to what Madonna will present to us in a few days.

Madonna is very demanding in every way and only likes to surround herself with highly professional people. That is why I have no fear that this tour will not meet my expectations and like that father who is sure that his son will pass the university entrance exam, I am also sure that Madonna will not disappoint me and that this tour will be so spectacular that it will seem out of this world and that it will serve as an inspiration to other artists for their poor shows. In the end we will all agree that The Celebration Tour will be the best tour of her entire career. I can bet that.

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I hope when she selects a show to be filmed for the eventual broadcast it isn't at the end of the tour when her voice is shot and she sounds like a crow (Borderline S&S). Personally I have a feeling she'll chose NYC to film and probably take fotage from other cities if needed.

The original press release states 'The Celebration Tour will take us on Madonna’s artistic journey through four decades and pays respect to the city of New York where her career in music began.' why specifically mention New York?

Not to say there won't be a show that may have a broadcast/streaming option, but I do recall some talk about her filming the process of this tour, which makes me wonder if she's planning a limited series or documentary for this tour?  I'll be interested to see if this actually happens. 

20 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Yes I think it was around celebration time, does anyone have the article? I always remember and thought no they were 2 of her best 

Yes, it was in 2009 in a ROLLING STONE interview.  It was all said along the quote I posted above, regarding 'Cherish'. She even mentioned feeling "retarded" singing Into the Groove.  Here is the actual quote from the interview:

Did you have the sense that those two songs would become such huge hits?

MADONNA: No. They just resonated with me. I’ve never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I’ve written, like “Cherish” and “Sorry,” a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits. “Into the Groove” is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it.

The two songs the interviewer were referring to is Material Girl and Like A Virgin:

You didn’t write “Material Girl” or “Like a Virgin.” What were your first impressions after you heard those demos?

MADONNA: I liked them both because they were ironic and provocative at the same time but also unlike me. I am not a materialistic person, and I certainly wasn’t a virgin, and, by the way, how can you be like a virgin? I liked the play on words, I thought they were clever. They’re so geeky, they’re cool.

6 hours ago, tscott said:

In an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, she stated; "I never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like 'Cherish,' end up being the biggest hits."

She claims Cherish is a retarded song, but then she sang very retarded songs like Body Shop or Bitch Madonna in RHT or Spanish Lesson in S&S. Sometimes I don't understand Madonna. 

23 minutes ago, lap said:

She claims Cherish is a retarded song, but then she sang very retarded songs like Body Shop or Bitch Madonna in RHT or Spanish Lesson in S&S. Sometimes I don't understand Madonna. 

She hardly thought they were retarded earlier on when they were first released.  I'm sure that grew over time. That said; the other songs you mentioned are your opinion. And while some fans may agree with you, the point is she hasn't sung those songs since, other than "Spanish Lesson" on a random date or two on a following tour.

By the way, Bitch, I'm Madonna is great.  Not everything has to be so serious and complex.  If she's planning to sing it on this new tour, I'll be ecstatic!  

17 minutes ago, tscott said:

She hardly thought they were retarded earlier on when they were first released.  I'm sure that grew over time. That said; the other songs you mentioned are your opinion. And while some fans may agree with you, the point is she hasn't sung those songs since, other than "Spanish Lesson" on a random date or two on a following tour.

By the way, Bitch, I'm Madonna is great.  Not everything has to be so serious and complex.  If she's planning to sing it on this new tour, I'll be ecstatic!  

By the way, Into The Groove, Sorry and Cherish are great.  Not everything has to be so serious and complex.  If she's planning to sing REAL HITS like them on this new tour, I'll be ecstatic!  

On the other hand, if she sings Bitch I'm Madonna, a hit that exists only in her mind, I know it's time to make a break and buy a hot dog while the song is happening. 

6 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I hope so too -  she sometimes has filmed the last shows for the official recording/broadcast when her voice is shot and is more tired Re-Invention and Rebel Heart. I guess the idea is that the last shows will be the best because it will be the most polished as been permed so many times.  I really hope they film at a venue where the audience is good - have a feeling it will be Madison Square Garden though this time. Really hope she gets Jonas to make the official recording and let him do the editing. The last few recordings have had such terrible editing from too many different shows

1 hour ago, lap said:

By the way, Into The Groove, Sorry and Cherish are great.  Not everything has to be so serious and complex.  If she's planning to sing REAL HITS like them on this new tour, I'll be ecstatic!  

On the other hand, if she sings Bitch I'm Madonna, a hit that exists only in her mind, I know it's time to make a break and buy a hot dog while the song is happening. 

Not everything has to be so serious and complex.

Funny, isn't that exactly what I said?  LOL!

FYI, Bitch, I'm Madonna charted on multiple charts throughout the world.  Of course, it may not measure up to the "conventional hit" you have "in your mind", but it's definitely become one of her biggest streaming songs. Not only that, is one of her most recent top streaming and top digital selling songs. It was her last Billboard Hot 100 song before "Popular". 

So you go ahead and "take a break and buy a hot dog".  Your loss!  Myself, "hit" or not, I'm sure if she performs it, it will be quite an event.  Anything she decides to perform doesn't have to be a "hit" to be enjoyed, especially performed "live". 

I can't imagine leaving for anything once a Madonna show starts.  From start to finish, my eyes will be on that stage.  :02:

She just stated that Cherish is one of her biggest hits. She will for sure include it. It was massive. The general public will be very pissed off if she skips it. That’s the type of song the public wants. You guys seem to think she will play songs from MDNA or Madame X. No way. This is a big hits tour. The only big hits of recent times are Bitch I’m Madonna and Give Me All Your Luv’n.

I don't think there will be any songs from Madame X, Rebel Heart or MDNA  - there were no real hits on any of them big enough that the public will be familiar with or even remember (relatively speaking compared to how big her hits were up to 2009) and the last 3 tours were dedicated to each of those albums playing most of the respective album on each of the last 3 tours. Even taking out the last 3 albums she has a such a huge catalogue of smash hit singles to draw from all the albums that preceded them that she will still be spoilt for choice of what to include  

5 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I don't think there will be any songs from Madame X, Rebel Heart or MDNA  - there were no real hits on any of them big enough that the public will be familiar with or even remember (relatively speaking compared to how big her hits were up to 2009) and the last 3 tours were dedicated to each of those albums playing most of the respective album on each of the last 3 tours. Even taking out the last 3 albums she has a such a huge catalogue of smash hit singles to draw from all the albums that preceded them that she will still be spoilt for choice of what to include  

Agree!

58 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

She just stated that Cherish is one of her biggest hits. She will for sure include it. It was massive. The general public will be very pissed off if she skips it. That’s the type of song the public wants. You guys seem to think she will play songs from MDNA or Madame X. No way. This is a big hits tour. The only big hits of recent times are Bitch I’m Madonna and Give Me All Your Luv’n.

She would probably rather die than singing Cherish again 😂

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic