The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

4 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I don't either.  But with SO much reference to BAT during this tour, it seems appropriate. Do we know if they've attended the show yet? 

as far as I know they haven't attended yet.

In the latest Pop Shop Podcast Billboard’s Keith Caulfield and Katie Atkinson talk to Donna De Lory and Niki Haris, who this weekend are performing two of their own shows together just up the street from the Madison Square Garden, where Madonna is bringing her Celebration Tour. Could a momentous Madonna reunion with two of her former longtime backing singers be in the works?

Niki tells Billboard: “I have no right to give any information that is not completely confirmed as of this moment. With that said, we take joy wherever we can find it – if it’s on our stage, at Madison Square Garden, wherever the joy is. In [Madonna’s] living room. … The bottom line is, we’re in town. … We may just go grab a coffee together. Who knows?”

Donna adds: “No matter what, we’re just gonna have a great time.”

What can fans expect when the girls hit the stage at The Green Room 42 this weekend?

“There’s gonna be a lot of energy,” Donna says, “It’s just gonna be beautiful music, a really great connection with Niki and I with our voices, but also our soul sister energy that we bring because we just love to be together doing this … The whole (show) tells our story, we share our values and perspective on life – our shared values. I think people really get a sense of that. Also, where we are right now in our lives.”

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/donna-de-lory-niki-haris-talk-potential-of/id720291560?i=1000642728511

16 hours ago, dela01 said:

Last Saturday, I went to the second show in my town, Montréal.  After seeing a lot of videos since the beginning of the tour, I was kind of not super exited to see it live with my friend.  It was his first time seeing her on stage.  I was expecting hearing more the backing track than her live voice.  I was even expecting to be disappointed by the staging and her not taking control of it.

I was wrong.  I really enjoyed it and so my friend and I guess all those in the arena!  The sound was good, her voice was better than expected and not overshadowed by the backing track (excluding Erotica and Justify My Love), the lighting is so perfect and she is still in good control on stage and she still uses it perfectly to her advantage. 

I would have liked to hear her speak our language, French, but I guess she does not care anymore.

For me, this tour is as good as Re-Invention tour, a tour without a boring part and I can’t wait to see it on a big screen and on my tv!

IMG_8358.jpg

I swear, this Die Another Day performance was a real highlight for me. Videos/photos don't do it justice. I loved how she was there in the middle with the two dancers on either side and then BOOM, the lights flashed and suddenly the others were all around her on the catwalks. I audibly gasped. So witchy and amazing. Damien Jalet is a genius.

1 hour ago, xavier said:

Here rumors Nicki & Donna will join her for a guest spot on stage at some point in the tour. (Not sure if rumor is legit.).

I read it myself too. All our prayers go there guys. And if it will happen, I mean I hope it's going to really happen, not just having them as the ballroom judges.

5 minutes ago, Joseebus said:

I swear, this Die Another Day performance was a real highlight for me. Videos/photos don't do it justice. I loved how she was there in the middle with the two dancers on either side and then BOOM, the lights flashed and suddenly the others were all around her on the catwalks. I audibly gasped. So witchy and amazing. Damien Jalet is a genius.

I think most people who've seen the show have DAD as a highlight.

I got goosebumps when the strings started at my show in London even though I knew what was coming,

seeing it live was something I was unprepared for

17 minutes ago, Joseebus said:

When she first appeared and noticed she was referencing The Holy Mountain, i was in fucking awe. One of the coolest performances ever.

7 minutes ago, deathproof said:

When she first appeared and noticed she was referencing The Holy Mountain, i was in fucking awe. One of the coolest performances ever.

I wanna know what's the reference to the Holy Mountain. I watched that movie once, but I forgot it so I didn't get the reference.

I don't see DAD's performance as a highlight, for me.

The live lights were stunning, but the last time I saw the show, I was a bit bored. I realized I don't like the choreography. The part with the dancers is nice, but she makes repetitive arms/hand movements and remains mostly still. I think it would have been cooler if she had walked and studied some different interactions with the dancers. Some pieces of the choreography are okay, but the overall performance is very repetitive and ultimately boring for me.

My highlights are Justify My Love, Erotica, Holiday, Live To Tell, Nothing Really Matters, Open Your Heart, Bad Girl, Don't Tell Me, Vogue, and Bedtime Story.

28 minutes ago, stefo said:

I read it myself too. All our prayers go there guys. And if it will happen, I mean I hope it's going to really happen, not just having them as the ballroom judges.

That would indeed be an epic performance! Removing the current arrangement, performing it entirely with Niki and Donna's musicians, lowering it by a few semitones to suit Madonna, including all the harmonies... would be epic! I would be willing to pay $10k to attend such an event (if well-executed) live. Our enthusiasm is clear, but it's challenging to predict whether such an event will happen, especially if there are conflicts between Madonna and Niki (I think they had a falling out 20 years ago).

2 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Did she film the concert yet for release?

I think they are filming bits and pieces at each tour stop. And that's perfectly fine! But the only thing I hope for is that they don't end up with the mishaps seen in the DVDs from the MDNA Tour up to the MXT: a thousand different costumes (it's okay to show the three corsets once, but I hope the footage is then based on just one) and a thousand different hairstyles (here too, I hope it's not a continuous epileptic transition from filming with long hair to braids or from straight hair in the first section to wavy hair). I hope it's a cohesive, well-edited work.

1 minute ago, dave2290 said:

You cant celebrate 40 years of career without  Niki and Donna... 

I think they must celebrate with her. And not just as guest judges

3 minutes ago, FraP said:

I wanna know what's the reference to the Holy Mountain. I watched that movie once, but I forgot it so I didn't get the reference.

She plays the role of the "alchemist."

The-Holy-Mountain-HERO.jpg

The section is about her journey to enlightenment, and eventually empowerment (dont cry for me...).

Her first step is to leave all materialistic things behind, by destroying her ego.

We see the enneagram at the end of the performance (also seen in The Holy Mountain)

the-origin-of-the-ta-symbol-from-the-hol

This is prefaced earlier at the end of The Beast Within, with the quote from George Gurdjieff, who is responsible for bringing the enneagram symbol to the modern world. The system that Gurdjieff taught is a complex study of psychology, spirituality, and cosmology to help those understand their place in the universe and their objective purpose in life.

3 hours ago, stefo said:

possibly all three singing EY and then again possibly during Celebration at the end. I wish they would add a few more lines of "Music" in with Celebration

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

She plays the role of the "alchemist."

The-Holy-Mountain-HERO.jpg

The section is about her journey to enlightenment, and eventually empowerment (dont cry for me...).

Her first step is to leave all materialistic things behind, by destroying her ego.

We see the enneagram at the end of the performance (also seen in The Holy Mountain)

the-origin-of-the-ta-symbol-from-the-hol

This is prefaced earlier at the end of The Beast Within, with the quote from George Gurdjieff, who is responsible for bringing the enneagram symbol to the modern world. The system that Gurdjieff taught is a complex study of psychology, spirituality, and cosmology to help those understand their place in the universe and their objective purpose in life.

Wow!

Now I remember seeing this movie. I was 16 years old, and I recall finding it a bit brainy and boring. I think I would watch it with very different eyes, I've changed. I'll rewatch it; you've piqued my curiosity. Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, androiduser said:

The performance stars with this exact pose and a very similar costume

HolyMountain03.jpg

Amazing cinematography, by the way.

It must be a movie to watch after smoking a joint 🤣

10 minutes ago, judas2015 said:

EY would be so coool 👌🏻 and imagine ‘Rain ‘ all 3 together 😍

Rain would be the coolest thing ever, but it's a performance they can't improvise. It requires extensive preparation for Madonna, who certainly doesn't have the vocal skills and abilities of Niki and Donna.

They need to rehearse all the harmonies and pretty much everything. 

Listening the trio sing Rain is a true dream.

Anyway, it's also a dream just to think that they might step on stage with her. Unfortunately, I think it won't happen, even though I hope for it.

If I ever spoke with Madonna, I would immediately advise her to call them (I wouldn't say anything else, ahahah)

Edited by FraP (see edit history)

So what City has had the best crowd so far do you think? For me I have not noticed any City that stood way out from the rest but the MSG crowd seems to be one of the loudest from what I have seen and heard from videos. Tonight in Philly could get pretty loud also but I still think Miami will be the best crowd in the USA. Mexico probably will be rocking too.