The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Debrief:

2nd show for me after the London opener - which was spectacular due to all the unknowns.

Nice to be standing and up close because you get a different dimension entirely --seeing and hearing loads of stuff you wouldn't otherwise. Facial expressions and dancers shouting etc (watching her getting in the zone before ray of light was a moment).

Madge singing to Martin Burgoyne's image had me very choked up (as did that whole segment). Especially since I've just been reading about that phase of her life - he seemed like such a lovely club kid (knew EVERYONE on the downtown scene and had such a tragic end). 

This one was a bit special/sad because before Mother Father she told a little story about David's adoption...his mum died in childbirth (?) and he was raised by an 8 yr old sister. Sadly his sister died of AIDS yesterday (same day as gig!). Seeing him on stage looking all vulnerable and responding to her was extremely moving. It was also the anniversary of the Bataclan shooting, so that was poignant also.

Uppers and downers for nuance only - loved every second. 

Uppers:
* Started early and ended just after midnight - over two hours! (I think it's because she had some tech issues the night before).
* Crowd was really good (feisty when I went to the loo though - nearly lost my spot!).
* Really pleased I've had the experience of seated AND floor because you get ALL of the view in seats but none of the mayhem. This is a show you need to see at least twice.
* Watching an interlude and Madge suddenly shooting out of the stage in her Versace cat suit - all dramatic and only meters away...takes your breath away! :-0
* She looked amazing and was all smiles - in a great mood.
* Sounded even better - kept checking if she was actually live as her voice was almost too on point...but her voice momentarily cracked during Like a prayer. Fantastic to hear some bone fide live vocals instead of pre-records and endless tracking.
* You can tell when she's enjoying herself because she gets all chatty during numbers. It was slightly amusing when she flipped out because the stage was wet during erotica.
* Went out for a beer - found a Madonna glitter station (lol) - came back all "hiiii!"
* The erotica/Dita gold tooth was back. 
* Helga plaits during the cowboy bit - looked great. That outfit has grown on me --looks really expensive up close.
* Fave numbers: Open your heart (so great and old skool!), Like a prayer (best version since blond ambition), La Isla Bonita was nice, Ray of light was just incredible - even better than I remember from the O2. She's giving so much attitude up there. Flicking her hair all over the place etc. Sent me over the edge. 

Downers:
* Panto ensemble outfits that look more parody than clubby (dancers that is).
* Strange styling during interludes, a LOT of fabric thrown together fancy dress style - a bit Cher and incoherent in places. The JPG moments more than make up for this though!
* No clue who the Vogue guest was - anyone?
* The ending - really extra and fun. She's frankly hilarious and having a REALLY good time up there. However, the dubious choice of song and accompanying outfits look more like a west end tribute show than a high end Madonna gig.
* Didn't need the Evita interlude.
* Screaming kids on the Eurostar home this morn. 

It really was a momentous occasion. A great retrospective / SO perfect for now and I feel like she gives so much more of herself here than in previous outings.

1 hour ago, robder said:

Debrief:

2nd show for me after the London opener - which was spectacular due to all the unknowns.

Nice to be standing and up close because you get a different dimension entirely --seeing and hearing loads of stuff you wouldn't otherwise. Facial expressions and dancers shouting etc (watching her getting in the zone before ray of light was a moment).

Madge singing to Martin Burgoyne's image had me very choked up (as did that whole segment). Especially since I've just been reading about that phase of her life - he seemed like such a lovely club kid (knew EVERYONE on the downtown scene and had such a tragic end). 

This one was a bit special/sad because before Mother Father she told a little story about David's adoption...his mum died in childbirth (?) and he was raised by an 8 yr old sister. Sadly his sister died of AIDS yesterday (same day as gig!). Seeing him on stage looking all vulnerable and responding to her was extremely moving. It was also the anniversary of the Bataclan shooting, so that was poignant also.

Uppers and downers for nuance only - loved every second. 

Uppers:
* Started early and ended just after midnight - over two hours! (I think it's because she had some tech issues the night before).
* Crowd was really good (feisty when I went to the loo though - nearly lost my spot!).
* Really pleased I've had the experience of seated AND floor because you get ALL of the view in seats but none of the mayhem. This is a show you need to see at least twice.
* Watching an interlude and Madge suddenly shooting out of the stage in her Versace cat suit - all dramatic and only meters away...takes your breath away! :-0
* She looked amazing and was all smiles - in a great mood.
* Sounded even better - kept checking if she was actually live as her voice was almost too on point...but her voice momentarily cracked during Like a prayer. Fantastic to hear some bone fide live vocals instead of pre-records and endless tracking.
* You can tell when she's enjoying herself because she gets all chatty during numbers. It was slightly amusing when she flipped out because the stage was wet during erotica.
* Went out for a beer - found a Madonna glitter station (lol) - came back all "hiiii!"
* The erotica/Dita gold tooth was back. 
* Helga plaits during the cowboy bit - looked great. That outfit has grown on me --looks really expensive up close.
* Fave numbers: Open your heart (so great and old skool!), Like a prayer (best version since blond ambition), La Isla Bonita was nice, Ray of light was just incredible - even better than I remember from the O2. She's giving so much attitude up there. Flicking her hair all over the place etc. Sent me over the edge. 

Downers:
* Panto ensemble outfits that look more parody than clubby (dancers that is).
* Strange styling during interludes, a LOT of fabric thrown together fancy dress style - a bit Cher and incoherent in places. The JPG moments more than make up for this though!
* No clue who the Vogue guest was - anyone?
* The ending - really extra and fun. She's frankly hilarious and having a REALLY good time up there. However, the dubious choice of song and accompanying outfits look more like a west end tribute show than a high end Madonna gig.
* Didn't need the Evita interlude.
* Screaming kids on the Eurostar home this morn. 

It really was a momentous occasion. A great retrospective / SO perfect for now and I feel like she gives so much more of herself here than in previous outings.

Great read. Loved!  Thank you!! 

17 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Matcha Kit Kats are Godzillas and Skippy’s favorite (Skippy for the younger crowd is a kangaroo) 

I prefer this one when it comes to kangaroos:

Joey_(1997)_Film_Poster.jpg.87b1b670a60e231ae094b5e72e99f733.jpg          Shame there's not a DVD format of this movie (at least not in my country), let alone a BD one.

EDIT: @Vogueristatis a very cute movie btw, heart melting level, excellent tip for any occasion!!!

1 hour ago, robder said:

Thanks love ❤️ 

I must be getting really old, this made me tear up 😢

List Of Backup Dancers for Madonna’s Celebration Tour

Marvin Gofin 

Derrell Bullock 

Kupono Aweau

Prince Lyons

Jaxon Willard

James Vu Anh Pham

Daniele Sibilli

Dana Pajarillaga

Chaz Buzan

Sasha Mallory

Sierra Herrera

Mattie Love

Stevie Doré

List Of Choreographers for Madonna’s Celebration Tour

Damien Jalet

Travis Payne – Choreographer

Megan Lawson – Supervising Choreographer

Matt Cady – Supervising Choreographer

Valeree Young – Supervising choreographer

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

I prefer this one when it comes to kangaroos:

Joey_(1997)_Film_Poster.jpg.87b1b670a60e231ae094b5e72e99f733.jpg          Shame there's not a DVD format of this movie (at least not in my country), let alone a BD one.

EDIT: @Vogueristatis a very cute movie btw, heart melting level, excellent tip for any occasion!!!

Thanks so much! Looks great! 💝💝💝🦬🦮🦌🦆🧤🦮🦌🦆

1 hour ago, Pedro Beltran said:

List Of Backup Dancers for Madonna’s Celebration Tour

Marvin Gofin 

Derrell Bullock 

Kupono Aweau

Prince Lyons

Jaxon Willard

James Vu Anh Pham

Daniele Sibilli

Dana Pajarillaga

Chaz Buzan

Sasha Mallory

Sierra Herrera

Mattie Love

Stevie Doré

List Of Choreographers for Madonna’s Celebration Tour

Damien Jalet

Travis Payne – Choreographer

Megan Lawson – Supervising Choreographer

Matt Cady – Supervising Choreographer

Valeree Young – Supervising choreographer

Marvin is my fave! 💝💝💝💝🕺🏼🕺🏼🕺🏼

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)