The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

2 hours ago, Alibaba said:

-She spent most of Burning Up/I Love NY looking at her guitar…she was playing slightly different chord progressions and remembering her different vocal cues, and it obviously wasn’t as rehearsed as it needs to be. That’s why her vocal was totally raw and unhinged.

Could it also be that there is no backing vocal track so the vocals are purely live and therefore.... as they are?

4 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Could it also be that there is no backing vocal track so the vocals are purely live and therefore.... as they are?

There was a backing track, she misses her line at 1:47 but you can still listen to the backing track - very low though:

I'm sure tonight it'll be better overall.

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Fox News trashing her, of course:

This tour is giving us the classic Madonna experience on every level! Amazing.

The lady at 1:24 OMG xd

Technical issues... shmechnical issues.  We all know it's bull, but as the "True Blue" fan stated, she's known to come late. Most people know it by now.  But I had to laugh when the lady said she went on after her bed time.  Okaaaaaaay!  Then stay home and go to bed!  If you're planning to attend a Madonna show at this point, you should expect you're going to be up past your bed time, if you're in bed by 10 pm.  A Madonna concert is eventful, so expect to be up late with her.  In fact, if I was going to stay up late for anyone, it would be Madonna.  I think most people, despite how they feel about her late arrival can say they still enjoyed themselves immensely.  But rather concentrate on the many who enjoyed the show, the news has to cover the negative which by the end of the show, no one really cared! LOL!

3 hours ago, androiduser said:

I understand what you’re saying, but I don’t think that was the issue. The fact that the backing vocal was low in the mix might have heightened our awareness of how rough it sounded! She seemed a little less confident in her playing, and that nought have even been partially due to it being her first show in a week…She has punk screeched her way through Burning Up thus far too…it doesn’t do her vocal cords any favors in any case. 

44 minutes ago, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

Yeah, they actually didn't criticize anything about the content of the show, just the late start. 

True, but they didn't really talk much about the "content" of the tour anyway, so we're back at a piece that is pretty much trying to find reason to be critical.  But that is the way of the media. No one wants to hear the "good stuff", they just want the "dirt". 

29 minutes ago, McDonna said:

That live Burning Up audio in her story sounds really good.  Impressed as it sounds properly mix with her live vocals standing out.

It’s. From the Rebel Heart Tour live album. 
BTW the backing tracks were way more high on that tour than in this one, generally speaking. 

22 minutes ago, Jackie said:

At the end of the day, this is Madonna - we know she's not known for her live singing - so we can't expect her to deliver -

We should also stop with this attitude as fans. She sings way more live than some others that are known for vocals and that are just standing in front of the mic. Beyoncé herself, someone that can actually sing, has heavy backing tracks in her shows. Taylor Swift too. Just to name the two biggest one that went on tour this year. 

4 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

It’s. From the Rebel Heart Tour live album. 
BTW the backing tracks were way more high on that tour than in this one, generally speaking. 

Well that explains why it sounded different to me.  For some reason I was concentrating on how good the audio sounded.   Thanks for sharing that.  :)

4 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

We should also stop with this attitude as fans. She sings way more live than some others that are known for vocals and that are just standing in front of the mic. Beyoncé herself, someone that can actually sing, has heavy backing tracks in her shows. Taylor Swift too. Just to name the two biggest one that went on tour this year. 

I agree!

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

At the end of the day, this is Madonna - we know she's not known for her live singing - so we can't expect her to deliver -

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

But she sounds fine 75% of the time. I think she's doing a pretty good job sounding like that in a show like this... as someone said before, she is not just standing in front of the mic the whole show. And yes there are some off moments vocal wise, but also good moments, I think overal she sounds more good than bad... 

2 hours ago, madgic2005 said:

Based on all the clips so far I thought she sounded great (except for ILNY) - her vocals also came through more than the backing tracks

The first new york show was her weakest vocal performance from this tour yet, ilny and Bedtime stories are horrible ( but had sound issues on Bedtime Stories, and more i think because she said something about the sound) but the other songs sounded decent, not bad at all, not her best, but defenitely not bad. So if this is her weakest night vocal wise it's still fine... 

15 minutes ago, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

Is she on yet...? I live on the west coast of the US, so it's a much smaller time difference from NYC than Europe, just three hours. 

Going by social media yes she’s on but there’s such a mishmash of videos from two nights it’s hard to tell when she actually got on

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic