The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

10 minutes ago, scion said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate the absolute Masterpiece renditions of Into The Groove and Open Your Heart... 😍

Yeah I did not watch Into the groove yet but Open Your Heart was such a sweet and cool homage to the chair dancing. That final turn to the camera singng "One is such a lonely number" is so adorably 80s!!

7 minutes ago, stefo said:

I've been watching some vids and I think the show really is amazing. About the structure, I simply think that the NY 80s part could have been the closing set, as it's the weakest for obvious reasons and as the finale could have taken a light, sing-along,celebratory mood. Nothing really matters is a phenomenal opener and I go on thinking that it would have been wonderfully followed by the Die another day number, without the XVIIth century "witches" hat I think it could have a smooth flow with NRM, and - why not - closing the first set with Frozen. After that, from Live to tell on it goes magnificently imo till Rain.

Yes, some points could be enforced, like the nice Human Nature/Crazy for you part, wich makes a point in the narrative, after the campest Vogue ever performed (a real gem guys), her exposure to defend the rights of the LGBTQI+ community, she mentions all the public shit she had to bear (the coreo of Human Nature is quite explicit) and the discomfort, singing Crazy for you supported by the younger HN image of herself. At the same point it's very rushed, too quick to get a real emotional effect, you understand it but there's not real time to get into the feeling of it. And La isla, Don't cry for me and (sadly) Rain are useless like that, they could be changed and maybe that's the point where she will be presenting different songs in the future shows I hope. 

But wow, it's a coherent, creative and complete journey through such a complex catalogue and story, solid and spectacular. Still convinced.

I wonder if putting NRM after or before Rain would fix that section's flow...but then what would be the opening song. Based on this setlist, the entrance isn't as iconic as past tours but I think NRM makes sense where it's at. The 90s spiritual awakening section just needs 1 more big song moody song like Frozen.

Personally, I think replacing I Will Survive with Take a Bow would be better in that Tex/Mex section. Don't Cry for Me Argentina is very out of place. I think singing a few bars of You'll See would tie better into the section and the 'no fear' ending.

1 minute ago, dankpepe said:

I wonder if putting NRM after or before Rain would fix that section's flow...but then what would be the opening song. Based on this setlist, the entrance isn't as iconic as past tours but I think NRM makes sense where it's at. The 90s spiritual awakening section just needs 1 more big song moody song like Frozen.

Personally, I think replacing I Will Survive with Take a Bow would be better in that Tex/Mex section. Don't Cry for Me Argentina is very out of place. I think singing a few bars of You'll See would tie better into the section and the 'no fear' ending.

I think since I Will Survive is representing her getting better from this summer, I dont think Take A Bow would be appropriate in that section lol .. that is almost like, lights out, im dead, see ya

8 minutes ago, stefo said:

Yeah I did not watch Into the groove yet but Open Your Heart was such a sweet and cool homage to the chair dancing. That final turn to the camera singng "One is such a lonely number" is so adorably 80s!!

It's perfect.

8 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Bro? Girl please 💅🏼

Id never Bro you, I think you should be know as Sugar Wuggums 😘💅

9 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

I think since I Will Survive is representing her getting better from this summer, I dont think Take A Bow would be appropriate in that section lol .. that is almost like, lights out, im dead, see ya

I agree. I love Take a Bow but I was actually very satisfied with the RHT performance, I don't even think this song is very performable

1 minute ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I agree. I love Take a Bow but I was actually very satisfied with the RHT performance, I don't even think this song is very performable

Of course it's performable. It isn't even a terribly hard song to sing.. once she transposed the key she had it down to a tee

Can someone make a new topic like " the reviews are in " because every single review is great. I could do it myself but i realy don't know how to put in all those links without looking like an amature. I try to post a link to a dutch website with all the reviews from last night show, and they are all good to great 

https://www.ad.nl/show/vergane-glorie-of-is-madonna-nog-steeds-queen-of-pop-zo-oordeelt-de-pers-na-haar-eerste-concert~ab91e5d4/

Or is this a stupid idea?  Lol

4 hours ago, dankpepe said:

I would honestly leave NRM where it is, at the same time I did not find it a weaker entrance. It reminded me to the Drowned world one, but we use to consider the DWT opening number the combo of Drowned world and Impressive Instant. That's what I feel missing here, I would avoid to interrupt the mood in such an abrupt way. It would have been an opening set and not just one song there at the beginning, while the electronic/spiritual turn of her life and career is fine for me, I just would have worked more on the arrangement and the staging of Rain. 

Like some others, the livestream last night didn't really meet my very high expectations (in part also because of seeing the Renaissance tour this summer, which floored me). However, having spent the day with HQ videos and better audio, the Celebration tour is fantastic. I'm loving the setlist, the campy fun nature of it, how she's using the entire stage, love Bob as an MC, the large tarps throughout the arena. I think the fortune my friends and I shelled out will be well-spent, when we see the show in December. 

Some areas could use a little finessing, as is often the case after opening night w/M's tours. Reactions have always been mixed after opening night; i remember people being very divided after Confessions opened, S&S, MDNA, Madame X.. Her shows are very polarizing at the start, but gradually as more of us actually SEE/EXPERIENCE the show, it seems to all even out. She's getting great reviews from the critics.

I do hope she works out that Human Nature/Crazy for You transition, as well as adds a proper encore. Just slap Power of Goodbye after that abrupt ending as an encore and the general public and super fans will go home well-fed.

5 minutes ago, ron92 said:

Maybe because if something goes wrong they don’t have to cut anything 

Again, I don't believe anything was cut.  This is just some people wishing and hoping certain other songs (whether rumored or possibly rehearsed) that didn't make it in. 

Tonight with no technical glitches will only prove that. :)

21 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I understand the impact of the song I Will Survive but I would prefer to hear Survival as it is one of hers and was never performed

Nah it's supposed to be a communal moment it needs a big song. Not two old queens from Wisconsin, alone,  holding lighters up because they lost a pet in a tornado in 1994.

RIP muffy etc

12 minutes ago, milotjuh said:

I do hope she works out that Human Nature/Crazy for You transition, as well as adds a proper encore. Just slap Power of Goodbye after that abrupt ending as an encore and the general public and super fans will go home well-fed.

yes, that transition was fast and rough, also the ending was so abrubt and short lived. Celebration song was only 10 seconds lol

1 hour ago, scion said:

I'm not sure anything choreography wise. in the new show necessitates playback. I mean one example is Nothing Really Matters, surely that should be more audibly live?

she isnt dancing much, but im happy she is taking care of her body and giving it a break. She danced hard, her entire career, so she deserves to take it easy. i love her

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)