Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

2 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

That was already hinted, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. :kiss2:

WOW! This screams Nothing Really Matters to me, as just last night DM people in the comments were asking "Why do you think we changed our cover image (on Fb) with the lyrics of NRM"?

Of course nobody wants any more spoiler at this point :cute: but, if so, she really paid us and that gorgeous track back for the long absence from the satge :broken:

3 hours ago, Future Lover said:

I think some people here need to be refreshed on what exactly a greatest hits tour is. 

A greatest hits tour is not a tour that is launched in support of a brand new album and is built heavily around the themes of that new album. She did half the album in the setlist. Just because she didn't open with a song from it doesn't mean that that tour wasn't a tour for American Life. 

RIT was in no way shape or form a greatest hits tour 

I think people are getting tripped up on terminology. The point is that many fans were upset after DWT left out pretty much all of her big hits in favor of mid tempo or slow album tracks. This includes many of the big hits even from the 10 years when she didn't tour. DWT was a conceptual stage show and not what people were hungry for after not seeing her live since BA or GS. Madonna did indeed acknowledge this and Reinvention was a conscious effort to make it up to those fans. So it included what at the time was a good career spanning selection of hits plus songs from AL. She also created the pit areas right by the stage for her fans. At the same time, there was a big backlash against AL in the US due to hysteria over 9/11 and a resurgence of far right wing politics (not sure if that happened in the rest of the world) and she did indeed pull back and tone things down, probably for the first and only time in her career. So she acknowledged her long time fans and the songs that made her what she was (which she had rather openly dismissed at the time of DWT). It was a good thing and it felt sincere at the time, whatever the behind the scenes motivations might have been. So maybe not a greatest hits tour in the purest sense of your definition, but certainly a conscious effort to heavily feature hits and fan favorite for her fans.

So The Drowned Madonna set list is

1. Everybody
  2. Holiday
  3. Burning Up
  4. Crazy For You
  5. Live To Tell
  6. Papa Don't Preach
  7. Open Your Heart
  8. La Isla Bonita
  9. Like A Prayer
  10. Oh Father
  11. Vogue
  12. Justify My Love
  13. Erotica
  14. Bad Girl
  15. Rain
  16. Bedtime Story
  17. Human Nature
  18. Don't Cry For Me Argentina
  19. Ray Of Light
  20. Nothing Really Matters
  21. Don't Tell Me
  22. Die Another Day
  23. Mother & Father 
  24. Into The Hollywood Groove
  25. Sorry
  26. GMAYL
  27. Rebel Heart Track
  28. I Don't Search I Flop
  29. Hung Up On TikTok
  30. Vulgar

That's an incredibly well balanced set list that does her discography justice. Some unperformed songs and mostly smashers. 

Honestly I just need 

• Holiday 
  • Express Yourself
  • Vogue
  • Deeper & Deeper

and this is the best Madonna setlist ever.

Throw in a few interpolations and we going aeroplane!

I think the last four reveals will be

• Vogue
  • Holiday / Celebration
  • Like A vrigin
  • Material Girl 

25 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Oh man… I HIGHLY doubt she’d leave out Express Yourself. This track deserves more than an acapella section

Yeah, considering what we know by now, I think that in terms of imaginary Express Yourself seems to be the only big missing song.

Music for example is my all time favourite dance track, I don't know why but I never got tired of that fucking super easy, deeply funky and dirty sounded tune (in spite of the Sticky and Sweet dramatic performance :lol:), but it can be replaced.

If confirmed EY is out of the final setlist, maybe Vogue could take part of its place, the cone-bra, the strong muscular backing choir, the energy, but still it's not exactly the same thing.

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

1. Everybody
  2. Burning Up
  3. Crazy For You
  4. Live To Tell
  5. Papa Don't Preach
  6. Open Your Heart
  7. La Isla Bonita
  8. Like A Prayer
  9. Oh Father
  10. Vogue
  11. Justify My Love
  12. Erotica
  13. Rain
  14. Bedtime Story
  15. Human Nature
  16. Don't Cry For Me Argentina
  17. Ray Of Light
  18. Nothing Really Matters
  19. Don't Tell Me
  20. Die Another Day
  21. Mother & Father 
  22. Into The Hollywood Groove
  23. Sorry
  24. GMAYL
  25. Rebel Heart Track
  26. I Don't Search I Flop
  27. Hung Up On TikTok
  28. Vulgar

That's an incredibly well balanced set list that does her discography justice. Some unperformed songs and mostly smashers. 

Honestly I just need 

• Holiday
  • Express Yourself
  • Vogue
  • Deeper & Deeper

• Vogue
  • Holiday
  • Like A vrigin
  • Material Girl 

Great list. Shame about Music being scrapped but it’s her vision. Would love to see Vogue and Holiday or in some way interpolated.

8 minutes ago, SecretProject said:

Great list. Shame about Music being scrapped but it’s her vision. Would love to see Vogue and Holiday or in some way interpolated.

Vogue and Holiday were hinted by DM. Like a virgin seems to be in the setlist by what read on the paper she had in some Insta pics, with the Billie Jean piece (some think maybe it's going to be in video).

I think, if confirmed, Material girl, Frozen and Express Yourself could be the most resounding absences.

And yet, we did not see the show, wich is told to have a completely new and narrative structure, so they could be hinted and "celebrated" in a more subtle way.

I don’t see her leaving Celebration out. That feels too obvious of a song.

Surprised no Hard Candy representation yet…feel like Give It 2 Me has to be making an appearance somewhere.

Knowing Like a Virgin is almost a certainty based off of the setlist teases, will really only be surprised about Material Girl, Express Yourself, and Frozen not making it. Frozen was hinted at by another account though, so hoping that ends up making it.

Material Girl and Express Yourself are a bit of head scratchers to leave off, along with Music.

Everything else makes sense, though I was personally hoping for Lucky Star too.

20 minutes ago, steady75 said:

1. Everybody
  2. Burning Up
  3. Crazy For You
  4. Live To Tell
  5. Papa Don't Preach
  6. Open Your Heart
  7. La Isla Bonita
  8. Like A Prayer
  9. Oh Father
  10. Vogue
  11. Justify My Love
  12. Erotica
  13. Rain
  14. Bedtime Story
  15. Human Nature
  17. Ray Of Light
  19. Don't Tell Me
  20. Die Another Day
  21. Mother & Father 
  23. Sorry
  24. GMAYL
  25. Rebel Heart Track
  27. Hung Up On TikTok
  28. Vulgar

Well, it's a very good setlist, but I would remove Mother and Father, GMAYL, I don't search I flop and the infernal Human Nature (God, I hate this song so much and her obsession for it).

I don't think it's the correct final setlist because we heard there will be 3 songs never performed before, unless they are Don't cry for me Argentina, NRM and Bedtime Story (it used only in RIT backdrop). If she redoes the British Awards 1995 I would love it. 

I miss Holiday (her first hit), Like a Virgin (her first #1 hit), Music (her last #1 hit) and Bad Girl (a fan favorite). 

I hope the Rebel Heart track is Hold Tight or Ghosttown (she sang it, but it wasn't a part of the setlist)

2 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I don’t see her leaving Celebration out. That feels too obvious of a song.

Surprised no Hard Candy representation yet…feel like Give It 2 Me has to be making an appearance somewhere.

Knowing Like a Virgin is almost a certainty based off of the setlist teases, will really only be surprised about Material Girl, Express Yourself, and Frozen not making it. Frozen was hinted at by another account though, so hoping that ends up making it.

Material Girl and Express Yourself are a bit of head scratchers to leave off, along with Music.

Everything else makes sense, though I was personally hoping for Lucky Star too.

I have the feeling that the songs that are gonna be revealed tomorrow are : Celebration, Give It 2 Me (we need a song to represent Hard Candy after all), Like a Virgin and Frozen.

I fear that Express Yourself was in the act that was scrapped containing Music and maybe Lucky Star ?

18 minutes ago, steady75 said:

1. Everybody
  2. Burning Up
  3. Crazy For You
  4. Live To Tell
  5. Papa Don't Preach
  6. Open Your Heart
  7. La Isla Bonita
  8. Like A Prayer
  9. Oh Father
  10. Vogue
  11. Justify My Love
  12. Erotica
  13. Rain
  14. Bedtime Story
  15. Human Nature
  17. Ray Of Light
  19. Don't Tell Me
  20. Die Another Day
  21. Mother & Father 
  23. Sorry
  24. GMAYL
  25. Rebel Heart Track
  27. Hung Up On TikTok
  28. Vulgar

Honestly I just need 

• Holiday 
  • Express Yourself
  • Vogue
  • Deeper & Deeper

• Vogue
  • Holiday / Celebration
  • Like A vrigin
  • Material Girl 

Holiday is in, but Vulgar was never teased. :kiss2:

If you refer to the 'recent collaborator' aspect.. that's a different song.

15 minutes ago, stefo said:

If confirmed EY is out of the final setlist, maybe Vogue could take part of its place, the cone-bra

This… hurts my soul so much if true. I love Vogue… but to me the cone bra belongs to Express Yourself. Or Like A Virgin. It’s just such an iconic nod to Blond Ambition Tour, and Vogue only featured a black sport cone at best haha 😅 it would a huge gut punch if EY was left out. My ultimate of her entire career.

I mean. The whole stage is designed around a wedding cake so there's no way we're not getting Like A Virgin. It's just unfathomable on her GH tour. 

but maybe it's a recreation of her MTV Britney Tina performance hence the Hollywood Groove hint. 

Remember this tour is about her greatest moments not necessarily just musical hits. 

Just now, steady75 said:

I mean. The whole stage is designed around a wedding cake so there's no way we're not getting Like A Virgin. It's just unfathomable on her GH tour. 

but maybe it's a recreation of her MTV Britney Tina performance hence the Hollywood Groove hint. 

Remember this tour is about her greatest moments not necessarily just musical hits. 

I’m looking at you Express Yourself BAT lolllllllll I’m so dramatic

Based upon news / observations of the past few days we have the following rumors / observations:

• Everybody (album version - heard in an IG video)
  • Crazy for You (sounds reinvented - heard on Twitter)
  • Bitch I'm Madonna (on paper)
  • Like a Virgin / Billy Jean (on paper)
  • Don't Tell Me (album version - heard on IG)
  • Nothing Really Matters (lyrics posted / DM confirmed)
  • Vogue (Bob confirmed)
  • Holiday (Bob confirmed)
  • A few tracks that were never singles ("setlist filled with her singles - with only a few exceptions")
  • 3 "classic" singles that have "never been performed on tour" (NRM, Bad Girl, and Bedtime Story)
  • Hollywood, American Life, and Rescue Me are not on the setlist (according to PopJustice)
  • At least 1 track from Confessions (according to PopJustice)
  • Potentially a 30 track setlist (seen on IG) - Stuart Price says 25 performed tracks with 20 additional songs mashed up / extrapolated throughout the show within that set
  • Her adopted kids will be on stage for a number (hasn't the school year started? why aren't these kids in school?)
  • Some stage element will act as a "time machine" that moves Madonna around the stage setup as points in the show

Assumed tracks based upon DM's teasers:

• Live to Tell
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Ray of Light (seen rehearsed yesterday)
  • Bad Girl
  • Oh Father
  • Die Another Day
  • Don't Tell Me (seen rehearsed yesterday)
  • Rain
  • Bedtime Story
  • Erotica
  • Everybody
  • Sorry
  • Open Your Heart
  • Crazy for You
  • Give Me All Your Luvin (Why??)
  • Like a Prayer
  • A non-single from Rebel Heart that has NEVER been performed before (only possibilities: Hold Tight, Inside Out, Wash All Over Me, Auto-Tune Baby, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici, Messiah, Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, Addicted, Graffiti Heart)
  • An older song that deals with losing her mother (reports say this is Mother and Father)
  • At least 3 covers: 1 she performed a long time ago (only possibilities: Imagine, Fever, Everybody is a Star, Billie Jean / Like a Virgin, A Family Affair, Just My Imagination, I Feel Love), 1 is a 70s classic seeming to relate to her health scare (maybe Stayin' Alive or I Will Survive or Born to be Alive), and 1 cover from a current artist she's collaborated with (I'm thinking Unholy since Sam Smith covered Human Nature or it could be a track by Beyonce or the Weekend)
  • 1 mashup of an older Madonna song with a late 70s track
  • Papa Don't Preach
  • Justify My Love
  • Hung Up on Tokisha or whatever  it's called (notice they waited until the end to leak the sad news)
  • Into the Hollywood Groove?? or hints of a Into the Groove mashup
  • Human Nature
  • I Don't Search, I Find
  • Holiday
  • Burning Up
  • La Isla Bonita (seen rehearsed yesterday)
  • Don't Cry for Me Argentina
  • Vogue

Random social media rumors:

• A Twitter user alleges I Love New York / Burning Up are mashed up (User @insidethegroove)
  • Someone said they pressed their ear against a door and heard Get Together
  • A person walking down the street alleges they heard Hung Up / Hung Up on Tokisha mashed up
  • On PopJustice someone said she'll perform / use Chic's "I Want Your Love" in some capacity (maybe the 70s mashup mentioned above)
  • Insidethegroove also said on Twitter that Give It 2 Me, La Isla Bonita, and Don't Cry for Me Argentina are on the setlist and that Celebration is the closing song. He also says the show has a heavy drag influence with Vogue being an homage to drag. He reported his songs prior to DrownedMadonna's reporting so he may have some credibility

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

Oh maybe you're right ! Like a Virgin by Bob the Drag Queen and then Into the Hollywood Grove. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Holiday is in, but Vulgar was never teased. :kiss2:

If you refer to the 'recent collaborator' aspect.. that's a different song.

Nnnnnn you're killing us here. Based on the ones that are left that fans are rumbling about:

• Express Yourself
  • Material Girl
  • Lucky Star
  • Frozen

Can you break our hearts now and let us know if none of them made it instead of us waiting for the show to finish tomorrow? Pretty please (Dua Lipa's version)? :kiss2: