Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

This D R A M A  ! because of the apparent lack of a live band... As if all your tours since Drowned World Tour, bar her vocals, haven't been heavily pre-recorded with some live stuff here and there. Anyone who thinks that Monte Pittiman or Madonna herself played real guitar in 90% of the time on these tours is foolish and/or deaf.

What surprises me most is the use of original recordings, I was expecting Stuart's re-inventions... I trust Stuart, but I got to say that I fear another Holiday/Deeper and Deeper Rebel Heart Tour where they went with the original multitracks, messed with them a bit and dropped them 2 semitones sucking the life out of the tracks...

18 minutes ago, Ekans said:

Same here! For the past tours we had Kevin Antunes as musical director and now we got Stuart. That’s a huge improvement! Even without a full band I trust his work here.

Yeah, I am not going to lie, I prefer a full live band on stage.  But that really hasn't been part of her shows for many years now.  When I read Stuart was on board as musical director all along, I was relieved because I know he will definitely make the music great.  At the end of the day, I just want to see her perform her songs live.  Of course, she's probably going to lip sync parts of the show, but Stuart is good at mixing.  It will sound great.  :party:

4 hours ago, dankpepe said:

This person on Twitter who stated Frozen was big and theatrical is saying I Love New York was rehearsed as a mashup with Burning Up:

But wait, is he saying this based on that clip floating around that @Dazedmadonnaconfirmed as being fake?

3 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Now her designers are teasing Get Together…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyRgt4lNMjU/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Awww I love this song!

2 hours ago, Ekans said:

Oh bummer no band you can’t have everything I guess

We been known this since earlier this yr. Wasn’t this inspired by Rosalia’s tour?

4 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I don’t have an issue with no band - looking at the band for rebel heart - it was drums, keyboard and guitar only lol 

I’m sure Stuart will be keyboard - so it’s just the live drums and maybe guitar ?

IMG_9330.jpeg

I must admit I will miss the 'ROCK GOD' Monte Pittman even though his role got smaller and smaller on the last few tours he was on.

1 hour ago, Lilalo said:

So sad this is, if the setlist is as subpar as recent reports have been? Don’t expect ANY of the MANY tickets that remain to sell on “word of mouth. Expect sudden “circumstances” to be announced for the inevitable numerous cancellations coming. :(

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF

The real setlist match now changes completely!

About 45 tracks used for a show in wich, Stuart says, about 20 are just mashed up, mentioned or used as interludes. So the main point for me becomes wich tracks will really be performed at least in half? Will my beloved Rain finally make it again on the stage? And Bad girl, Oh father, Erotica, Bedtime Story???

I assume Nothing really matters will have its place as it's been announced too theatrically for just being mentioned and Stuart talks about the motherhood and the spiritual journey as part of the narrative of the show; for this reason I think the same about the mum death track (wich I deeply hope won't be Mother and Father, wich I love but listening to Promise to try or Inside of me live after all these years ...)

7 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

I think we lost him to the cookers & conspiracy during COVID anyway

Doesn't change the fact that he was a great guitar player and played a role in Madonna adding to her own show, as performer, by playing guitar herself.  There are some other artists who I am not favorable to their ideologies  or politics, but I still enjoy them as an artist.

Price suggested a ballpark figure of 25 songs would be performed, with elements of 20 more appearing in some form.

It looks like it's not literally 45 songs being performed - it's her standard number with elements of other songs woven in. So like Where's the Party being woven into Music Inferno is what this suggests to me. 

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

Doesn't change the fact that he was a great guitar player and help Madonna to add to her own show, by playing guitar herself.  There are some other artists who I am not favorable to their ideologies  or politics, but I still enjoy them as an artist.

I agree- that aside - he was an amazing guitarist and he'll be missed.

Just now, adirondak said:

Price suggested a ballpark figure of 25 songs would be performed, with elements of 20 more appearing in some form.

It looks like it's not literally 45 songs being performed - it's her standard number with elements of other songs woven in. So like Where's the Party being woven into Music Inferno is what this suggests to me. 

If it's still only 25 songs (think there are already over this number in rumored tracks) but sources say its a long show, I'm guessing maybe the interludes are long

1 minute ago, adirondak said:

Yes, this is my bet too.  It may mean some of the songs my be included in interludes as well.  So while we are excited to think some songs might be on this tour, they may not necessarily be performed all the way or at all as they might be part of an interlude.

16 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

I think we lost him to the cookers & conspiracy during COVID anyway

The only tour where he had a smaller role is Madame X. He was prominently featured in both Rebel Heart and MDNA. Everyone has a right to their personal beliefs and of any famous person I believe to support that, it's Madonna. She might debate certain things, but I can't believe she would ever fire someone over their personal beliefs. Also,  lot of things that were called conspiracy during Covid were later proven to be true. 

14 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Doesn't change the fact that he was a great guitar player and played a role in Madonna adding to her own show, as performer, by playing guitar herself.  There are some other artists who I am not favorable to their ideologies  or politics, but I still enjoy them as an artist.

No it does not. Serious place this isn't it. Madonna would have laughed. Can probably catch his set at a Trump rally :laughing: