The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

9 hours ago, Future Lover said:

It was full save for one or two patches in a few sections of the upper tiers. My photos were WAY before she went on. 

I'm going to use this as an opportunity to reiterate what I have been for months: most people in the US these days wait until the last minute to get their tickets. I was checking Ticketmaster from my seat and every few minutes dozens of seats were getting snatched. They wait for prices to drop. 

She is not playing to half empty rooms. Some cities just aren't selling out until the buzzer. There were even people at the box office buying tickets once 8:30 passed and Ticketmaster stopped selling through their website. 

Hopefully. That seemed like the case to some extent here even. Also maybe those chilly Minnesotans are waiting out to see how the weather will be. Lord knows it gets frigid up there. Dontcha kno.

6 hours ago, dankpepe said:

Review:

I got there at 7:20 with my brother. He is older than me and isn't a Madonna fan. It was freezing outside, doors opened at 7:30pm.

Inside I got my free gift bag. All I got was a cheap bag, a flimsy hat, a lanyard, and a picture.

Walked around the arena to get a drink. Beers at the one stand were $19.

Took our seats 5 rows in front of the catwalk. The DJ was Mary Mac or something. She wasn't very good. Her mixes were lame and the moment she played a song the crowd liked, she'd pause it to yell "Let's Go" or something about Pittsburgh which killed the vibe. She began to play 4 Minutes but 10 seconds into it she said "they're telling me to get off stage, I have to go" and it just dwindled off after that. Maybe Madonna said to pull the plug on this girl.

Someone in the row in front of me spilled beer, so a janitor had to mop it up. The usher told us, this is where Bob the Drag Queen is going to walk through. I was laughing to myself thinking, "what if Bob trips and falls on this spilled beer?". The arena was extremely hot. The usher told us that Madonna requested it be 78 degrees inside.

Show started just after 10 but it really didn't seem like I was waiting that long. It felt so fast.

Finally Bob came out and walked right passed me. He's very tall. When he tossed "money" into the crowd, I ran forward to grab it and some security guy grabbed me then handed me one of the Celebration dollars from the floor. Keeping that as a collectible.

I've never been to a concert before so this was very cool. The lights were blindingly bright. To my ear, it sounded like most of the songs had very loud backing vocals, louder than her actual singing, but that's just what my ear is detecting, could be wrong..

Seemed like a sound issue during Open Your Heart as she said something then thanked the sound guy.

Before Burning Up she gave a brief speech about the show being about stories and introduced us to her 1982 self. No Causing a Commotion. She was wearing grillz but you couldn't tell as I said it sounded like mostly backing track.

I couldn't make out much of what was being said during the "getting into the club" segment before Holiday and I don't think others could understand either.

She cried following Live to Tell.

Biggest roars of the first section were for Open Your Heart and Like a Prayer.

Oddly enough, Erotica got a massive cheer. Crowd was a mix of older women and middle aged men / gays.

She had the gold tooth for the 90s section.

She was so close during Hung Up. My brother clapped after that performance even though before the show he didn't seem like he wanted to go (I didn't spoil anything for him, wanted his raw reaction without knowing anything going in).

During the ballroom segment, she had some unknown drag queen as judge. The drag queen botched the football throwing segment and just walked to the ball to a guy.

The arena was already super hot so the flames during Beast Within made it worse.

The bassline and lazers to Die Another Day were cool. She seemed exhausted physically by the end of Don't Tell Me.

She rested her head on the mic stand after Mother and Father, again seeming physically spent to me. She then talked about going through Pittsburgh as a teen to help fix her grandpa's barn. Then talked about how steel workers built this country and how Italians immigrants have been treated like shit. Then talked about hard work.

She did Express Yourself but her guitar was very, very out of tune. It sounded a mess. Vocally she carried it well but the guitar was a disaster, she even acknowledge something was wrong and then just stopped playing it. When people turned their lights on, I saw a few big patches of empty seats, not sure why they didn't move people down to fill this in.

From the floor, Bedtime Story is weird since she goes up and we can't see her. Most people started sitting down because they weren't sure what to do. The projection on the box is very low quality. Felt like I was seeing her in 244p on that box. Ray of Light was wild and got people excited. Her box thing comes really far into the audience on this song.

Rain sounds better in person than in cell phone video.

It was a good crowd but they didn't seem too "loud", they seemed more enthralled with very little dancing or jumping up and down.

Lots of weird looking people and people who shouldn't be wearing the revealing outfits they had on for their body types. Some really, really old dude was walking around in a red Nothing Really Matters kimono, hopefully he had clothes on underneath and wasn't naked. Madonna acknowledge it was a great crowd and that the audience was "good looking and cute".

43 minutes ago, norisk_noglory said:

I think you where to excited or maybe the wrong spot because her vocals are mostly louder than the backing track vocals in this video from last night...

And also in these two below 

different spots in the arena can make a huge difference, on some spots the backing track can sound verry loud while on others her live vocals sound loud and also spots where both of them are perfectly blended.. It's a bit strange sometimes. But we have to keep in mind that her backing tracks are also her backing vocals, wich are normaly sung by background vocalists. So if the music is to loud the backing vocals are to loud to i gues... But most of the time it all depends on the spot where you are watching  the show...

But again i hope you had a great time 

51 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Ive been lucky in mine they have luckily been very clear esp Lisbon but it was LOUD. Ive not been on the floor though I could imagine that VIBRATES! 

They were pretty clear last night to, watch these video's... As i said before it all depends on the spot where you are watching the show. On some spots the backing track sounds louder than on other spots, and on some spots her live vocals sound louder, and on other spots it sounded perfectly blended... It's really weird this tour... and thats why all those video's online sounds different, even video's from the same night, same song sound different...

4 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

He clearly said the other dates will be announced soon, for Europe and North America

Who knows, maybe she and Bob will amicably part ways after this leg and she’ll get a different queen.

Or if more shows don’t come til late in the year they will reconvene. 🤷‍♂️

If she were to revamp the show and remove the emcee role I wouldn’t mind. He was fun but I didn’t find it completely necessary.

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Yeah in all of my 4 shows, I've never been able to understand the banter when she's trying to get into the club during the 80s section. The sound is never as clear as I would like it in-person on this tour.

I had that issue as well. Also w/Bob’s opening monologue. If I hadn’t been aware of it from this forum I wouldn’t have understood most of it.

IMG_0521.jpeg.dba5856d3771518cb6966a9df3ef75c6.jpeg