The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

23 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I'd be a tour costume only for being able to attend every single SHOW of this tour.

Shame people still are talking about Rock in Rio... Do a Jeunesse Arena miniresidency for the Light's sake, M!!!

In the past, my passion for Madonna led me to follow every video from every show of tours like the S&S, MDNA Tour, and RHT, and I would have loved to see every single show if I had the financial means.

Now I still love her ❤️ But the love is different!

On the opening night of this tour, I was there but I had a so-so experience because I was feeling very ill 🤒 and also due to too high expectations, I watched it with little open-mindedness.

I had to give the concert a second chance to fully appreciate it. In Lisbon, I finally enjoyed the show a lot and understood it better, except for the ending which I still don't like.

In Milan, I enjoyed the concert again, even though at times I was less engaged, probably due to familiarity with the show. Like, during Die Another Day, the ending and Rain, I was even bored 😴 (which has never happened to me watching Madonna).

I thought seeing the same show three times in two months might be too much for the current me, although the third time I discovered new aspects to admire and noticed details that had escaped me before. For example, I absolutely loved The Beast Within.

That performance is absolute fire 🔥

I hadn't planned on attending a fourth show, also because the current tour is different from the previous ones, less focused on the wow effect, it's a real autobiographical concert.

It's more human than CT or BAT, but it's more rigid than a Rebel Heart Tour, where with Pittman there were a thousand variations and a lot of surprise songs.

Although it has some flaws compared to previous tours, I definitely prefer it to the MDNA Tour (which I love) and the Madame X Tour... Don't get me wrong!

Now, I've been given a ticket for the SF show 🌉

And since a lot of time will have passed since the last time I saw her (almost three months), I'm sure I will be able to fully enjoy it and what happened in Milan won't happen.

I'll see EY for the first time, I'll see a Madonna who engages the audience more and maybe she'll have some other surprise in store!

This time, I plan to turn off my phone 📵 and live in the moment to the fullest, even though I'll be in the stands rather than floor tickets as on the previous shows. But I will have an excellent view (I'll be down low) and I will let myself go to the rhythm of the music, dancing a lot, which nowadays at concerts very few people do!

I'll let you know how it will be!

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

I'd be a tour costume only for being able to attend every single SHOW of this tour.

Shame people still are talking about Rock in Rio... Do a Jeunesse Arena miniresidency for the Light's sake, M!!!

EDIT: sorry, don't know why my comment was posted twice, can't erase it

Edited by FraP (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, zephyr in the sky at night said:

Saw the show for the first time in Philly last night and WOW. It was so incredible. I’ve been reading along here with you guys, but haven’t watched any videos cause I wanted some surprises. I truly loved this show 🥹

Bob took the stage at 10pm on the dot, she did Express Yourself and Rain. Kevin Jz Prodigy was the guest and David did a verse in Mother & Father. I thought the energy seemed high, though a few times she was doing that “come on, is that all you got?!” kinda thing, so I wonder if it felt a little low compared to MSG hahaha. 

She genuinely seemed to be enjoying herself. Lots of interactions with the crowd and smiling and overall euphoria. I particularly loved Open Your Heart, Bad Girl, Hung Up, Ray Of Light.. the transition from Human Nature to Crazy For You is so jarring, almost felt like a mistake haha. I know everyone says the ending is abrupt, but I guess it didn’t bother me because I had scene all the complaints- felt like a proper finale to me! Overall I genuinely loved it, am still on such a high, and now can’t wait for the recording of this show!

Took the words right out of my mouth. It was such an incredible show 

Another random question: Im sure its been discussed before, but what beautiful classical piece was M’s daughter playing before she sang “Bad Girl”. They both did great…but listening to that beautiful piano piece reminded me so much of my piano lessons growing up, learning all those wonderful songs!  

@True Blue 84 I can’t thank you enough for those videos you posted. Excellent quality. We had good seats but I was more to the right side of the stadium 

19 minutes ago, Team Madonna said:

Another random question: Im sure its been discussed before, but what beautiful classical piece was M’s daughter playing before she sang “Bad Girl”. They both did great…but listening to that beautiful piano piece reminded me so much of my piano lessons growing up, learning all those wonderful songs!  

@True Blue 84 I can’t thank you enough for those videos you posted. Excellent quality. We had good seats but I was more to the right side of the stadium 

The videos are not mine, found them here and on YouTube 🥰... 

1 hour ago, Team Madonna said:

On 1/5/2024 at 6:37 AM, Blue Jean said:

I had a very different interpretation of this segment.

To me Erotica, JML and Hung Up were all about her exploration and expression of her own sexuality through her work. Vogue is directly relating to her support of the Queer community, (you see that on the screens at one point.) and the whole performance is an homage to queer culture. She is arrested and taken away for both of these crimes leading to Human Nature and the whole backlash period. She faces her self during Crazy for You, essentially expressing love and appreciation to her rebellious “I’m not sorry” self from those years.

The Beast Within represents damnation to hell as there is the lake of fire, the song quotes the bible etc. I think this is reflective of the guilt she still carries from her Catholic upbringing.

Die Another Day is her discovery of Kabbalah and I think that’s pretty clear with the imagery that is incorporated into that performance, not to mention the lyrics of the song itself are all Kabbalah related.

This is interesting. As I never could wrap my head around the Beast Within performance. I initially took it as just setting the tone for the time and era the story was taking place.

I also like your theory about Crazy For You. I just figured she was talking about god/higher power. The light of God comes down and shines upon her, alluring her to find a new faith and new meaning in life. A segue into her next chapter : her journey to enlightenment. 

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

This is interesting. As I never could wrap my head around the Beast Within performance. I initially took it as just setting the tone for the time and era the story was taking place.

I also like your theory about Crazy For You. I just figured she was talking about god/higher power. The light of God comes down and shines upon her, alluring her to find a new faith and new meaning in life. A segue into her next chapter : her journey to enlightenment. 

Interesting interpretations of this segment. I kept thinking more surface as in "In case you missed my Re-Invention Tour, here's the really cool visuals I shot with Steven Klein" and the fire I thought of as a throw back to the Girlie Show at the end of "Fever" which definitely ties into her "I'm not sorry self" as mentioned.

5 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

Interesting interpretations of this segment. I kept thinking more surface as in "In case you missed my Re-Invention Tour, here's the really cool visuals I shot with Steven Klein" and the fire I thought of as a throw back to the Girlie Show at the end of "Fever" which definitely ties into her "I'm not sorry self" as mentioned.

Both ideas put together for sure. Its such a thought through detailed show with double ideas going through her life with nods to the past for fans but also incorporate a second narrative.  My head was spinning. Also the lasers symbols in DAD trying to work them out. Her brain is on POINT. 

The sex segment I thought she was going through the early 90s's where she was sexual and both went with men and women showing her bisexuality esp at that time. 

Whether any of our questioning is what if its this and that or omg never noticed shows she's a genius, NOBODY ELSE can do that!!! Its pure art. 

After watching clips online again, I want to change my interpretation of what the sections represent.

Earlier I theorized the country western section was the late 90s of her career and the futuristic section was 2000s. I think I'm wrong.

The country western section represents her 2000s and 2010s career. It starts with Die Another Day representing her comeback from the sex era backlash and finding Kabbalah. Don't Tell Me is then he song about never stopping no matter what. Mother and Father is her own experiences navigating motherhood of all of her children. I Will Survive / Express Yourself is about her surviving / not going for second best. La Isla Bonita to me represents her travels to foreign countries through her Malawi foundation and finding her adopted children. Don't Cry for Me Argentina represents her political activism - she probably chose this song as opposed to American Life since it's her only uplifting song with political overtones whereas American Life has a sense of resentment about life to it.

That then takes us to current day which then makes sense why the I Don't Search interlude is here because it summarizes everything we just saw from start-to-finish and who Madonna is right now.

Then, the next section is actually a part of her career that has NOT happened yet. It's the distant future, hence the reason it doesn't match any of Madonna's fashion styles and looks futuristic. Then she ends with Rain because it's supposed to represent her death. I think this because of the man in the black cloak following her around and then finally taking her in the end. The lyrics deal with someone going away. If you remember from early rehearsals it was supposed to have The Power of Goodbye in this slot which adds to my theory here.

Then why the silhouette Like a Virgin / Billie Jean interlude? It's supposed to now represent those "in memoriam" things when a celebrity passes away; hence the reason, Madonna is only seen as a silhouette and dancing with Michael in heaven. This theory makes sense for when the lyrics to Angel come out at the end to represent that Madonna is the angel, not Michael and he embraces her. It boggled me for the longest time why this interlude was here at the end of the show and not the I Don't Search interlude in it's place. But this makes sense.

But she can never say goodbye, so we jump back to present day Madonna where she sings Bitch I'm Madonna. This makes sense because again from early rehearsals, she was supposed to be wearing a black veil in this segment and holding a cross (maybe representing her own demise but was probably taken out after her real life near-death experience)

14 minutes ago, Enrico said:

So:

Will Niki and Donna - who are performing in New York tonight - be invited as guest for tomorrow's last show at MSG? I have the impression they'd love to, but will M please the fans? 

Las Vegas Cash GIF by DYD Sports & Betting Brand

she should just do it!! come on, they have been part of her dna for quite some time of the 4 decades - BRING THEM ON!!!

Question for all of you who's reading this 🥰... Did the Celebration Tour change your " favorite tour ranking " top 5?... mine sure did. At first i ranked it at 5, then 3... and now i even rank it at 2 , right after Blond Ambition. Since i seen it in Amsterdam im obsessed with it. It's so iconic... 

22 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Question for all of you who's reading this 🥰... Did the Celebration Tour change your " favorite tour ranking " top 5?... mine sure did. At first i ranked it at 5, then 3... and now i even rank it at 2 , right after Blond Ambition. Since i seen it in Amsterdam im obsessed with it. It's so iconic... 

Now Celebration is my favorite tour before MDNA (number 2) and Drowned World Tour (number 3).

It's amazing that there are fans who include this tour among their favorites, I never expected it! This shows that it's still a worthy Madonna tour

I wouldn't rank it in my top 5, even though I really enjoyed it. I prefer (in order) CT, GS, DWT, BAT, RIT, RHT, and S&S.