POPULAR

36 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Is this available to buy anywhere? 

It's available on The Weeknd's store as MP3 44.1KHZ/24-BIT.

1 sale = 1.500 streams.

Explicit

https://shop.theweeknd.com/products/popular-feat-playboi-carti-madonna-explicit-digital-single?c=%2Fcollections%2Fidol&t=Home

Clean

https://shop.theweeknd.com/products/popular-feat-playboi-carti-madonna-clean-digital-single?c=%2Fcollections%2Fidol&t=Home

1 hour ago, nobelson said:

Lol once she comes in she sings the full song. Don’t listen through a potato

But that's not true at all.  Other than the intro, she sings the 2nd verse and then The Weekend comes back in and I believe she's backing him for a few lines and then he takes over again and Playboi comes in again. She's history at this point.

8 minutes ago, tscott said:

But that's not true at all.  Other than the intro, she sings the 2nd verse and then The Weekend comes back in and I believe she's backing him for a few lines and then he takes over again and Playboi comes in again. She's history at this point.

I’m so sorry you can’t listen to her, but you’re dead wrong lol She’s in the final chorus too. But you couldn’t even tell her voice apart from his on the Cannes video so I’m not surprised

6 minutes ago, nobelson said:

I’m so sorry you can’t listen to her, but you’re dead wrong lol She’s in the final chorus too. But you couldn’t even tell her voice apart from his on the Cannes video so I’m not surprised

No need to get snarky about this.  I'm not the only person who couldn't hear it in that Cannes video.  The fact is; you claim she sings through the rest of the song and that is incorrect.  You also claimed this is a duet in an earlier post.  Though duets are between two people.  At best, she's considered a "feature" in this.  She comes in at the intro, sings one solo verse and then as you said, comes in that last chorus faintly with backgrounds.  I'm fine to admit that I didn't necessarily realize she was backing vocals at the end, but I wasn't "dead wrong" as you stated she's in the rest of the song one she starts singing, which she is not. A pretty silly argument if you ask me.  :laughing:

1 minute ago, tscott said:

No need to get snarky about this.  I'm not the only person who couldn't hear it in that Cannes video.  The fact is; you claim she sings through the rest of the song and that is incorrect.  You also claimed this is a duet in an earlier post.  Though duets are between two people.  At best, she's considered a "feature" in this.  She comes in at the intro, sings one solo verse and then as you said, comes in that last chorus faintly with backgrounds.  I'm fine to admit that I didn't necessarily realize she was backing vocals at the end, but I wasn't "dead wrong" as you stated she's in the rest of the song one she starts singing, which she is not. 

She does sing through the rest of the song. She sings her verses and then two choruses. You’re the one spreading misinformation as usual like saying the Vulgar leak wasn’t in full lol oh, well. Try getting a better sound system

4 minutes ago, nobelson said:

She does sing through the rest of the song. She sings her verses and then two choruses. You’re the one spreading misinformation as usual like saying the Vulgar leak wasn’t in full lol oh, well. Try getting a better sound system

I never said Vulgar didn't leak.  I simply asked if what has been posted before and what I heard was the full song.  And you keep changing what you are saying about the Weeknd song.  LOL!  Never mind!!  No need to carry on this silly argument. 

I'm goingo to listen to both tracks, Popular and Vulgar, tonight, when I'll be back home. For now two quick considerations:

I think it's strange she seems not to be caring at all about this Weekend collab, she is pointing everything on Vulgar on her social media accounts, wich makes me think we're gonna have a video and maybe a live performance or at least a reference in the tour too (wich mostly scares me, I'm honest :Madonna034:).

Feeling the vibe of having something new to listen to, I can't help sharing how much I'm missing her solo singing career! I know that we're close to the end of this journey and I'm fine with it (this new social-oriented music business really changed the magic of the old school projects charisma), I know that she's been one of, if not the most, long running popstar ever and yet I still hope that the Max Martin July single we'll be the first step into a new musical project, containing bops, ballads and midtempos: after Madame X, wich I pretty liked as a concept, we deserve one last pop album, or at least EP, to celebrate her style, magic and career!!

5 minutes ago, Karma said:

3:40 "She is the ultimate co-sign for this song, for this album and for this TV show. And you will hear more of her in the show as well, too. She's a big part. I mean, she is the ultimate pop star, the queen".

Exciting, I think "Like A Prayer" might be featured in The Idol.

7" Dance edit imagine

• RUADJAI changed the title to POPULAR
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic