Ray of Light (Expanded Box Set - design upgrade)

BradleyPratt

Absolutely fucking mesmerizing and gorgeous. It's an utter shame she doesn't care about her own albums this much to demand special box sets like this for her fans and the celebration we ought to be having. It would be a true dream to own this, especially signed.

11 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Absolutely fucking mesmerizing and gorgeous. It's an utter shame she doesn't care about her own albums this much to demand special box sets like this for her fans and the celebration we ought to be having. It would be a true dream to own this, especially signed.

#soon... #inafewdays :party:

i do wonder sometimes why M doesnt use people like you ( a fan) to work on here artwork etc. great job and a shame we wont ever get stuff like this - have you thought about doing true blue or like a prayer - i love the photography from herb around these eras and would love a nice 12" box set style design that houses cd, dvd + blu-ray - not vinyl though - sorry vinyl bitches :)

5 hours ago, Ayham said:

Amazing job, but unfortunately I think you just have to quit designing stuff for her as I believe M and her entire team not interested in making anniversary releases. Try with other artists. 🥲😘

I thought he was just doing this for fun, something creative for fans to see?  I don't believe he's even on her team's radar, but I would agree with others he deserves to be. 

"Lovely cardboard in the v. nice glossy book."
https://www.discogs.com/release/25282282-David-Bowie-Divine-Symmetry

I've disco-vered I really HATE CD's in any kind of book packaging.
Or multi-disc fold out digi-packs.
CD's in slip covers in clamshell boxes are for actual play of the discs.
:dance:
This I've played many times and it still looks M/M.
https://www.discogs.com/master/1829981-Roxy-Music-The-Complete-Studio-Recordings

On 8/13/2023 at 12:04 AM, Israel said:

Fantastic, but why Beautiful Stranger in the box?

It was definitely a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" decision, but I tried to put myself in a label's shoes as they plan for a release to appeal to the general public. You'll see it come up often when bloggers or websites talk about any potential ROL box set: Beautiful Stranger always shows up.

And thank you for the feedback everyone, I really appreciate it! :luv:

There's no plans to continue with this series - Erotica might get a 3D upgrade at a later date, but that's probably it.

They're just made for fun, to stretch my own design skills, and as a presentation of an alternate reality where someone like Madonna (or honestly any female singer) someday gets a box set as grand and deluxe as a man, band or group would get. The leaders of this product space are The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Prince, Bowie... the research I did for sets like this was eye-opening.