Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

5 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Hoping we get more song teases today from Drowned Madonna…here’s hoping to finally confirming Like a Prayer, Lucky Star, Express Yourself, and / or Material Girl. If so, we’ve got an incredible setlist ahead.

cumming soon! :polish:

Born To Be Alive is lyrically perfect and related to her history and related to the health scare too. It’s got to be that. 

It’s so wonderfully 70’s too. 
I can see it being mashed up or segued into one of her songs. 

Musically and tempo wise Veni Vidi Vici would be quite the fit. 

3 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

cumming soon! :polish:

Hope it cums early (though I usually hate when that happens…)…I just got to London and have been awake since 5:30 AM yesterday in DC :seeno:

Does anyone know when she moves to the O2? Was thinking of walking over there after I check in to my hotel. I wanna see this flag.

2 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Nope, only one person guessed the song right :kiss2: 

Please Pleroma may this person be who brought here that fvcking amazing Guyöm's mash-up of Vogue and Bee Gees' You Should Be Dancing. And the other 70's song, please, be Born to Be Alive with Guyöm's aforementioned mash-up following it. Such a way to tell Patrick Hernandez her classic quote, "well, now you know me...I'M A REAL DISCO QUEEN, MY PLEASURE!!!!"

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Time to deliver FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE for it, my German friend!!! IT'S COMING!!! By the way... #CumToBrazil !!!!

I would give it all my luvin' if it wasn't a recital of a Peaky Blinders monologue over the cheapest and most dated fucking beat ever used on a current Madonna song.

1 hour ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Nope, only one person guessed the song right :kiss2: 

I'm open…

and ready…

for you…

J3.gif

TO LEAK THE SETLIST

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

No live band is completely her choice but it feels so disrespectful to musicians for some reason. Like they’re an added expense rather than integral to the live experience. It’s kind of a miss for me tbh. I don’t mind a mix of both but damn. 

To be fair - “ live “ hasn’t been her thing since DWT - I mean most of her tours all I hear are backing tracks anyway - the musicians are just props if you ask me - when was the last time we heard real live drums on her shows ? It’s disappointing I think too but I just think she uses backing tracks as it’s easier and so do a lot of other artists who don’t have strong live vocals - the fact that Stuart is doing all the mixes Is the most exciting thing about this tour though - still love his bass line in the beast within from RIT - maybe they will work on a new album together 👍

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

No live band is completely her choice but it feels so disrespectful to musicians for some reason. Like they’re an added expense rather than integral to the live experience. It’s kind of a miss for me tbh. I don’t mind a mix of both but damn. 

I tend to agree here. I have no doubt that the show will be thrilling as a visual spectacle, but it's live music I'm flying abroad to see. There's nothing like the thrill of an incredible drummer bashing out a dance rhythm with their own bare hands.

TBH I was hoping she'd go down the route of a full 10 piece band this time around. Lovely and all as Mercy and David showing us how well they did their music lessons, it's not what I'm paying €1000 for a night out in Lisbon for. I'll live with it, but at the same time, sigh.

44 minutes ago, SecretGarden said:

The I Love New York snippet is so damn clever. It references her early career beginnings in NYC as part of a rock band.

I can also hear the clapping from GMAYL rather clearly. That would also make so much sense and work SO SO WELL.

"In another place at a different time, you could be my lucky star"

"Don't play that stupid game cause I'm a different kind of girl"

I’m expecting a rock medley with lots of snippets from other songs, similar to the Flamenco medley from RHT with Burning Up being the base:

Burning Up / GMAYL (with snippets from I Love New York, Over and Over & Gambler)

something like that