The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

21 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

If anything Madonna’s voice has kinda gone to shits. I assume Donna’s and Nkki’s voices have been better maintained, given that they’re proper vocalists. 

Sad but true. And that was one of the many consequences of her successive touring years in the 2000s and 2010s. Michael Jackson knew this.

28 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It was shocking, actually. It was a very physical show but still.

i have never thought of Madonna as a great live vocalist. She certainly has had some really stand out moments though, but I never have been bothered by her "live" vocals on any tour.  I agree she's had some horrid moments, but I also know even for a great vocalist, it's always hard to maintain a great voice night after night. 

I do agree with that the idea to bring Niki and Donna back, maybe Madonna should be willing to sing live more, rather rely so heavily on backing tracks.  I just hope she brings back a full live band and just sing.  But I guess if fans are not happy when she actually sings live and say she's horrible, I can see she why she wants to hide behind backing tracks.  Again, I just never thought Madonna was a great vocalist, so it never dawned on me to criticize how she sounds live and then have the audacity to criticize her for using backing tracks when her own fans criticize her live singing.  With her live vocals, we have to live with the fact it won't be always the greatest.  :)

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

That's just disguising the fact they have no new rumours because everyone's source Matt Rettenmund posted that he has nothing more to share 

34 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

If anything Madonna’s voice has kinda gone to shits. I assume Donna’s and Nkki’s voices have been better maintained, given that they’re proper vocalists. 

That may be true, but the question is whether their voices would nowadays blend effectively. There's no denying that Madonna has lost a significant part of her head voice due to the natural ageing process. Some voices, with or without training, maintain their high register effortlessly, but Madonna has lost hers. She's heavily relied on backing vocalists and backing tracks in the past to compensate for that loss. It's what gives her voice a youthful and less mature sound when mixed correctly in concert. Apart from a couple of stripped back performances, she's never seemed too keen to embrace her lower voice and I doubt she's willing to do that now. If she really goes through with the "greatest hits" theme, people will want to hear the classics sung in a certain way which begs for a vocal support that lightens and sweetens her sound. I don't think Nicki or Donna would be good choices to achieve this.

18 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

My bet is she's going to get up there and rub the same overt sexuality she was famous for in the 80's and 90's in peoples faces at age 65. It's the same message of the past 10 years or more basically.

I completely agree. These past three years she's continuously referred to her achievements and legacy of sexual liberation and freedom. Considering the backlash she received recently for doing what she's basically done her entire career, I can only see her going even harder for it this time around. This "greatest hits" tour idea sounds pretty tame to me and from what I've read, there seems to be this implicit expectation that she's going to do a family-friendly, crowd-pleasing walk down memory lane. I can't see her being at all interested in that. Given the general public's strong ageist and body-shaming response to her recent projects, appearances and performances, I'm pretty sure whatever she's cooking up is going to be anything but tame.   

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

Her voice and how she does it is directly linked to what she's doing - Sticky and Sweet was probably her worst live vocals ever - 

That album and tour is so alarming! She legit gave no shits about how bad she sounded. She would screech at the top of her lungs and not give a fuck. Kinda iconic :Madonna009:

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Come on, let's be honest. She won't be singing live: her voice will be drowned under backing tracks. When she sang for real in Harlem Dark Ballet sounded very different than MXT. I'll try not to have expectations, because I hope a lot of real instrumentation in a theatre tour, but MXT was probably the lowest point in musical terms.

I have to disagree, Madame X was 100% sung live, at least on the shows I went to. Her performance of Frozen was phenomenal and I thought it was the best she sounded since the Confessions Tour audio. Of course the autotune heavy songs had vocal effects added to them but she was definitely singing live. I also don’t get the hate for the interpretations on that Tour she turned several old hits into beautiful new versions. I will say she sounds worse on the album version than the live shows I saw. That was recorded 2 months after I saw her so who knows. Also Harlem was legit 2 years after the MXT a whole pandemic later. It was a one off performance that she probably only rehearsed once or twice. Something seemed off that night cause we got her singing acapella on instagram a couple nights prior to it and she sounded great and it was definitely unedited. I think at her age nerves are definitely starting to take a toll on her voice. I don’t want to make this a whole age debate on here, but it’s a fact that things about a person change as they age, something like increased nerves is a very real thing. This is all speculation of course but I vaguely remember her saying she gets nervous performing in front of cameras

11 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

This is correct - I know hardcore fans who bought tickets for many shows in Paris and London etc and were displeased with the setlist particularly the extended fado section and were relieved when shows were cancelled and they were refunded etc 

:Madonna002::OML: 

Uh, what did they expect from a tour titled "Madame X", being held in smaller theaters, and with a press release that made it clear she was focusing on the latest album?

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Come on, let's be honest. She won't be singing live: her voice will be drowned under backing tracks. When she sang for real in Harlem Dark Ballet sounded very different than MXT. I'll try not to have expectations, because I hope a lot of real instrumentation in a theatre tour, but MXT was probably the lowest point in musical terms.

Without a doubt you’re right. 

Im not sure why she chose to mime pretty much the entire concert for a theatre show with much less physical demand. Although I was listening to a boot the other day and it’s interesting how LAP was so heavily mixed,  she was completely off key and then you could literally hear a pitch perfect studio track (identical to the film) take over in places. 

Frozen however is auto tuned, just not robotic stylised auto tune… she was singing live but with very very heavy pitch correction. 

However, we all know the Live/Playback balance shifts a lot tour too tour… DWT mostly live, RIT about 1:4. Pre rec,  CT some shows around 1/3 prerecorded, some shows 1/4… S&S mostly live…. MDNA 1/3 playback… 

I feel this tour will be much less physical so let’s wait and see. 

3 minutes ago, scion said:

Without a doubt you’re right. 

Im not sure why she chose to mime pretty much the entire concert for a theatre show with much less physical demand. Although I was listening to a boot the other day and it’s interesting how LAP was so heavily mixed,  she was completely off key and then you could literally hear a pitch perfect studio track (identical to the film) take over in places. 

Frozen however is auto tuned, just not robotic stylised auto tune… she was singing live but with very very heavy pitch correction. 

Which bootleg were you listening to? Is there one that’s really good?

No! It’s a fan recording on YouTube… one thing I haven’t heard of the MXT is a really good bootleg, which is odd because there are some brilliant bootlegs dating back to 2001. 

Have a listen. You can hear at 6.55 her note is descending, and suddenly the tone of voice on the same word goes from open mouthed and very off key to ascending and nasal. 07.03 again you can hear her deep winded live voice and the track from the DVD this time at the same time,  singing not even in the same octave. 

It’s interesting because there are points you can hear one voice or the other, and at other points you can hear both around equal. It’s like the sound guy is shifting the balance constantly to try and create the best sounding performance (which you would expect of course).

22 hours ago, sara94 said:

I'm sorry but i have to disagree.

Her hardcore fans are very important but this tour can't be successful without the locals.

With the right PR strategy and Social Media management she can easily regain respect and interest from the general public.

Some of you guys are underestimating the Power of her Legendary name and status. She still has millions of inactive fans out there, people who love her but haven't paid attention to her for years and wouldn't hesitate to see her live. 

Maybe or Maybe not … I’m afraid that it’s too late … but she can probably fill an arena with 90% of fans (including 30% of hardcore fans who follow her from one country to another (Le Grand Rex in 2020 was full of foreigners!) so she will deceive but she won't be able to fill two consecutive arenas like she still did in 2015 / she probably has a better chance of filling halls or stadiums (let's be crazy) in south america or rarely visited countries ... all that is just my opinion i will be happy to be wrong

Just now, Kieran said:

Tony is on board 😳

315F6F24-2094-43B2-8451-994E1C540589.jpeg

YESSS I’M JUMPING ON THE HYPE TRAIN 10000% NOW!

Praying we get an update and year plans on the reissues! I definitely feel like it’s coming since she hasn’t been on social media in maybe the longest time in years?? Like 5-6 days since her last post

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic