The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 hour ago, ron92 said:

I think that Frozen was so well made in the Madame X that I really don’t feel the miss. Too bad for EY, not even mentioned in an interlude.

I am of the same opinion.  I am much happier we got Ray Of Light and Nothing Really Matters instead this time around…

Frozen was SUCH a high point of Madame X, I don’t know how it could ever be even equaled — much less topped.  (And I really, REALLY like that entire show. But the Frozen performance was so amazing in person (that staging!) and so faithful to the album version in spirit.

That said, Express Yourself is missed… though I am not sure where I’d slot it.

13 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I hope the dvd is done at the end of the run cause by then you know the show will be perfectly done in all the senses, I just hope she keeps this vocal level and her good health! So far all the reviews were quite amazing.

I think that’s always the concern. Rebel Heart would’ve been best recorded before the Rocco mess. MDNA best recorded before she was beyond over the tour. I think somewhere in the middle and let them film any additional segments she may add later. 

12 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I hope the dvd is done at the end of the run cause by then you know the show will be perfectly done in all the senses, I just hope she keeps this vocal level and her good health! So far all the reviews were quite amazing.

Luckily with cameras back and the quality of the footage so far we wont have to wait years for that

31 minutes ago, PHIL said:

hey there!

so here's my little review. i went spontaneously to the second london show on sunday. i LOVED IT and would give it 4/5 stars. she is still on TOP OF HER ARTISTY and this alone is to bow down for all of us!

the fist two acts are more or less PERFECTION and the story line works. she takes us on the 'madonna story' train. the opening with nrm was breathtaking, the 80s hits such a joy. open your heart plays such a beautiful tribute to the mondino video. going from holiday (careless party) to live to tell (aids pandemic) is pure madonna pop genius. she never goes just for the hits, she takes us on an emotional journey. this has been said many many times, this time i feel it most clearly. i was sooo moved by it. the erotica act, wow wow wow, i couldn’t stop saying wow and screaming 'this is beautiful' (i sat in the back, had an overview on everything). hot as fuck. the papa dont preach with the blond ambition bed - WOOOOW, another pure genius moment! the ballroom part - perfection, bob was amazing. their presence was perfection!! so good. hearing 'updown suite' - who would have thought?! LOVE

then, the concert kinda looses it a bit, there are still great moments, but it seems less tightly thought through. or at least, i couldnt deceiver it. ray of light was probably the best in that part of the concert. our show ended with rain, quite abruptly. but i was still super happy.

the lightning / staging / dancers - VERY VERY GOOD!!! really incredible 

my personal thinking. Madonna is both. the genius behind it all, but also her own saboteur. i feel like she would have needed someone else to help her with the overal arch. i guess she tends to get suuuuper detail oriented , which very often pays off, but then... how can you not finish your own concept? land it somewhere. if they would have managed that - best concert ever.

still - it's a CELEBRATION, B*TCHEEEES !!!!! ******

I loved reading your review! Thank you! 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)