The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

7 hours ago, tscott said:

I'd love to see Donna and Niki come back.  I do wonder though if the two may have gotten too expensive for Madonna to employ? It's a thought.  I know there have been other factors for them all, such as life and animosity has kept them apart.  But if you think about it, I can see how Madonna would find it easier to bring in fresh back up singers to keep costs down.

That all said, we know Donna and Niki has expressed interest in working with Madonna again, so they probably would jump at any chance, giving Madonna the advantage.

M's life is vastly different now, which might be a little bit easier for Nikki and Donna to work with her.  M's kids take the lead in her life.  

That said, would love to see the three of them on stage for the opener once again banging to an 80s classic like Lucky Star

9 minutes ago, Andymad said:

M's life is vastly different now, which might be a little bit easier for Nikki and Donna to work with her.  M's kids take the lead in her life.  

That said, would love to see the three of them on stage for the opener once again banging to an 80s classic like Lucky Star

I would love to see it too. If not on the tour then at least for a one off performance at some stage. There was something special about them as backing singers because she had them for so many tours, performances and even studio recordings. They are part of the Madonna family. I'm highly doubtful there is any bad blood at this point.

31 minutes ago, MartinX said:

But she’s never done it before any other announcement. Maybe going forward she will use insta in a different way as in posts that focus on her legacy. 

It's all archived.  If you click on REELS, all the videos are still there.  Only the images are not available, but archived.  Not sure if they will ever come back, but obviously something is up.  I don't think she's going to do anything different.  I'm sure she'll continue to post videos and pics using filters, photoshopped, etc.  And I'm sure there will be those who will continue to be easily triggered by her posts, and carry on how she looks and acts, etc.  LOL! :)

6 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

That's just disguising the fact they have no new rumours because everyone's source Matt Rettenmund posted that he has nothing more to share 

I'm sorry but where is this reaction coming from?

Drownedmadonna literally sourced Matthew for the Jan 17 for the announcement. Days later, Matthew did say there could be delays even talking about a Jan 21 or later, which Drownedmadonna never confirmed, but remained firm on the Jan 17 date.

Drownedmadonna then posted FIRST about the Italian date for November 23 and then revealed a lot of informations for the tour, including when the tickets go on sale and hinting at the new 'era' with inspired graphics. All of this didn't come from Matthew, not publicly, neither privately.

While Matthew is a great source and has a great page, it's so uncool and unfair of you to trash another page like Drownedmadonna over some silly assumptions you have, especially coming from you which said to 'love the page'.

13 hours ago, madgefan said:

Celebration, Girl Gone Wild, Bitch I'm Madonna, and I Don't Search I Find could do great in the first section :) And I don't know what RHT show you attended but in my experience people were on fire during the opening section even if the songs weren't big hits.

I wonder if Madonna would be willing to invite them to work together again. Something tells me aging could be one of the reasons they were never called back again... and Madonna is known for working with younger people  most of the time.

I Know right?

Think about S&S tour, MDNA tour, Rebel heart tour and even Madame x tour.

S&S tours opening was candy shop and second song was beat goes on. Those were not even hit singles.

How about MDNA tour? opening song was girl gone wild and second song was revolver and third song was gang bang. These were hit singles? No. But still audience were crazy about that section.

Rebel heart tour was same. opening song was iconic and second song was bitch I'm madonna

Even Madame x tour was same. Opening song was god control and second song Dark Ballet. But no one complain about it.

And I also don't think that Madonna would be willing to invite these old back up singers. Don't get me wrong I love them as good memories. But good memories are just good memories. And think about that Vogue back up dancer.  Jose Gutierez? 

some fans very excited about their reunited after 25 years later but how Madonna treat him?  All He did side back up dancer of drag queens~ LOL  And I'm glad Madonna put him in that position.

50 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Drownedmadonna literally sourced Matthew for the Jan 17 for the announcement. Days later, Matthew did say there could be delays even talking about a Jan 21 or later, which Drownedmadonna never confirmed, but remained firm on the Jan 17 date.

Drownedmadonna then posted FIRST about the Italian date for November 23 and then revealed a lot of informations for the tour, including when the tickets go on sale and hinting at the new 'era' with inspired graphics. All of this didn't come from Matthew, not publicly, neither privately.

While Matthew is a great source and has a great page, it's so uncool and unfair of you to trash another page like Drownedmadonna over some silly assumptions you have, especially coming from you which said to 'love the page'.

Nobody is trashing Drownedmadonna but they have been wrong in the past so they're not considered a reliable source. That doesn't mean its not a good site or that we have anything against the people that run it. It is what it is.

15 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Nobody is trashing Drownedmadonna but they have been wrong in the past so they're not considered a reliable source. That doesn't mean its not a good site or that we have anything against the people that run it. It is what it is.

Yet it's easy for people to ramble with their assumptions about 'what they posted on the tour is sourced from Matthew', right? Yes, Drownedmadonna has been wrong sometimes (yet people seem to forget the MANY times it has been right) so what? Any fansite/fanpage had that but it seems like it's the coolest thing to do in the fandom to minimize Drownedmadonna's info. Hmm.

Don't believe what they say? That's fine, they're not pointing a gun to your head and you are free to do what you want with the information.

How about we wait and see if they were indeed correct or not with all this new information before we jump to conclusions? :)

1 hour ago, Dazedmadonna said:

And you sent a screenshot of my comment to my friend who runs DrownedMadonna and we discussed it and he knows I love and support his page. Many fan sites and the media regurgitating information that is coming from people in the know and it was a coincidence that both Matthew and DrownedMadonna posted the same comment about no more information which is where my comment came from. I, like many others, appreciate DrownedMadonna building the hype as we wait for the official announcement. 

I've supported DrownedMadonna for over 20 years and it's one of the few fan run sites I follow so it's all love from my side. 

36 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Yet it's easy for people to ramble with their assumptions about 'what they posted on the tour is sourced from Matthew', right? Yes, Drownedmadonna has been wrong sometimes (yet people seem to forget the MANY times it has been right) so what? Any fansite/fanpage had that but it seems like it's the coolest thing to do in the fandom to minimize Drownedmadonna's info. Hmm.

Don't believe what they say? That's fine, they're not pointing a gun to your head and you are free to do what you want with the information.

How about we wait and see if they were indeed correct or not with all this new information before we jump to conclusions? :)

We are just trying to dissect the info because we are excited. If a fan site has a history of false info than we take that into account. Just as we've taken into account Billboard, Daily Mail etc have reported false stuff. Drowned Madonna is well known I'm sure they know theyve been wrong and could be wrong again. That's the nature of reporting things before they are officially announced.

45 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Imagine if she drops a brand new single ! Something she'd had secretly made, to get along with the promo of the Greatest hits tour ! New look, new single, greatest hits tour ! Girl don't archive your whole insta for peanuts !!! We want the peanuts and the Butter !!!

Since it’s a greatest hits tour I think a new single would be out of place

49 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Imagine if she drops a brand new single ! Something she'd had secretly made, to get along with the promo of the Greatest hits tour ! New look, new single, greatest hits tour ! Girl don't archive your whole insta for peanuts !!! We want the peanuts and the Butter !!!

Oh Yessssssss !!!!

A new single and a new surprise album just like Beyonce 

22 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

It's not for one new single out of like 20 tracks that it can't be a greatest hits tour. I have a hard time imagining Madonna doing a tour without at least one new track. 

Event if it's a GH Tour, I'm sure there will be a lot of surprises. Maybe she can sing one or two songs pre-1982. it would be amazing :) 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic